2014 Testers wanna join?!?! Join in on the POAS fun!!!

Welcome Kate. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kaicee: Hang in there, I'm hoping its not the witch showing her ugly face.

I used Wondfo's which worked wonders for me.

Brunette: How are your treatments going? When can you stop them?

Sorry tibbymomma, didn't mean to ignore you. Hi and welcome. Tell us a bit about yourself, or just jump in anywhere.

I've been a bit chatty lately, sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into the "Tui show".

Please feel free to tell me to get back in my box :haha:

hahah no problem, Tui! And congratulations! I see you're about 5 weeks along :) A little about myself...Hubby and I will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary on July 13th and will be going on a Disney Cruise! Just so happens that I should be ovulating at this exact time so we will start TTC then! This will bring me to testing at the very end of July...FX for a BFP! If not, I won't be too disappointed as it will be our first month trying :)

Wow, sounds like a lovely stress free way to start trying. I wish you lots of luck.

I hate stress when ttc! Hopefully I get some answers soon so if if is af I can take my clomid!

Tui I absolutely would say we've been trying longer but I had at mc at 12 weeks in January and it will be on record so they will know how long I've been trying since then, damn it!!

How are you feeling?

K - I hope it was an ib, hang in there.

Bush - I also thought it sounded like preg hormones. Have you tested again yet?

How long do consultants normally take to get blood results back to us in UK? if I miss this cycle ttc to get bloods taken in 5 weeks it will be the week I get bloods taken that I am due to OV again and I want to ttc that cycle in June.. should I ring the consultant when I have had bloods done and ask them to check asap as Im trying?

They usually say around 6 weeks. We NTNP for those 6 weeks and fell pregnant second cycle before we got our results back.

I'm good thanks Mrs W. Don't feel at all pregnant though. Guess I should be grateful. If I do get this job I don't want to be throwing up the first couple of weeks I'm there.

Normal blood tests should take 1 or 2 days unless there is something that needs a fancy test. The problem I found over there is they want you to make an appointment to talk about them rather than just call you. That can take ages to get a slot!

Welcome Kate. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kaicee: Hang in there, I'm hoping its not the witch showing her ugly face.

I used Wondfo's which worked wonders for me.

Brunette: How are your treatments going? When can you stop them?

I have to take them all through pregnancy and 6 weeks after birth.

It took 6 weeks for the results BB?

Im hoping they can give me some results sooner than that.. yeah if they could ring that would be better Tui.. maybe if I tell him im ttc they may give me results sooner? I will just beg beg and beg x

That's the only trouble with free health care. It takes forever to get anywhere!

I had a problem with my elbow for years and years and three doctors just said it's tennis elbow and gave me strong anti inflammatory pills. FOR 15 YEARS! Finally I got a doctor to listen to me when I broke down in his office. 2 consultant's and two surgery's later I was handed a small pot of what they took out of my elbow. Lots of pieces of bone/calcium, some bigger than a pea, had been rattling round in there. I so felt like shoving that pot up the doctors ******.

Yeah true...

May ring Bupa tomorrow and see how much it costs for a blood test with them then..

I took 7. I think it would have taken longer had I not rang them and said I was pregnant. I had other tests done though, things like Karyotyping etc which I think take longer than routine ones.

Even DNA testing takes less than a day to run, it's the queue that's the problem. (Analytical Chemist)

Bushmumma are you up? Have you peed on something yet? :haha:

Kate- I use 81mg chewable aspirin, I started it on my own last cycle and when I got my BFP my OB told me to continue it till 14 weeks as it helps the uterine lining. He said it can not hurt, and so far this pregnancy has been sticky and full of nausea. Do some research on it.... Hope everyone gets their sticky BFP's soon!!!

kate
i think it was u that said u bled in the begining of ur pregnancy what color was it and how long did it last?

Thanks Tui :)

I am amazed at how long some of you have to wait for blood results. It's insane! Okay, but here in South Africa if we would have to go on free healthcare then firstly, they wouldn't run tests and secondly, if they, by miracle, did run tests the change would be almost 99% of loosing the paperwork and you will never get the results or your results might be confused with another patient. This is why the majority pay for private health insurance. It's expensive, but at least we know we have good care. Or so we hope. Even with a good medical plan they managed to screw things up when DD was born - but that is another long story.

I didn't know that aspirin can mess up cycles. I don't know much about it though and scared to take it myself, but it's mainly because we don't have baby aspirin and just the normal dose.

Kaiecee, I hope it's not af showing her ugly face, but on the bright side.....if it is then hopefully you have a much better chance on clomid and would June be your Rainbow Month :) *hugs*

MrsW I do believe that we should count all the months we TTC because we don't have babies to show for it yet :( my due date would be next month and yours would be around the corner as well. Are they really that silly? Sensitive question - how old are you? I heard that if you are ttc for 6 months or more and you are over 30 then they would have a look at you, but under 30 you should ttc a year. I think it's rather BS because who gave them the right to have a say over our bodies? Sorry, but I just don't agree with these systems. I am already gathering my speech if the doc wants to send me away next month without tests being done. Apparently we are "most fertile" up to 6 months after a loss, so if we didn't caught an egg by then, then it should mean that something is out of place and it seems to be the case when I talk to you ladies here on bnb.

Sorry, turned into a rant. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"