• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 May Rainbows

So I gave up on the drug free approach because of he crazy intense back labor. I wasn't able to get up and move around anyway was feeling sick and dizzy sitting in bed on top of the pain. I gave into some IV drugs and I am so so so happy! Doesn't get rid of the contractions but cuts out the back pan which was my real problem. Epi at 7cm. I was 3cm 80% at check in at 930. It's now 130 and no check yet.

Sounds great Darlin!!! Hang in there :). So excited for you!!!

AFM we got some photos done today. Sears. For $100 we get maternity and newborn photos. Includes 10 portrait sheets (so 8x10 or 2 5x7, etc) and two 10x13 prints. Great deal. We can split the photo selections any way. So we chose 3 maternity photos and we have 9 for newborn. Not bad for $100 :)

We also bought a monitor today. DH is being fussy about bath options and a carrier. I want the Puj seat that goes in the sink to bath. He wants a tub. I want the moby wrap he doesn't know what he wants but not that :/. So back to the drawing board. Anyone have reccomendations on tub options or carriers??

Avery James Householder was born April 19th, 2014 at 8:20pm. He weighs 5lbs 14oz and is 19inches. He arrived via c-section but will be in NICU overnight. Momma had an infection so we are being monitored closely but are doing fine. He is such a happy boy that smiles a lot. Big brother Logan ADORES him already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
OMG!!! Congratulations !!! He is perfect :)

Hope the infection clears quickly :)

Congrats! He is beautiful! Hope the infection clears up fast and you guys will be home soon.

We will be here at least 3-4 days so going home prob Tuesday. Going down in a few min to bf him. Hopefully he can come to our room in the morning if all is well. I had the shakes too bad to bf before they took him. Feeling pretty darn good! I'm surprised. Already moving around.

Congrats darlin fantastic news, what's the infection Hun?? Hope your ok. Your little boy is gorgeous!! I'm so excited to meet my Nancy now you having avery has made it all seem a little more real!! Xx

They don't know what It was. Sent my placenta off for tests. I was gbs negative and all my other tests were perfect. When they did the cs they said my uterus and placenta were covered in puss. They have him in nicu because he had some in his mouth when they were cleaning him up.

So tired but some idiot keeps setting of the fire alarm. Have to be up to pump again in a few hrs. They say it happens from ppl trying yo smoke inside. Super excited for my hospital breakfast lol I know it will be poor quality but it will be a real meal! :dance:

Strange about the infection but glad they're being cautious :)

Boo for fire alarm like you need anymore obstacles to getting some sleep!!

Yay for breakfast (Even if it's not the greatest) :)

DH and I have a deal that after baby is born and things settle down he will bring me whatever I want to eat. I've been so restricted this pregnancy!!

Congratulations, Darlin!! What a cutie!! I hope the infection clears soon and that Avery can join you in the room soon. It's so hard being separated from our little ones. :hugs: I remember getting the shakes pretty bad after my section too.

Feeling really rough and not sleeping well. I'm in a lot more pain this time than I remember last time. Probably because I labored for quite some time before the surgery. Today has just been very rough. Tired but when I go to sleep I wake up more uncomfortable with worse blood pressures and things.other than that I'm doing ok. My heart rate has been a bit higher lately and blood pressure a bit low but nothing too serious. Thought I'd leave you with an Easter pic. He came back from nicu ( he's done there) wearing this :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
Awwww he's lovely!! So glad he's back with you now. Hope u get to feeling better soon and get some rest xx

Yeah, sleep is not happening. This bed is awful and Avery wants to constantly be on my breast. Sucks cuz my milk hasn't rly come in either :( it did quick with Logan.

He looks so much like his daddy here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
Darlin he is absolutely adorable! Love the bunny hat :)

I wonder if your added pain is due to the infection? I would think an infection like that could cause all sorts of discomforts :/. Hoping you heal quickly.

My major discomfort is a pulled neck muscle. I was shaking so bad on the or table

Yay for going home!

AFM- first day of mat leave a success! Master bathroom thoroughly cleaned and reorganized! With baby change caddy on the counter for night time :) lol.
And maternity application completed and submitted :). Tomorrow, master headroom (sorting stained/ old clothes out, stuff I don't wear, etc) and cleaning second floor (family room, laundry room, nursery & spare room... Just vacuum & dust)

Then a massage tomorrow afternoon! Yay :)

Wednesday is kitchen clean & organize... That'll be a chore. Lol. Gotta make room for all the baby stuff! Lol

Thursday two appointments and stopping at work for my ROE.

Hopefully Friday will be a relaxing day :)

Hope everyone is week?

Darlin - ha ha what a cute bunny hat! What a sweet little guy you have there. I'm glad it looks like you get to go home soon.

Sunny - you sound way too productive for me! LOL I really don't know how some girls do it. I struggle so much just to keep up with the basics and even then DH has been helping out a lot. Even getting dressed hurts. I really hope you enjoy that massage and get to put your feet up on Friday. Sounds like you deserve it!

afm - had persistent cramps all weekend and some snotty discharge. Yesterday I was convinced my belly had dropped and maybe it had a little but I think DD has wiggled her way back up as I don't feel quite as heavy today. After being kept up all night by cramps I've had hardly any today. The cramps didn't really feel like the real thing but they definitely scared the procrastination out of me. Baby things have been washed and the hospital bag is nearly all sorted. Though I forgot to pick up pads today. And our Walmart didn't have any newborn bottle nipples. I still want to wash the covers for the baby gear as well (bouncer seat, play mat, high chair, etc). And I want DS' suitcase packed so we can troop him off to the sitter at a moment's notice. I'm also going to get DH to install the infant car seat this week. Things to do, things to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->