2014 May Rainbows

Good luck Schiltzie!!! Looking forward to seeing some baby pictures real soon :)

I'm sure you'll be great!! Just believe in yourself and do what you gotta do and what's best for you and baby :)

schultzie - sounds like your baby is coming!! It is a little scary to think about the pain of labour. So try not to make that focus. Focus on the moment and the end result. Whenever I got a really tough contraction I would stare out the window and try to find inspiration for a new topic of conversation. In between contractions I talked about any stupid thing that came to my head just so I didn't sit there dreading the next contraction.

I'm sure you'll do great! So excited for you!

Sorry to keep posting but being a ftm I just don't know anything about this. So I have lost my mucus plug pretty sure all of it. There was alot! The contraction are still going and I think I am going to start timing them. I just don't want to go in too early or have them send me home. So hard to decide when to go in.

With my DS my OB at the time said that if your contractions are strong enough where you can't stand or talk through them and it goes like that for about an hour then it's time to come in. Or, if your water breaks.

If you can, grab a quick, light meal now. I'm not sure what your hospital policy is but ours does not let you eat while in labour.

Not sure if I'm too late but it's a 5-1-1 rule. 5 min apart lasting one min for an hr ;) or as starry said when you can't walk or talk through them. I hit the 511 rule 1st tho so we went in. Just try to breathe. I know every woman hates that but when I would clench up and hold my breath it made things so much worse. It took a bit to adjust but once I got my rhythm going it made it so much easier on me. Good luck schultzie!!

How was everyone's weekend?

Any new Schultzie?? :D

AFM we enjoyed our nephews second birthday this Saturday... My how time flies! It actually got me thinking about our sons first birthday, as is love to have monthly photos that suit the theme for his first birthday (I know, planning way ahead, and I have too much time on my hands right now lol)... So any who, plans are underway for newborn photos and props that will go with the theme:

"Time Flies" (a vintage aviator & airplanes birthday)

It will be red and blue (stripes like on an airmail envelope) and white....

A real vintage feel.....

So for newborn photos I'm now going to crochet an aviator hat, and find some aviator sunglasses for photos, so excited! Up until now, our plan for newborn photos was a bunch of random ideas I found all smashed together... So I'm super excited to have a 'theme' for the photos. We will of course take the usual, generic photos, simple and elegant, but we wanted a few "fun" photos too! I already have the yarn for the hat, and I can likely pull it off in an afternoon. So excited!

Anyone else have fun photos planned?

We are going to sears for some family shots, and then DH and I will set up the fun ones at home... Found some easy Pinterest links on tips, etc....

Cute sunny!! I love it

I am totally fed up now!! 2 days overdue! Never reached my due date before so this us all totally new to me and I'm over it already 😔
It's dh's birthday tomorrow so she's got till tomorrow nite at midnight to appear then I'm gonna start getting frustrated well even more so lol
Hopefully seeing midwife weds for a sweep!! Will update with any news xx

Good luck Nats!!! I'm having a hard time just waiting for EDD. Not gonna be pretty if I go over! Although not sure if doc will let me go over with all the stuff.

And baby has me up at 4:30 am. He's got the hiccups and he's big enough that when he's moving so much it wakes me up!! Ugh.

Sunny - that photo is really cute. I never did newborn photos with my son as I was new to the area and didn't know any photographers. I did my own photoshoot with my point-and-shoot camera when he was 5 months old. I'll probably do that with this baby as a newborn. No theme other than "see my cute baby". :haha:

I also hate hostessing and party planning. I haven't had a party for my son yet. :blush: For his 1st birthday my parents were here so it was a mini-party as they had brought gifts along from the aunties and uncle. But last year was just us. This year I may invite a couple families as he has friends of his own now. And we're trying to convince the in-laws to come.

nats - even when expecting to go overdue it sucks. Can't imagine how sucky it is when all the other babies were early. Hope the sweep works or that baby comes before that!

afm - OB appointment today to get my Strep B swab. Yay for internals....:flasher: Did a good shave today. lol Might be my last bikini shave too. I know they don't like it when you shave yourself for a section and even though I plan a VBAC (so far) I know it could end up as a section anyways.

I love party planning! Lol. I really get into it.

We are doing our own newborn photos (other than a quick visit to sears for family pictures). DH is home for 2 weeks so our goal is to do some photos somewhere in there. Lol

Today begins the cook off week to stock our freezer! DH and I went shopping yesterday and picked up all the ingredients :) tonight: chili!

Also been sewing. Lots of projects I'd like to finish before baby :). Almost done a custom pillow case to cover an old pillow. It's a tree to go with the forest theme :). Tomorrow: summer car seat cover.

Any news Schultzie or Nats??

Darlin, how are you getting on with two in the house?

Nothing from me!! Still waiting obviously not going to be here for my dh's birthday!! As that's today. Can't believe she's still not here! Well now today's here and she's not I am starting to get totally fed up!! Going to try some lunges and squats today if my spd will allow it!! Spose it's worth a try lol xx

Good luck with the exercise DH and I are going to start walking before dinner every day :). I'm nervous to go too far with the sciatica as sometimes I can hardly walk :/

I have my 38 week OB appointment today.... Feel like baby's really slowed down the last couple of days, or maybe I've just been busy? Ugh. So anxious for him to be out where I can see him :)

*as he starts squirming while I type this lol*

Aw, nats, that sucks. Maybe your baby is an "all at once" type and labour will start without a lot of early signs. Hope she comes soon!

I'm guessing schultzie is having her baby as we haven't been hearing anything from her. I hope she and baby and doing well.

Sunny - that is a good idea about stocking your freezer. I think I did a little bit before DS but this time I just can't think of what I would want to do. Maybe lasagna. Though the ladies in our church like to bring meals after a baby is born so a part of me is thinking I will rely on that if my mom doesn't come until after I'm home with baby. She is coming on the 7th of June to allow some room for me to go overdue.

afm - ended up not getting a full internal. Just a quick swab. I have to say I often feel like I'm being rushed out of the office. IF I do decide to go for a third child one day I may go with a midwife if I can. I like a lot of hand-holding. And driving an hour and a half for a 2 to 5 minute appointment is frustrating. We try to make a day of it but my hip pain is really starting to interfere with my enjoyment of wandering malls and exploring the city. And of course, after a day in the city without a steady access to water (without having to pay for it) I ended up getting intense BH by the evening while visiting friends. Some were lasting as long as 1 minute and were coming fairly frequently. On the drive home some were quite painful and I had to focus on breathing through them. They never felt like the real thing though I was hoping they would turn into the real thing. Didn't really expect it though due to the aforementioned reasons of being on my feet and dehydrated. Baby was also moving SO MUCH that I think she triggered some of them too.

I still feel a little tender in my pelvic region this morning but no real cramps to speak of. Hips are still in terrible condition.

And DH locked the cat in the spare room ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. Heard some distant meowing so went downstairs and sure enough, there she was. I'm totally putting him on the "search for pee and feces" duty. I'm going to have to oversee it though because he'll just do a 30 second scan and say "nope, nothing". It's a hands-and-knees job. No way was she in that room for 16 hours without having an accident. I hope she peed in the clothes he left in there. Not just out of spite, but it's easier to clean than carpet or blankets.

Sorry, just tired and grumpy. Woke up too early today from bad pregnancy nightmares after a late night.

Starry, I've been having the same issue when I'm out and about. I can only tolerate being active for so long and then the cramps and BH start. DH thinks it's good, get things moving but honestly why suffer if baby's going to be a while either way? Not convinced it's making that much of a difference yet.

I only had the swab for strep. No internal. I hear that a lot of doctors avoid internals until active labour as they don't want to introduce bacteria? I'll see today what happens as around 38/39 weeks lots of women start talking about dilating and such from their visits. Fingers crossed!!

I haven't even dropped off my paperwork for the hospital :/. Got it all filled out yesterday so if OB thinks I'm possible before Thursday I'll make a stop. Otherwise I'm already there Thursday. (Scan)

I'm guessing you're right Starry about Schultzie ;). Hopefully no news turns into good news :)

Yeah, not sure exercise really does much unless baby was already thinking about coming. If baby is comfortable Im sure the jostling that comes from walking doesn't do much.

My OB submitted my notes to the hospital for me. She did it at around 29 weeks in case I went into premature labour.

I do remember getting an internal with my son's pregnancy. It must have be 39 weeks because I remember the OB saying I wasn't going to go anytime soon but I never made my next appointment. ha ha So I guess that isn't a good indicator anyways. At least I'm on weekly appointments now.

Yeah, my friend was the opposite. Told she wouldn't make her next appointment and didn't have her son for almost 2 more weeks! Fingers Crossed we don't have that happen!

We'll I'm guessing we have at least one more baby it just hasn't been reported yet! :dance:

Avery's sleeping is hit or miss. I know if I really am desperate I can sit up and hold him to get a little. Otherwise on good nights he sleeps in like 2hr stretches. He's eating well but so frequently my nipples are paying for it :(

Today is our first day without help just me and the boys. It's been a little rough but we're doing ok. So far we've all had breakfast, Logan's had a bath (he leaked over night) and I just got Avery to take a little nap in his seat and give me a mini break. He's been insisting on being held all night/morning because he's gassy and cluster feeding.

I can't wait for do to get home tho. So grateful his schedule changes next week. He will be closer to home and get home over an hr earlier. He gets off an hr earlier and then he is closer and will skip rush hr.

Left Avery on the couch for a min after changing him and Logan tried to pick him up, make him clap his hands and then fist bump him :haha: I was still right there and got a picture of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member