2014 January Rainbows

Yep me too can't really believe it I think it's going to be more real when we actually feel movement

I don't think my fears will subside until I get to see my little bean. Scared everyday, and try so hard to relax and not worry but easier said than done... Hope everyone is doing well...

Mama I think that even when they're born we will worry but normal for a mother in my opinion

Ugh, ms is kicking my ass again today!! Struggling in work.
How are you ladies today? X

I'm having a nightmare!!! Last night my10 week old kitten fell out our window from the 6th floor to the ground!!!

She is in the vets, she has fractured her pelvis and has to have her tail amputated :cry:

I really hope she is ok! But I dunno how I'm going to pay the bill, I have pet insurance but i have to pay and then claim it back, the bill is already around the 1k mark :nope: I don't even have that on my credit card

Emmy- wont they let u do a direct claim? I'm a vet and with big bills we usually do a claim straight to the insurance company as long as the client makes a good upfront contribution.
Hope your kitty is ok x

emmy that is so terrible i hope that you are able to work something out with the vet. and that your kitty is ok.

Thanks Johnson on ur suggestion I rang the vets and they will take a a direct payment from the insurance company, I just have to pay the excess phew!!

My poor cat, I'm so careful with my cats, I have 1 other, my friend left the window open, so now my friend is distraught cus she thinks it's all her fault! OH was getting really annoyed with me last night saying that I don't need this stress for the baby's sake, I'm really emotional today, I'm worried about my cat but also today I'm 6 weeks and this is the day I had a mc last time! I'm being such a wimp but I want both my fur baby and my little bean to be ok!!

Johnson are cats ok without their tails?

emmy try not to stress (i know easier said than done) your kitty is in good hands am sure that it's going to be fine, now you need to take care of your bean.

Emmy- cats are fine without their tails. They sometimes have a little balance trouble but because your kitty is so young I'm sure it won't affect her/him. As long as she is peeing/pooping ok then the fractured pelvis probably won't be an issue either- it's really common. She'll go crackers with the cage rest coming up though!!!
Glad they'll do a direct claim- it's only fair really. Not many people have a grand to pay upfront.
Try not to stress too much, the worst is over xxx

Well Ladies, I am pleased (and not so pleased) to announce that Morning Sickness has struck. Its rearing its ugly head with a vengenance. At least it is a sign that the pregnancy is somewhat progressing. :thumbup:

Emmy- So sorry about your kitty! How awful! Poor Baby. But being so young, she should bounce right back.

JohnsonGirl- I hope the MS eases up a bit for you :(

Welcome Mama 4 n 1. :)

And hello to all you other ladies!

Yay young! Ms- it's a love hate relationship!!!
I've got my first doc appt tomorrow. Probably wont be very interesting but still excited to get the ball rolling!!

Yay for MS young!!!! Hopefully it isn't too bad for you!

Rachel, hope your MS lets up a bit for you! And Good luck at your Dr. appointment tomorrow! <3

AFM, MS galore lately (though still haven't vomited, just the nausea and dry heaving/gagging). Sea bands and Jolly ranchers have become my new best friends. lol!

1 week and 2 days from my first appointment! It can't come fast enough! Hopefully they won't do a pap on me since it has been less than a year since my last pap. I really don't want another right now (just out of being cautious about this LO and the idea of getting some spotting freaks me out even though it is normal after a pap). I just don't want to mess anything up. Am I crazy? LOL!

Emmy- cats are fine without their tails. They sometimes have a little balance trouble but because your kitty is so young I'm sure it won't affect her/him. As long as she is peeing/pooping ok then the fractured pelvis probably won't be an issue either- it's really common. She'll go crackers with the cage rest coming up though!!!
Glad they'll do a direct claim- it's only fair really. Not many people have a grand to pay upfront.
Try not to stress too much, the worst is over xxx

yeah they said she wee'd today they are just waiting for her to poo but they think all that is normal. does she have to stay in a cage then?? they haven't told me what they are planning for her recovery yet. thanks for the vet advice! xx

Cats with fractured pelvis usually have to stay in a very large cage- like a dog one or at a push a small room from 4-6 weeks, depends on the type of fracture and where in the pelvis the fractures are.
I'm sure they'll give u a recovery plan when she comes home. Great she peed- that's the biggest complication.
No probs on the advice- I'm your official bump buddy vet friend!!

Rachel, hope your MS lets up a bit for you! And Good luck at your Dr. appointment tomorrow! <3

AFM, MS galore lately (though still haven't vomited, just the nausea and dry heaving/gagging). Sea bands and Jolly ranchers have become my new best friends. lol!

1 week and 2 days from my first appointment! It can't come fast enough! Hopefully they won't do a pap on me since it has been less than a year since my last pap. I really don't want another right now (just out of being cautious about this LO and the idea of getting some spotting freaks me out even though it is normal after a pap). I just don't want to mess anything up. Am I crazy? LOL!

I'm really worried about a pap at my 10 week appointment too. I am due as well. I feel the exact same way about spotting, even if it's completely expected it'll still stress me out.
Jolly ranchers! I need to try that. Lots of ms for me too.

emmy so sorry to hear about your kitten :( Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Young yay and boo to morning sickness!

Rachel good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!

Hi to everyone else!

I'm really worried about a pap at my 10 week appointment too. I am due as well. I feel the exact same way about spotting, even if it's completely expected it'll still stress me out.
Jolly ranchers! I need to try that. Lots of ms for me too.

Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one and I'm not a freak for being so cautious! ;) I may refuse it if he does try to do one. I hope I can. I just want all to go well with my :baby: :)

I actually was due for one too and they went head and did it I had read about spotting or bleeding after a pap and even a vaginal u/s but lucky for me I didn't bleed or spot although I had a few mild cramps and was sore so didn't do the deed with my hubs for a few night all good now tho hope you guys can opt out of it but I was told they needed to do it check for certain things :shrug:

I got a few questions 1. While doing the deed do you guys feel a little uncomfy not painful just very very sensitive? 2. For the ladies who are having their first or the ones that remember with their first did you guys have fears? I start thinking of the what it's going to be like with a baby and I am really happy to be preggers but I think about whether am going to be a good mom, are any of you guys having weird dreams? I know they say its normal but sheesh :) thanks guys I guess it's beginning to sink in that I might be a mommy by this time next year

Oh one last thing are any of you already wearing bigger clothes I had just gotten to my smallest size ever but had to give them up as they are tight and some I can't even button anymore :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->