• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 January Rainbows

Rachel- That is exactly how I feel. Early days again! Soon though, we all will have little babies and will be talking about Poop, vomit, pacifiers, and being up all night! Can't Wait! lol :D

We are doing well :) Hayley is still growing like a weed, and hopefully is on the road to going home soon enough. She had a setback at the beginning of the week after having her immunizations and an eye exam in the same 24 hours, but she is catching up again. She still has to get down to where she was on her oxygen, but she is getting there.

Here's a new pic of our little punkin <3
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/hmariecarr/IMG_4762.jpg

We are doing well :) Hayley is still growing like a weed, and hopefully is on the road to going home soon enough. She had a setback at the beginning of the week after having her immunizations and an eye exam in the same 24 hours, but she is catching up again. She still has to get down to where she was on her oxygen, but she is getting there.

Here's a new pic of our little punkin <3
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/hmariecarr/IMG_4762.jpg
OMG look how big she is getting! She's so beautiful! <3

Thanks ladies for the reassurance, I hope you are all right. I'm nervous if I have to have a C-Section (not for the procedure but for the possibility of throwing up from the medication. I've been told I can be given Gravol in advance). I think my fear is also a little bit of the fact I've had to deal with being overweight for so long, I don't want her to go through that. Hopefully she's longer rather than chubbier! :)

Hi Ladies! Congrats on the start of your maternity leaves! Enjoy the sleep now :)

Markswife Hayley is gorgeous, glad to hear she is catching up.

Lucy good luck with breast feeding. I struggled a lot with my first so I can sympathize with what you're going through. I took fenugreek tabs and it helped with my supply. But after mastitis twice and horrible latching problems I only lasted 8 weeks. Is there lactation consultants that you can access? They are a great resource. Please don't be too hard on yourself. I have my fingers crossed everything comes together and works out, but formula is ok too.

Emmett is doing really well. The lack of sleep is starting to kick in, but overall we're doing great. Here's an updated picture :)

Hope everyone is doing well. I am patiently waiting for the next little one to arrive!! You are all going to do great.

Attachments

• Dec 19.jpg
    Dec 19.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2
Markswife and Megan- lovely pictures. So glad things are going well for Hayley and Emmett x

Heidi glad Hayley us catching up again :) FX she goes home soon

Megan I'm trying the fanugreek but it just doesn't seem to help I get less and less milk at each pump even let Ivan try bf but he cries bc nothing comes out so I've been using formula which I'm fine with at least I know I tried, him being healthy is the important thing. I take naps with him when possible to catch up some sleep but it's def not easy I can't wait until my hubby is done with work so had can help me.

Can't wait to see new arrivals so exciting.
Today we got a visit from a nurse to check on Ivan's oxygen and weight and some how they've (the nurse and pediatrician) mis communicated and are now saying Ivan has lost a significant amount of weight from wed when he had his first visit with the pediatrician to today which can't be bc he's eating more than before so I'm freakin out and another reason to use formula to know how much he's getting the stress isn't helping so now they want to know exactly how much he's eating the dirty diapers and so on although when she checked him she said he's doing very well for being a preemie I can't wait until he's older, although I want to enjoy this stage as much as possible the stress and worry is horrible

My waters have gone- eeeeeeeeek!!!!! Having mild contractions- they feel very low at the moment, like period pain. Can't believe this is it, I'm freaking out!!!!! No January baby for me!!

Wow Rachel!! Good luck!! And update update!!

I am definitely going to be in here on my own lol

He's here! Happened very quickly. Birth story later.
We're both fine. He's Alexander John. Born at 4:15, 8lb 3oz- all on 2 paracetemol!! Totally knackered!

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!! Rachel you make it sound so easy lol
Birth story and pics of little Alexander please!! Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wowsers!! Can't wait for pictures! Get some rest and love on Alexander :) so excited!

Love the name! Can't wait to hear the story and see pictures. Congratulations!!!!

Yay!!! Congrats Rachel can't wait for pics of baby Alexander after you've rested of course. :D

Congrats Rachel!!!! Can't wait for pics!!!!

Can't believe the babies are all coming now! So exciting! <3

AFM, Hayley is doing good. She is weaning off of her oxygen flow pretty quickly and will likely be off of it pretty soon (she is actually breathing room air, just getting her off of the flow pressure). She's slowly working on her bottle feeding. Some days she takes a LOT and others she takes a little bit. They keep telling us that one day it will click and she will just eat like a champ. I just hope it is soon. For now they want me to try nursing her once a day to hopefully get her used to that (which is great because I REALLY want to breast feed her and be successful with it, and it would be great to really start that here where I have readily available assistance/advice from nurses and lactation consultants). Other than that, Hayley is 4lb 8.9oz and growing every day! She still has reflux pretty bad, she is getting 2 tsp of rice cereal with her bottles to help with that. Can't wait for her to come home! We are just hoping it won't be long now!

So glad to hear Markswife! It sounds like Hayley is making great progress.

Hi to everyone!

Heidi FX that she gets it soon I was told getting them to feed on a bottle was the most frustrating bc it takes a bit but she will just get it.
Ivan was getting tube and bottle fed during the day then that night it "clicked" for him. I'm sure she'll be home very soon

4lbs 8.9ozs Heidi that's so big! Compared to her birth weight she is doing so well! Hope the feeding clicks for her very soon xx

It's Christmas Eve!! Wooohoooo! I'm not really quite sure what to do with myself. Usually this time of year I am rushing around everywhere and visiting people. I have done everything I need to and now I'm in limbo till its time for baby to come! Spose I shall just put my feet up and watch Christmas films! My mom arrived yesterday so she is staying with us which is good cus she forced me to pack my bag properly so that's all done now apart from snacks and drinks which I need to add when the shops aren't like entering a war zone!

Hmmmm I just have this feeling that baby isn't planning on coming out for a long while yet. I might need to take up a new hobby soon after all the Christmas fun has ended. It could be another 4 weeks if I go overdue....

Emmy I'm running around getting gifts for the hubs :) LOL we were not expecting to be home yet but glad we are so it's a rush now and got to get dinner going for tonight I'm not sure if he's having people over or not but I think he might.

I keep thinking if I should get some wine for tonight so in the mood for it
So far I scrubbed bathroom clean did our room cleaned the kitchen straightened the living room now I got to shower get all dolled up LOL and get
Ivan in his 1st Xmas outfit LOL (we celebrate it tonight, so I guess we're going with that for Ivan at least this year) after he's fed oh I'm exhausted thinking about it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->