2014 May Rainbows

Oh I forgot that we also got a pack of huggies nb diapers in our nestle kit!!! I was shocked at that.

A tip I got online was to never pay full price for diapers or clothes. Always sales. It's best to figure out the cost of the diapers you prefer and then always try to beat it :).

We are using cloth but disposables for the first few weeks. Cloth one size starts at 8 lbs, but people say they fit best if you wait for 10 lbs. less leaking. So I'll play it by ear. After baby is born we will buy the cloth kit and I will prep them (wash & dry 3 times). Then try once in a while until I find they fit well. So we are stocking up on nb & size 1 pampers :). I've heard that about huggies from a few people. And honestly in daycare we see 75% pampers. With some cheapie store brands and a few huggies.

So today is my last birthday before baby!! Looking forward to my ob appointment and possibly a hair cut- if they can fit me in :). Then DH and I will likely go out for dinner! Yum :)

What??? Nestle cheaps out on me again!!!:grr: LOL I signed up with them when I had DS and didn't get A THING. But once he was six months old I got some baby cereal samples and started to receive frequent coupons for baby food.

And yeah, I've rarely paid full price for diapers. The few times I was in a pinch and needed diapers when there wasn't a sale and I didn't have coupons really put me out.

I love bargain hunting. I think my best find is still my prom dress. I found the exact one I wanted from the internet and it was on sale. And then when my mom and I got to the cashier we found it had been reduced even further and in the end I only paid $40 when it was originally $200. ha ha My best friend was with me and she still brings it up 10+ years later. My sister has even better luck with finds but she is more of the ideal figure so is more likely to find her size on the clearance racks. And she can pull off more of the trendy looks than I can.

I don't buy hardly anything unless it's on sale. It just depresses me to know I paid full price :haha: we don't have nestle here. Just for candy and things but not baby stuff.

Getting pretty sad that my pregnancy days have come to an end.. Maybe permanently but at least for a few yrs. here's is my post belly. About 5lbs from my pre preg weight. Sry if I post about something twice. Can't remember who I've told things to and who I haven't :dohh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 3
Looking good!!!

I will definitely struggle after our last child is born. DH wants 2, me 3. We shall see :). But this is our first so I'm ok for now :)

OB yesterday said they still might induce! I have a scan next Thursday and when I see him the Tuesday after 39 weeks he will decide how long to leave me. Lol

I feel like my OB is going to let me stay pregnant until doomsday. :/

Baby's movements have really been slowing down and it's making me nervous. I know she's running out of room but shouldn't I still be feeling wiggles? I still feel her but it's not the same. Since I'm still feeling her a little bit I don't like the idea of going to the ER. I have had too many bad experiences of staff treating me like I'm stupid or trying to sneak in a scan.

Starry my LO has slowed down.... The ob said as long as the frequency is there it's ok. He's out of room and mostly just bumping elbows/ knees. The odd bout of hiccups. Lol. Whenever I'm nervous or realize I haven't felt him in a while I poke at him and relax and he usually wiggles :)

I felt a few good kicks since I made the post and a series of hiccups. She's just been kind of stubborn. She usually keeps me up at night with kicks and last night she would only kick once or twice when I switched sides. She usually will have a couple quiet days after 4 or 5 busy ones. But it still scares me every single time.

I hear ya. If my lo is quiet for a couple of hours I worry! Lol. That's when I poke him :)

Feeling nauseous today :( boo. And I have lunch plans with a friend of course.

Isn't that how it goes? I already have this neurosis around restaurants. I have a hard time eating in them. Been that way since a small child. My anxiety attacks usually present themselves as nausea. So when I feel nauseous already and am in a restaurant I kind of freak out. In those times I tend to order something like soup or a salad. Something the waiter won't really notice or comment on if I don't finish the entire thing. Decaf tea also helps settle my stomach.

It was a sushi place. Lol. I started feeling better closer to lunch or I would have canceled.

My saggy section belly is tucked into my yoga pants :haha:

I had horrible anxiety for a while before I got it under control. I was misdiagnosed with depression at first. I couldn't leave the house without DH for months and wouldn't go out in busy times. I couldn't even handle large family functions.

Avery slowed down towards the end too. However I can't say it was normal because I'm not sure how long I had the infection.

My DH had anxiety issues, then we discovered that he had a nodule on his thyroid and his levels were off. They started him on meds to balance the levels and he's great now....

One more week until my next (and hopefully last) scan! Last week flew by, but this week has slowed to a crawl! Lol. Mind you it's almost Thursday! I was so busy last week, and now that all the cleaning/ organizing is done, I'm kinda bored! I feel bad saying it, but it's true. I will enjoy the luxury of being bored and work on my sewing projects with some music :). I plan on cooking all next week to stock the freezer, so that should keep me busy ;)

I think I'm just tired and ready to meet baby. So not really bored, more impatient. Lol

I've had anxiety issues since a child. I had my first panic attack at age 9. My mom was the same way so I think it's hereditary. Really hope neither of my children get it....

I'm really struggling to find the energy to do anything. I can barely force myself to do a single load of dishes or fold laundry. I still have several things I need to do for baby and I need DH's help. Though today I think I figured out where all my extreme fatigue and breathlessness is coming from: allergies. As a child I had strong allergic reactions in the spring and fall due to pollen and seeds and grass clippings and the like. I got nosebleeds and the whole nine yards. Then I seemed to outgrow them as a preteen. I only get reactions when the allergens are really, really bad. And I keep hearing how bad they are supposed to be this year due to our extreme cold winter.

Well, today I was feeling HORRIBLE after my nap this afternoon. I was groggy and nauseas and my eyelids felt all puffy. My nose was drippy and my throat felt closed and chest tight. It's a scary feeling. Then I remembered I had been getting some allergic reactions and that my bedroom window is WIDE open. After sitting in the living room awhile I started to feel better. Then I was stupid and opened our kitchen window because I thought it needed some freshening up. Well, within minutes my chest was all tight again and my eyes felt swollen and gritty. I shut the window and I felt much better a few minutes later. I guess I'm going to have to keep the bedroom shut for the next little while and see if that helps. Which is too bad because I love the scent of fresh, country air. It soothes me to sleep. But it's also making me sick. :(

It's also probably why I feel so good in the basement and tend to have energy when I'm downstairs but feel all gross within minutes of returning to the main floor.

Starry I hear a lot of women find their allergies much worse too while pregnant. Likely a combination :) hope you feel better soon!

I'm also starting to feel the fatigue. I usually sleep 7-8 hours a night and have tons of energy. Up until this past week or so I was doing pretty good with 8 hours. But this week, ugh... 8-9 hours and then I need a nap!! Lol. So not like me :) and my motivation to do stuff is dwindling. I've decided that tomorrow I will get the sewing back out. Next week I plan on cooking one freezer meal per day... Try to pace myself. :)

I just realized that it's MAY 1st!!!! It's our birth month!!! I'm due in 19 days (if dr doesn't induce earlier)

WOW!!!!!

Sunny - I was thinking about pregnancy making it worse too. Really hope it passes. Being allergic to plants when living out in the country is really not ideal. ha ha

And :happydance: for it being May!!! 29 days for me. Really don't think I'll go early either. I'm a little jealous of all the girls here getting induced early but DH keeps reminding me I don't want to have a reason to be induced early. Which is true (I hate it when he's right). :haha:

And another good reason for being relatively on time is my due date falls right in between 3 of my sad angel anniversaries. May 22 is the 1 year anniversary of my d&c, May 31st is the anniversary of my first m/c and May 24 should be the first birthday of one of my other angels. To have this baby born that week would really be special and make me like May again. I don't want to forget my angel anniversaries but I don't like being overwhelmed by them either. Planning a birthday party for each year at that time will be such a beautiful distraction.

And I'm officially 9 months pregnant today! :)

2 days till due day for me!! Keep thinking I'm going to wake up and waters will go but nothing yet!! My first was born tomorrow, my second today and my third yesterday!! So I thought this one one b the earliest!! I'm now thinking not lol, if I'm going to go over then I hope she comes on tues the 6th as that's dh's birthday and he's desperate for her to come then, so I reckon I can just about cope with waiting till then. Going passed that I think I will start to get impatient and frustrated!! Will update as soon as anything happens xxx

Starry our first angel was due May 2... Would be one year old tomorrow. Our second angel I got my bfp on May 11 (Mother's Day last year) so I totally understand needing some positive stuff for May :). We also have NO family birthdays in May to wort about :). We have jan, February, March, April, June, July but none in MAY!!! So excited :)

Nats I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

As for going early, I see the doctor on Tuesday May 13, about one week before due date, and he will decide then if and when to induce me. Apparently I'm measuring ahead still, but every scan shows baby perfectly average at 50th percentile :) so who knows. At least he's not saying cs :). Although inducing and going early would be nice, I hear it's a much more difficult labour :/

Doctor appointment today. Having a lot of BH last night. Also, baby is being quiet today so going to ask her about that. I know baby is in the 75th percentile so she is big and just might be out of room. But I still worry.

It's May!!! Can't believe it's our month!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->