- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I'm still so shocked the doctors wanted to do a d&c on you, Nikoru. Especially with the population crisis in Japan, people not having enough babies -- they should instead try to do everything possible to protect each baby as much as possible. How are you feeling now? :flower:

Mdscpa, it might just be your location. I'm in Japan and they don't do it there either, if I asked about it most doctors there would probably say there is no such thing. The doctors here, a lot of them are really cocky, mainly because the way society is, they don't question doctors. I did and it was a good job I did because she wanted to give me a d&c at 5w+6... Now I have so far a healthy baby last time we checked at 12w+6!! But I jut feel sorry that if I was a good quiet japanese lady I probably would have done exactly what the doctor said...and it would have been an abortion!

We have a friend here who's also from Philippines. His wife is working as a sonographer and she said there's only one place in the whole City that does NT Scan and that's where she works, unfortunately, it's very far from our place. We just assumed that maybe other 5 star hospitals have it but I guess she's right... Anyways, the new hospitals we are in have other tests on their checklist to check for any anomalies. So hopefully we can have that in the future. It's just so sad how most doctors here will just shut you up instead of listening to you... This place is crowded with know-it-all-lazy people. All they wanted is for you to listen to them. Still, we weren't raised like that, whenever you have a concern you have to speak up and ask.

D&C?!!!???!!!! What in the world is she thinking?? :growlmad::ninja: Glad you spoke up and never agreed to what she wanted to do... And yay for a very healthy baby you have in there. :happydance:

hi star :) do u have any ultrasound pic to share? :)

also can u guys go to gender prediction section and guess the gender of my baby pretty please ;)

I've put my ultrasound pic on my desk at work so I'll get a pic when I'm in next week. So many June mamas to be! :D

Anyone experienced dizziness in their pregnancy ? Since getting better and leaving hospital Im getting dizzy spells if I wake up at any point during the night , the whole room literally spins :sick: it happens every morning too and lasts for about an hour before it fades off, just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to ease this? Thanks :flower:

Yes i used to get that with my last pregnancy, and sometimes when not pregnant too. Unfortunately no advice as I didn't find anything to help. Horrible feeling though :(

I was getting dizzyness in the mornings and I started eating a little closer to bed time so my tummy was still a little full in the morning. Seemed to help asking as it was just something light xx bet your glad to be home now, are you feeling better, apart from the dizzyness obviously xx

I keep a little tupperware of dry cereal by my bed (like Cheerios). If I'm feeling really bad in the morning, I'll nibble with my eyes closed still laying down.

I had dizziness on/off for a couple of weeks towards end of first tri - sometimes just standing for a shower and stuff made me feel really faint. No real tips but it does seem to have passed now so hope it doesn't last too long for you :hugs:

More protein can help if you are having dizzy spells xx

I keep some cereal bars next to bed and so I can snack on something before I get up. I find that helps with dizziness x

No only leading up to it, gender scan on 23rd also dh's 40th bday, and midwife on 24th!

Thanks ladies for the replys will try your suggestions out and see if that makes a difference :)

Pink_pheonix yes I am feeling so much better! I am still very tired tbh but I'm so so much better then before :flower:

Aww that's good to hear, not the tired part obviously ha ha, glad u feel better.
I find just getting home sometimes can make the world of difference. I was in over night and felt horrendous, felt better after a good night's sleep at home xx

Pink Phoenix, I just realised you are from West Yorkshire? Which part? I'm living in Tokyo at the moment but my hometown is Leeds :) going back to visit for Christmas soon :) Hope I feel better.

Oceana, I don't feel much better honestly. Still vomiting every day, lost 10lb now and starting to worry. I'm skinnier than before I was pregnant. I'm 5'11/180cm and now weigh 132lb/9st 6/60kg :( my BMI is now 18.5....I started with a BMI of 19.8, I was never big but this is getting ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I was EVER under 9st 7....probably early teens...I just cannot lose anymore. I'm so glad that this pregnancy wasn't planned...I was hoping to lose a little bit of weight before trying for a baby just because I was a few pounds heavier than I wanted but imagine if I had done that?! I would have been seriously underweight :( I guess no wonder I'm feeling dizzy. I can only hope I'll put some weight back in when I'm in the UK over Christmas. It doesn't help being in Japan where for some reason I have no appetite for any Japanese food whatso ever but for some reason I feel like I could eat a lovely veggie pie, potatoes, gravy, Yorkshire pudding and veg right now...no such thing in Japan though :( even simple things like baked potatoes and cottage cheese....first off most houses don't even have an oven! :(

Ah sorry for the rant. I'm just feeling really fed up. It's coming up for aroun 7w of vomiting and another 2 w before that feeling nauseous and I've just had enough :( to add to it I feel like I've got thrush and a UTI. My best friend in the UK is a GP so she is going to sort me out when I go back. If I need any prescriptions she'll take me to a walk in :) at least that's one thing off my mind though.

Well I'm originally from Manchester but I live in Haworth now, it's so beautiful out this way.

Tbh hun I doubt my tummy would handle much else than plain boring English food. I'm struggling with that as it is.

I bet you can't wait to get back over here? Do u live in Japan on a permanent basis?

I think as long as you put weight back on later in pregnancy you should be fine, being tall doesn't help with bmi's but there not great as it is. They don't take into consideration a build or your gentatics. I've got an apparent high bmi that puts me firmly into obese but my argument is that I was a gymnast for years as a child and also a serious weight lifter up untill recent years. Not to mention I'm fairly large chested and have 40 inch hips and that's before any fat haha. By no means am I skinny don't get me wrong but I think obese is pushing it really.

Maybe speak to your friend in the UK about any weight gain products she can recomend maybe in drink form or even try blending stuff at home. May be a little bit easier to stomach.

When I was ill and sick all the time I lived on crisp and toast. Not much of a diet I know but atleast I was getting something in xx
Really hope you feel better especially when you get back home xxxx

Well, all genetic blood work came back fabulous!!

And...

It's a girl!! The first one in my very immediate family since me! I have 6 nephews, a stepson, and my son who we loss. This girl is already set up to be rotten. :)

Well, all genetic blood work came back fabulous!!

And...

It's a girl!! The first one in my very immediate family since me! I have 6 nephews, a stepson, and my son who we loss. This girl is already set up to be rotten. :)

congrats smoore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you find out she was a girl at 13 weeks? do u have the pic?

im excited for you. i would also love a girl, but i thought i saw a nub for a boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->