2014 May Rainbows

I have my first appt with the midwife on Sept 24th. Does anybody have experience with both (mw vs ob?). I've had an OB for my other pregnancies and was not happy with the experience I had with my mc.
I'm terrified to have a scan done, I was mistakenly reassured last time, another part of the experience I wasn't happy with. I can't wait to see all yours though!!!

I switche to a mw halfway through my pregnancy. My ob didn't keep up on the tests I should have, never measured me, wouldn't see me after no movement for over 24hrs or bleeding and when I had to make an er visit I discovered they had my blood type wrong. I felt like they didn't care and mine an DS health was in danger there. I have zero complaints about the mw. They're perfect and stay on top of things and really listen to you. I had so many extra tests and scans just to be sure of things even tho they were right in the first place.

Good morning!

Welcome to all the new ladies.

Exciting news on the first scans ;). In Turkey we don't have the option to work with a midwife. I'm not sure whether there are mw's any more really.

My first appt (and hopefully scan) is on Friday! I am excited but also terrified! Since my hcg is over the roof, I'm so afraid of it being another molar :(. I wish I could just sleep now and wake up 48 hours later...

How cute are these? We are revealing the gender at Christmas. I could make one of these for our parents to open. We were going to wrap up a big box with blue or pink balloons but I like this too! :flower:

I LOVE these!!! So darling!!!

I used an OB for my DS, and didn't really have any complaints but have heard great things about mw's too! GL with your new direction.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!

Very cool, Kam - when do you have your first scan?!

I'm hopeful to keep the PMA going and focus on the positives - like those sweet two lines we are all so blessed to have gotten!!! :cloud9:

My first appointment/scan is not scheduled yet.. Trying to do some figuring between my college and my doc... Lots of juggling ahead:wacko:

How cute are these? We are revealing the gender at Christmas. I could make one of these for our parents to open. We were going to wrap up a big box with blue or pink balloons but I like this too! :flower:

Oh my Gosh!!! How adorable!!!!!

Love this idea! :thumbup:

I too have already done the count down to when we find out baby gender, seen it was right before Christmas!! Perfect Christmas present, IF I can keep my big mouth shut!!! hahahaha :winkwink:

I really want to go team yellow...DH, not so much. I offered to let him find out and keep a secret from me but he's not biting. We haven't decided for sure yet. I reallllllllly want to do it though :)

I really want to go team yellow...DH, not so much. I offered to let him find out and keep a secret from me but he's not biting. We haven't decided for sure yet. I reallllllllly want to do it though :)

I'll be going Team :yellow: if and when we have a sticky button. Of course I'll be going with a MW and a birth center this time. Hospitals and I do not get along.

Would love team yellow - BUT it wont happen... 6 years of ttc my first i no longer have any patience left :wacko:

Ladies I know this post is kind of late but I was reading back and had to share....

My EDD for my rainbow was 08/17/13 too! And we weren't TTC either! First month we had taken 'off' since my chemical but we DTD twice while we were on vacation and just so happened to catch the egg. How amazing is it that so many of us share that in common?!

I think it's actually a beautiful thing :)

I think I would like to do a gender reveal shower. So I would like to be team yellow until then.... I would like to have the tech write it down and wait until the shower but we will see if I can make it that long. ..hahaha

I think I would like to do a gender reveal shower. So I would like to be team yellow until then.... I would like to have the tech write it down and wait until the shower but we will see if I can make it that long. ..hahaha

That's what I'm doing as well.

I would love a gender reveal shower but with all the holiday stuff it seems like a lot to ask of others.

That was our orig plan.

wow you ladies have way more will power than I... no way I could wait or do a gender reveal.. .lol I will shout it out as soon as I know!!!

lol I have ZERO patience. I would like to know right now if I could!!! Really really hoping for a girl but will definitely take happy and healthy.

hey ladies our edd for our rainbow was 9/23/2013. this was the first month we paid absolutely no attention to trying and we got a shocking bfp! I wanted to be team yellow the whole way through but we are going to do gender reveals as Christmas gifts for the whole family!

How's everyone feeling??? Any symptoms???

Who has our first scan??!! We need to be more active on this thread :)

First scan hopefully next weekend if mil will do it.

Having stiff neck like with DS but nowhere near as bad. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as last time. Otherwise not too bad.

These first few weeks are so boring! Ugh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->