2014 January Rainbows

Congrats butterfly !!!

Rachel hope you feel better soon :hugs: but glad your getting taken care of.

Markswife sorry you got sick this morning I woke up with ms but have not thrown up (knock on wood)

Emmy I feel the same way, some days I feel positive like today even bought a few baby things but then part of me says I should take them back :( it's a constant battle but we'll get through it, I have a huge fear of a mmc

My symptoms have been pretty constant which I am grateful for but yes I know what you mean I do worry because of have a MMC I worry if something will happen and I not know. I was thinking about getting a Doppler as well and wanted to wait until after ultra sound to do so, so I will probably order one soon just for peace of mind.

Todays the first day with no cramps :) but my ms is worse and bbs are really sore so Im happy about that

Chatham yay for no cramps :) other symptoms are reassuring mine has been the stuffy nose from the get go other symptoms come and go

Butterfly I was able to get my hubby to agree to me getting one but after next weeks check up, I see the nurse tom but its just for a talk nothing big he said he would love to hear our baby too :)

I got a Doppler and all i could hear was a whooshing sound the same as my heart beat near the left hand side, I googled and it's either my artery or the placenta, I didn't hear a heartbeat, I know it's early still so I havnt got upset but it did little to reassure me, I will try once a week, it does say on the box to be used after week 14-16. Oh well we shall see what happens on TUesday xx

I'm sure all is fine :) It does take awhile to find it at first. Once you have found it it is pretty easy to find after that (I pretty much know where baby is at so I know where to start looking and it doesn't usually take long to find him/her), but it is early for you still. IDK if you have looked but there are some very helpful videos on youtube demonstrating how to use it to find baby, they helped me a lot. You do have to start looking quite low (just above the pubic hair line). Also pushing in and angling it always helps me (generally I have to angle it downward toward my pubic bone and that's usually how I find it).

Thanks, I will keep trying but I'm going to try and wait until after the scan on Tuesday. Do use gel?

rachael, so sorry aboyt ur hyperemesis, its v exhausting! i have had it bad too, though not to the extent of being hospitalized. now my MS is better, but im freaking out abt that, y is it better? i guess its a no win situation, everything triggers a worry!
when ru guys going in for nuchal translucency scanning? its supposd to be done between 11 to 13 weeks i know. hope everything is ok.
on another front having my mom inlaw over for 2 months is good company but honestly quite taxing! hope all stays ok.

Emmy- did you get the "angelsounds" doppler?? It sounds like the one I bought. You have to use gel, water, or what I do is use the gel aloe vera stuff...it's much much cheaper. I am fairly certain I heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks. It was very deep (if that makes sense). I had to suck in and push the doppler a little hard and I only heard it for a minute before the little one moved. I was becoming very disappointed that I couldn't hear anything. I haven't been able to hear it since. I'm going to try, like you, once a week. Because it's so inexpensive, it's not the best doppler out there. lol

rachael, so sorry aboyt ur hyperemesis, its v exhausting! i have had it bad too, though not to the extent of being hospitalized. now my MS is better, but im freaking out abt that, y is it better? i guess its a no win situation, everything triggers a worry!
when ru guys going in for nuchal translucency scanning? its supposd to be done between 11 to 13 weeks i know. hope everything is ok.
on another front having my mom inlaw over for 2 months is good company but honestly quite taxing! hope all stays ok.

My ms has improved a ton in the last week too, I was also worried but glad to hear yours is getting better too since we're due at the same time!!!

I am in for NT screening at 12+2. We debated not doing it this time, we had what was considered a positive result with my son but everything turned just fine. It was VERY stressful though. But we figured we might as well go for it just in case.

Good luck with MIL!!

Rachel I hope you're feeling better! So sorry you ended up in the hospital :(

I'm off to my husbands parents farm for a week, no internet or cell service out there!! :cry: :wacko:

Hope everyone has a great week and good luck to anyone who has an ultrasound while i'm away!!!

Emmy- did you get the "angelsounds" doppler?? It sounds like the one I bought. You have to use gel, water, or what I do is use the gel aloe vera stuff...it's much much cheaper. I am fairly certain I heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks. It was very deep (if that makes sense). I had to suck in and push the doppler a little hard and I only heard it for a minute before the little one moved. I was becoming very disappointed that I couldn't hear anything. I haven't been able to hear it since. I'm going to try, like you, once a week. Because it's so inexpensive, it's not the best doppler out there. lol

Yeah I have the angel sounds Doppler, it was only 20 quid so I thought if it doesn't work I won't mind. I am thinking I won't be able to hear cus I have too much fat on my tummy lol

I got a Doppler and all i could hear was a whooshing sound the same as my heart beat near the left hand side, I googled and it's either my artery or the placenta, I didn't hear a heartbeat, I know it's early still so I havnt got upset but it did little to reassure me, I will try once a week, it does say on the box to be used after week 14-16. Oh well we shall see what happens on TUesday xx

I'm sure all is fine :) It does take awhile to find it at first. Once you have found it it is pretty easy to find after that (I pretty much know where baby is at so I know where to start looking and it doesn't usually take long to find him/her), but it is early for you still. IDK if you have looked but there are some very helpful videos on youtube demonstrating how to use it to find baby, they helped me a lot. You do have to start looking quite low (just above the pubic hair line). Also pushing in and angling it always helps me (generally I have to angle it downward toward my pubic bone and that's usually how I find it).

Thanks, I will keep trying but I'm going to try and wait until after the scan on Tuesday. Do use gel?

Yes, I just use regular aloe gel :) Doesn't matter if it is green or clear, but as long as it is the gel.

I think the Angel Sounds isn't quite as sensitive, which is probably why you ladies are having problems finding it yet. Hopefully you'll find it soon! I LOVE my Sonoline B <3 Also I have some fat around my tummy too, but still found it early :)

Actually, my doppler came in handy last night. I pulled my undies down to go to the bathroom last night and there was blood on my panty liner (I wear panty liner when I put my progesterone in). Of course it freaked me out, but I right away figured it was probably from the progesterone since I kind of had to shove it up in there a couple of times because it kept wanting to come back out, and that probably irritated my cervix (and I know progesterone suppositories can irritate the cervix). But just to calm my nerves I listened to baby with the doppler. SO reassuring <3 And any spotting is gone today, so definitely irritated cervix. Can't wait to be done with these suppositories, only 2 weeks left! :)

Last night I had another bout with MS too. Blah. Ended up getting sick about 20 minutes after I brushed my teeth. SO I had to brush them again. Nice. :blush:

Yeah I don't think it's as sensitive either, it looks like a cheap bit of plastic to be honest lol and also midwives sometimes struggle to find the heartbeat before 16 weeks with a Doppler so I'm not too worried. Only 5 more days until scan time <3

Congrats on the prune marks wife, I can't wait to be a prune, feels so grown up!

Yeah I don't think it's as sensitive either, it looks like a cheap bit of plastic to be honest lol and also midwives sometimes struggle to find the heartbeat before 16 weeks with a Doppler so I'm not too worried. Only 5 more days until scan time <3

Congrats on the prune marks wife, I can't wait to be a prune, feels so grown up!

LOL! Yes that's true about midwives! I wouldn't worry and I'm sure you'll have a fab scan <3 Only 6 more days until my scan! <3 SO can't wait!

And I am SO excited about prune! LOL! Double digits! Can't believe it! <3 Not long for you! :happydance:

Markswife happy prune !!!!!

Feeling sick today ms has been hitting me hard all morning :( I guess gotta take it reassurance ?

Hi ladies,been a while I posted on this thread ....been seriously down with ms and low progesterone cos am carrying 3 babies was so hapi when the scan picked all the 3 babies hrtbeat..........miss u ladies

Oyinkan wow three congrats !!

Hey lovelies :wave: so this am woke up feeling a tad better but bbs are a little sore I also discovered that anything around my midsection is not happening :( I'm so bloated today it's not funny I swear I look 5 months preggo

Got errands to run check back in later :)

Hi ladies I'm out of hospital, woo hoo! Feeling better, still nauseous but not actually throwing up now- a big improvement! Been really worried about the little bean- must have been stressful for her.
Oyinkan- wow triplets how cool!! Hope you're doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->