• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 May Rainbows

Not much longer Starry! Those were my first symptoms of labor and started at 36wks. 2wks later and he's here!!! :haha:

2 weeks seems a little soon though the selfish part of me would hope that was true. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas at this point. :xmas10: But I think 3 weeks would be better.

I do recall that my first bout of false labour with DS was about 2 weeks before he was born. Actually, it was exactly 2 weeks as that was July 1st and he was born July 14th! We'll see. I've already had a rough 24 hours of BH at 31 weeks, nothing since until this past weekend. No more funny discharge and the cramps are far more intermittent (though still there). And it really does feel like she's managed to crawl her way back up my belly. Little minx.

I've been feeling LO very low to the point that it's sometimes painful. Then he'll move. I have to odd bout of low cramps but it always passes with rest. I'm hoping to have the house done by Friday as I'll be 37 weeks on Monday :). Still hard to believe in here :)

Car seats installed, mine and baby's bags packed, washing done :). Still missing a few items but nothing urgent

Still need:

Carrier (looking for a moby wrap)
Crib mattress
Bath tub (we're going with a simple basin type with a newborn sling $20)
Cloth diapers
And a few minor odds and ends

So close!

Gotta love being told your son was going to the nursery to have an important screening test done that YOU requested for specific reasons to then find out later they never did it when they took him!

Been begging since the delivery room to have pulse ox screening done on Avery because of Logan's issues. The nurse earlier said she was doing it We along with some other required testing. Well just found out from my current nurse the other one NEVER did it like she said she would! :growlmad: Not to mention DH is really pissing me off thinking he's just as miserable as I am and that we should be splitting everything equally as far as taking care of LO and things.

Darlin that's frustrating about the nurses.

How can DH POSSIBLY think he feels as lousy as you????? You just had major surgery AFTER 9 months of body altering stuff and labour????? If my DH said something like that to me my jaw would drop then is tell him to get out :/ terrible.

I just can't say things like "i'm tired" or "I slept like crap" cuz I'll get the "yeah me too." I hate that. I feel like that makes your feelings invalid or like they're being brushed off and ignored.

Absolutely. Try saying things like 'my c section scar kept hurting and I didn't sleep' or my engorged breasts make it difficult to sleep'. He surely can't compete with that!!

The internet ate my post! ](*,)

I was saying that's it's so irritating that men seem to have a hard time accepting that they simply can't understand what a woman goes through in pregnancy and child birth. No one is denying that they make their own sacrifices and have their own stresses but they simply can't understand the physical demands put on our bodies. It's like that since they can't imagine it for themselves, they assume women exaggerate. Or, if men feel they can cope with nausea when sick or aching joints after an injury, that they know what it's like to deal with these things for 24/7, months on end. They can't appreciate the accumulative effect these things have on a person after so long. And childbirth....well....the worst they have to deal with is a squished hand or feeling queasy at the sight of blood. Boo hoo. LOL My DH is pretty good at trying to understand but I do remember about him grousing in the hospital about how he wasn't getting enough rest. To be fair, I had a shared room so he had to sleep on the floor but it's not like I was sleeping any better in the bed. DS slept well his first night but my roommate's baby did not. And I had the shakes and was feeling sick from the drugs.

I do recall that several years ago a friend was arguing with her DH and DH's best friend on this topic. The guys were maintaining that, for a man, getting kicked in the crotch is just as painful as giving birth is for a woman. I had enjoyed listening to the exchange especially when my friend protested that getting kicked in the crotch is painful for a woman as well. The whole thing was ridiculous. :haha: Though, same as she did, I have to concede I can't imagine what it's like for a man to get kicked in the crotch. lol

I hope Avery gets his test and that it shows he is healthy and you can lay your fears to rest.

My DH tries to understand, but I recognize how hard it is to imagine.... But you're right, it's not just being nauseous, it's being nauseous for months on end.... Or a back ache for months... And continuing with life all the while! And the hormones! Ugh... I've had baby brain the past few months and DH gets mad when he doesn't understand what I'm saying... I'm like, imagine how frustrating when you can't make things make sense or say what you mean! Or when I cry and I don't know why... He's annoyed and it's like, again, imagine it happens to you! And you don't know why!

I guess it's nature. :/

I have noticed my DH appreciating my plans for starting mat leave before baby. At first he thought I'd work until a week before due date, but now that he sees all the work I've done (while working full time) and what's left to get ready he appreciates the time I need :). So that's nice.

Congrats Darlin!! Avery is darn cute. I'm sorry you went through such a rough time of labor and delivery. My milk took ages to come in this time, and doctors had us supplement with formula the day before it finally did because little one dropped more than 10% of weight. But we finally got on a slow upwards trajectory after 5/6 days and my milk supply is better now. Nipples are still a little sore, but not like first few days (and they only bled a tiny bit for a couple of days).

Today Julian is two weeks old! Fingers crossed he has regained his birth weight--we'll find out at his checkup this afternoon. We had to go back to the hospital last week overnight for phototherapy for jaundice and I am just so grateful and glad that's over and past us.

Monymony glad he's doing well and fingers crossed he's gained the weight back now :)

Monymony congrats on your lo and hope he gains the weight soon!

Dhs just don't understand at all! It is so frustrating!!!

I had my ultrasound today and baby is now in the 75th percentile. She did have a jump. She had been measuring in the 45-50th percentile. I hope this means she will be here soon!

Mony - glad your lo is feeling better now and that your supply has come in. He should be gaining weight in no time!

schultzie - aw, your LO might end up being a chunker. hee hee I hope she doesn't keep you waiting too long. May is almost here!

afm - appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping after this that I can go to once a week appointments. Should make time seem to go faster. And baby has dropped again. My belly is definitely droopy when this morning it had gone perky again. I wonder how much longer she is going to keep the elevator act going? Right now it feels like she is going to fall out whenever I go up the stairs or when I sit I can almost feel her head! :dohh: Earlier today my cervix was so sore and felt so "open" I was picturing her sticking her hand out to wave 'hello'. :haha: "Only" 5 more weeks until due date. Yeesh

First night at home. It's going to be rough and long :wacko:

Monymony yay for growth spurt!

Starry mine is the same!! Practically feel his head on my cervix and then bam, he's back up in my ribs!! Lol. I also start weekly appointments this week :)

Darlin good luck!!

Darlin - hope you're holding on OK. Thinking of you over the next couple of days as you adjust to your new family. :hugs:

First night home is a bit scary, but I hope it went all right, Darlin!

At night, the hardest part for me is not feeling jealous of the sleep hubby is getting while I'm up every two hours...but but it's not like there's any choice for either of us. It just means he does the lion's share of watching kids and keeping house in order during the day because I'm getting less rest. I try to get at least one nap a day, but it's hard when you have have other kids and want to eat and shower too.

Dr appt went well! We regained birth weight, whew, plus three ounces. So doctor was happy and we don't go back until one month checkup. After having a dr or nurse appt every other day since birth, this sounds great.

Starry, I know that low-down feeling. It might mean you'll go early. I had it with both of my kids who came early.

Anyone ever have low fluid? I am 35 weeks and had a biophysical profile today and it was very, very low. I have to go back for another Friday, and really hoping I wont need to be induced!! I am drinking lots of water daily, so I dont know what else to do?

I haven't had low fluids but know a few who did and they had to be induced early. I hope your scan on Friday goes well and you won't have to have baby too soon.

Mony - glad to hear the weight is back up on baby!

afm - had appointment today and according to OB the baby hasn't dropped. Coulda fooled me! And I'm still not on weekly appointments yet. Boo. But I guess I know the next time I see my OB I will be full term. I'll also be getting my Strep B test then. I didn't have it last time so hoping for the best.

MrsAMK- I've heard of low fluid but I don't think you can do anything about. Rest in knowing baby will be fine if induced :)

Darlin- how was the first night??

Starry- I haven't had my strep test either. 36+3 tomorrow for our appointment :S

AFM- really hoping to hear baby was a good weight/size at our scan last Monday....first week of mat leave is flying by!!!! Good news, the house is almost done :). Lots of appointments and running around tomorrow then finish up the house Friday :). And it's my birthday weekend!! Keeping it low key, just some family for BBQ :)

New faucet in our master bath and final touches (other than art) in the nursery sunday :)

So excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->