• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 January Rainbows

Hello ladies!!!! Still can't wait for pictures of baby Alexander!! :D glad to hear the babies are doing well :)

Me- we're gonna be in the thread forever!!! Lol.

So, Saturday I overdid it and went for a 2.5 hour walk and after every three laps, I'd do one set of stadiums(very slowly of course). That afternoon, my ankles and hands were SO swollen!!!! I could feel BH contractions start later that night. I also had some back pain, and mild cramping. I seriously thought that was the night. I decided to sleep. Woke up, everything was gone. *sigh*

Still just waiting and waiting

Come on Violet! Lol. I don't even care if she comes on Christmas now. I was afraid of that before... But now she just needs to come!!! Lol

Wow Lucy you sound like you need to take it easy and let everyone else do the work!! You have just had a baby remember! Get someone else cooking, forget the cleaning and sleep and cuddles with Ivan xx

Young your due date is 2 weeks before mine so i really am starting to think I'm going to be left in here on my own!! I am the same as you, get BH when I'm tired and then it goes away, I also get really swollen hands and feet by the end of the day, by morning they are fine again! No other labour signs here, he is way to comfy in there!

My pubic bones are hurting SO MUCH now! I have cried a couple of times it hurts that much, I don't know how to get comfy! 37 weeks tomoro on Christmas Day so I can officially say...get out baby!

Emmy thanks Hun I'm just used to doing it all. I got everything done luckily the dinner was easy to do so didn't spend hours in the kitchen and my hubby helped out tons too. It ended up being just the three of us so that was nice, we even opened presents early. Ivan got tons of clothes but still to big for him to wear :( but soon. My boss got him a 1st Xmas outfit but he doesn't fit into it it's huge on him it's newborn size he wears preemie oh well he'll eventually fit it

Hope everyone had a great Xmas :D can't wait to meet the rest of the rainbows

Merry Christmas ladies :xmas9:
Sorry for taking ages to update but time has gone a bit astray!!
Both Alexander and I are doing just great. We had to spend a night and day in the hospital to monitor me for bleeding due to my clotting issues but everything has been fine. We're home now and trying to adjust to the massive change. I've never been so excited and terrified and emotional all at the same time!! I can say that it's absolutely amazing, can't stop looking at little Alexander, I'm totally in awe :cloud9:
So here's my birth story: we went to some fiends for dinner on Saturday night, I was totally fine, no signs of anything. At their house my mucus plug went- very obvious and loads!! I told my hubby on the drive home and joked that it could mean going into labour now or still in 2 weeks. We got home about 10 and my water broke in the bathroom- gush onto the tiled floor. I froze and yelled my hubby- we both just stood and looked at the floor like idiots!! Anyway I put a pad on and waited to see, contractions started quickly coming every 4-6 minutes from the start. Felt like bad period pain from the start and just in my lower abdomen. I called l&d to let them know and check it was ok I was having low pains and not whole bump pressure- they said that was fine. I had a bath and 2 paracetamol. An hour later I couldn't stay at home anymore. The pains were just coming in rolls and I was a bit shocked at how bad it was at that stage so we went in. The 15 minute drive there was horrendous as I couldn't sit on my bum very well!! When we got there they wanted to check me and the baby. Problem was it was so painful to lay on the bed on my back and I was convinced I needed to poo!! Baby was fine and I was at 5cm (3.5hrs after water breaking) They wanted to keep the monitor on me but let me kneel on the bed. Things got pretty painful at that point and I tried gas and air but it made me sick. The only good thing was I could bite the tube and it calmed my breathing. My body started to push involuntarily and the midwife said it was a bit soon but they checked and baby was coming!! I turned onto my back and pushed like hell. Took quite a lot to push him out and they nearly had to cut me but I managed. The pushing was much less painful than the contractions, just exhausting. So baby popped out at 4:15am, 2.45hrs after arriving at hospital. I was so amazed when he came out and up onto my chest, I was pretty shocked!! He cried and waved his arms straight away so there was no time to worry about him. Dh cut the cord. It was amazing!!
So that's it really. Fast for a first time and very different from what I expected- mainly that the middle bit was the worst and it was all localised below my belly button. Think I was lucky. He was 8lb 3oz at 38+3 so in a way I'm glad he didn't go full term because he'd have been a good 9lbs- ouch!!
Anyway I'll try and attach pics.
Hope everyone else is ok. Can't wait to hear about new arrivals and birth stories.
Thanks ladies for being there. the last 9 months have been a lot easier to manage with all your support. Will definitely carry on in a parenting thread xxx

Rachel he is gorgeous! Congratulations! Wow he was a big boy your right, imagine if you went over due! Sounds like you did so well and it was very quick!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I am 37 weeks today! Here is a pic of me and OH just about to sit down to a yummy Christmas dinner!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
Rachel he is adorable and yes he def would of been 9lb had he gone any further. So glad it was quickly. Enjoy your little family and Merry Christmas :hugs:

Emmy looking lovely happy 37 weeks your getting closer hope your dinner was yummy

Pics of Ivan in his Xmas clothes

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/lucy529/th_ca71de601702f479b7dd3d5b10a13dcf_zps4b0cc2d8.jpg

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/lucy529/th_f475cd2c972920f99bdf36bd7cfb87c8_zpsebb30141.jpg

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/lucy529/th_f5d2b134e988f6876e821d0d85eefd98_zps14d5f027.jpg

Awwwww Lucy he is so so adorable!! I love the outfits!

I want my baby to come out!

Rachel- what a story!! Alexander is precious! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Lucy- Ivan looks just oh so cute in his Christmas clothes. What a handsome little man!! And definitely try and take it easy. Don't work yourself to death! :)

Emmy- you are looking great!! Not too much longer now!

AFM- I'm a watermelon today. And feeling it too. Violet is clearly out of room in there. I can feel her adjust even just a little. Poor baby. I've done all I can do to convince her to make her debut. But I guess she'll come when she wants. Ugh. Just waiting and waiting. Here's my 39 week picture. I'm wearing black so it's hard to see, but you get the idea!!

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
Young merry Christmas! You are looking ready to pop, not long to go!! Then I shall be talking to myself lol

Young hope she decides to come out soon but you look gorgeous :)

Today has been a day of relaxing no chores just washing Ivan's bottles other than that hubs and I have snuggled on the couch watching movies and taking care of our son and the pup :D

Lucy- thank you!! Glad you relaxed!! Cuddling is always nice!

So my hubby has been really sick since Ivan and I came home he's done his darnest not to get us sick unfortunetly I began with a sore throat yesterday and by night I could barely talk.
Ivan has been fussy and I can only think he's catching what we got :( he sleeps for a bit then cries I have a feeling it's going to be a long night thankfully hubby is off tom so he can help FX it's nothing

Hi how's everyone doing?
Lucy- hope you're not sick and Ivan is doing ok
Emmy and young- how are you girls feeling? I miss my bump a bit and keep thinking I can feel movement in my tummy!! Do you have any checks coming up?
Megan and Heidi- how are Emmett and Hayley. Good Christmas? Are you getting much sleep?
We're doing good here. Alexander has the heel prick test and check up today. Glad they come to the house- it's miserable outside!!
Alexander slept for a few hours in a row last night- some improvement!!!

Rachel I too thought I could feel something in there after Ivan was born made me wish he was still in there. It's wierd how much our bodies change I'm only 13 lbs from my weight before I was pregnant not that in worried about losing much right now but nice to know I don't have tons to lose. I sound horrible but I've always been over weight and took a long time to begin to drop anything.
I did end up sick I think Ivan only has the sniffles so I've been trying my hardest not to kiss him or even breath on him luckily it's passing and hubby has been great at helping out since he's on the mend way better than me.

I'm about 10lb off my pre-preg weight too. It's amazing how it drops off. Hope it keeps going away!

Young, I hope she comes soon!!! You look great though :)

Lucy, I hope you and your hubby feel better and I hope Ivan isn't coming down with it!!! Hugs!

Rachel, glad Alexander is doing well :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas :) We had a good one considering Hayley was still in the NICU. She did give us a GREAT Christmas present though! She came off of the oxygen cannula on Christmas day! Now she is also off of the feeding tube :) We thinking it won't be long before they will send her home <3 SO looking forward to that! :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/hmariecarr/IMG_4829.jpg

Marks wife that is great news! She looks so ready for home time now!

Sorry your all ill Lucy, get well soon :hugs:

Rachel do you get naps in the day? I have my 38 week midwife appointment on the 2nd January but that's it really. Did you ladies have a birth plan written?

I am still 3lbs UNDER my pre pregnancy weight, so crazy isn't it!! I am huuuuuuuge but weighed more than this before??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->