2014 May Rainbows

Good luck schultzie! Maybe baby is getting ready for delivery :) I hear they get quiet/ settle when they are ready :)

Doctor thinks my dh might have shingles!! Which means they won't let him into labour ward, which means I will b giving birth alone!! Do if I was scared before I'm absolutely freakin terrified now!! And so so upset!!! Xx

Oh no! :nope: Is there any way of confirming whether he actually has shingles or not? How long would he have to stay away? Or is there anyone else you'd like to have as support? In that situation I would beg and plead with my mom for her to come. Normally neither one of us would want her there but being alone would be so scary.

False alarm thank goodness!! I demanded a second opinion and my doctor said definitely not shingles so all back on plan xx

Omg, I'm so glad he's not got shingles! I would freak!,

Now I'm thinking I should have a back up plan! Lol

How was your appointment today?

Yeah I was freaking!! Spent all day crying full of anxiety and panic attacks feeling ill and all because his stupid doctor got it wrong!! I'm so unbelievably cross. Had we not got a second opinion then he would of missed his daughters birth!! How bad is that!?? Rah

Thank goodness all is well though xx

Doctor thinks baby is very big! I am getting a NST done now. Baby has dropped which is a good thing because they thought she might be too big to even drop. They are hoping by next week I am favorable for an induction or that I just go on my own. I really hope to go on my own!!

nats - I'm so relieved! Good thing you got that second opinion. How upsetting to be given a diagnosis without really looking into it.

schultzie - I hope you are able to go into labour on your own! But just think, your little one will be here very soon!

afm - just got what felt like a massive kick to my hips. I hope baby hasn't turned breach again!

Oh I hope she's not too big!!

Starry- I get that all the time and baby is always head down :)

Oh, I hope so! My SiL never shuts up about the Spinning Babies website as her babies were all transverse until like 37 weeks but I can't get the dang website to work. I just wish my OB would check baby's position so I could know for sure one way or the other. She says they don't worry until 37 weeks. Well, I'm pretty much there! Hope she figures it out at my next appointment on Monday. And I need this baby to drop too. Makes me feel like labour is years away with her still sitting higher up. I can't really say she is very high though as I carry low.

I have a chicken roasting in the oven right now and it smells sooooo good. I want to gobble it all up but there is still another hour to go before it's done. I napped too long and got a late start so we'll be eating late tonight. The good smells aren't helping. ha ha

My doctor checks position at every appointment. That's part of how he finds where to listen to the heart beat. My SIL was booked for a c-section at 35 weeks (the section for 38 weeks) because my nephew was breech. Then they checked every week and tried a bunch of stuff to turn him. He didn't turn so she had the section.... Surprised they'd wait till 37 weeks to even check?

I find the prenatal care in Manitoba to be far more "hands off" than in Ontario. I don't know if that is from a more natural birth philosophy or poor management. I recently read in a parenting magazine that it's a national standard to do urine tests at every visit to check for bladder infections and pre-ecclampsia which I am used to from Ontario. But here I get looked at like I have 3 heads when I ask about it. I had a different OB from a different office deliver DS so it's not just mine. I don't remember him checking DS' position until late in the game as well. It doesn't make sense to me. Because if baby were breech then wouldn't it be too late to do something at that point?

Left a message with my OB's office at the end of the day yesterday because the baby has really been slowing down. Like noticeably. I'm probably being paranoid but I can't shake this feeling. I didn't call the urgent line simply because at the time she was kicking the crap out of me but she really has slowed down. She stops all together when I lie down. It's scary especially as it's taking her longer and longer to wake up when I sit up or move around. I hope they call me first thing in the morning. If not, I will be calling again. I know DH thinks I"m being a hypochondriac and after 9 months he is losing his patience with all my anxiety. But this is really scary! I've been up since 4am. It's 6 now and she's just starting to become her usually wiggly self after sitting for 2 hours. I'm exhausted but am too terrified to try to sleep again.

I get the urine sample every visit.

That is scary. My OB never talked about kick counts but said to let him know of any noticeable change in baby's activity. I told him at my last visit that I just get bumps and such now not really any big movement and he said that was fine. I figure it's harder to notice the little bumps. When I'm anxious about baby I jiggle and poke him also cold water helps (drinking) and I can usually get him moving within a couple of minutes. But definitely takes longer than before. I read that at this stage babies are actually developing a sleep cycle/ patterns and go into a deeper sleep preparing for out of the womb. Perhaps this is why there are longer periods of quiet and it's harder to wake them?

I always got the urine sample and the position check at each appt. I was told that as long as you feel something whether it's a little bump or wiggle it counts as movement ;)

Yeah, doctor's office called and said as long as I'm getting 10 movements a day then it's fine. It seems like such a low standard as the website Count the Kicks says 10 movements in 2 hours. I've felt about 30 times this morning already (bumps, niggles, kicks, etc) so no doctor will see me. But I'm keeping an eye on it and am ready to rush to the ER if necessary.

I know I'm a paranoid freak at the moment but I had reached a point where I thought I'd never get another baby and with my due date looming closer I am feeling the pressure. I don't want to lose the baby now.

Oh my what a night! Went for my NST and there was very little movement and her heart tones weren't great. So they sent me for a biophysical ultrasound and she failed. So they keep me over night for observation. I keep getting contractions all night that they were picking up and they hurt! Well in the morning the doctor took a look at the heart tones from the whole night and they weren't great but OK so there was talk about c-section. They sent me for another biophysical ultrasound and she passed! So they decided against the c-section and sent me home. They want to keep an eye on her movements by me doing a kick counter every day and sending me for another NST on Monday.

I have to say it has been one heck of a night! I was miserable in the hospital!

I was miserable in the hospital too schultzie but was too worried and in too much pain to stay home any longer. My contractions were awful! I eas prob being a big baby but with the back pain from labor etc. they were awful I couldn't get in any position other than in the bed. I wonder if the infection made me feel worse.

Schultzie, what a crazy night! Praying your LO arrives safe and sound and SOON!! Glad she passed her scan :). Our LO scored 8/8 on his last biophysical a few weeks ago. We go again this coming Thursday. His score and size will determine our path. The OB will decide induction, natural labour, or cs. Getting do close now!

schultzie - that is stressful! I'm glad LO is doing better now. Good luck with your test on Monday. Sounds like baby will be coming sooner rather than later.

So still having contractions and having what I think is my bloody show. Every time I go to the bathroom I have bloody mucus. I think this could be the beginning stage of labor but since I have never been in labor I don't know. Lol.

Starting to get scared about the pain of labor. If these contractions are just the beginning I can only imagine who bad they can get.

I do have to say women that go though this are super women!!! I look up to you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->