- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thank you, everyone!!

congrats smoore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you find out she was a girl at 13 weeks? do u have the pic?

im excited for you. i would also love a girl, but i thought i saw a nub for a boy

We didn't find out at an ultrasound. It was from genetic blood work. We were offered it as a precaution since our son was stillborn at 30 weeks during my first pregnancy. I have attached the latest ultrasound picture though. :)

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 6
Oh OK sorry for asking. Makes sense when I reread. Awesome picture and I'm so happy ur baby girl is doing well; )
Thank you, everyone!!

congrats smoore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you find out she was a girl at 13 weeks? do u have the pic?

im excited for you. i would also love a girl, but i thought i saw a nub for a boy

We didn't find out at an ultrasound. It was from genetic blood work. We were offered it as a precaution since our son was stillborn at 30 weeks during my first pregnancy. I have attached the latest ultrasound picture though. :)

You don't have to be sorry for asking nilllabean! I never mind talking about Connor. :) He was as much of a part of me as this baby will be.

Well I'm originally from Manchester but I live in Haworth now, it's so beautiful out this way.

Tbh hun I doubt my tummy would handle much else than plain boring English food. I'm struggling with that as it is.

I bet you can't wait to get back over here? Do u live in Japan on a permanent basis?

Ah Haworth is lovely!

Yeah I live permanently in Japan for the foreseeable future. It isn't really possible for us to move to the UK as getting a visa for hubby is really difficult and would mean living apart for at least a year and I would HAVE to work (even if he was working and earnt enough for both of us) in order to sponsor his visa, and well that's impossible at the moment since I will be having to give birth at some point this year. Weird really because Its so much easier to get a Japanese visa, yet, their immigration laws and rules are so so so much tighter and Japan doesn't have as many foreigners living there as in the UK. Just their processes and constant checking up seem to weed out any non genuine people and therefore if you are genuine it's so much easier.

I used to love Japanese food but I think when you are feeling ill you just want very familiar comfort food. Plus I guess most of my cravings are british food because I guess I'm used to it more.

I realised I seem to whinge about Japan a lot, don't get me wrong I do love it here, I guess just when you are feeling ill and want familiarity and even my mum to pamper me...(now I'm sounding like a child lol) and plus I haven't lived here that long yet so still getting used to it and I think I'll enjoy it even more, the more Japanese I can pick up. Won't be as lonely. I NEVER thought I'd miss the UK that much though...I always used to complain about it. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Long time since I was on here! How is everyone? :)
Can't believe some of you are in the second trimester now!
And got ultrasounds! I'm so jealous.

In Sweden, we get our first scan at 18-20 weeks (I got mine on January 20th!), and it's not even an option to pay for a private one (at least no one said anything about it to me).

I don't feel pregnant at all, though. My boobs hurt a little, but that's about it. I guess I should be lucky, but instead I'm worried all the time. I've taken like 5 tests :p
Can't it be January already?? :D

Long time since I was on here! How is everyone? :)
Can't believe some of you are in the second trimester now!
And got ultrasounds! I'm so jealous.

In Sweden, we get our first scan at 18-20 weeks (I got mine on January 20th!), and it's not even an option to pay for a private one (at least no one said anything about it to me).

I don't feel pregnant at all, though. My boobs hurt a little, but that's about it. I guess I should be lucky, but instead I'm worried all the time. I've taken like 5 tests :p
Can't it be January already?? :D

Hi Snorman, same EDD here. :happydance: Hope time flies so you'll be able to finally see your little bean... Too bad you can't even get a private one. Here, they just accept you in whenever you want to. Weird? No, i guess all they wanted is money...

Well I'm originally from Manchester but I live in Haworth now, it's so beautiful out this way.

Tbh hun I doubt my tummy would handle much else than plain boring English food. I'm struggling with that as it is.

I bet you can't wait to get back over here? Do u live in Japan on a permanent basis?

Ah Haworth is lovely!

Yeah I live permanently in Japan for the foreseeable future. It isn't really possible for us to move to the UK as getting a visa for hubby is really difficult and would mean living apart for at least a year and I would HAVE to work (even if he was working and earnt enough for both of us) in order to sponsor his visa, and well that's impossible at the moment since I will be having to give birth at some point this year. Weird really because Its so much easier to get a Japanese visa, yet, their immigration laws and rules are so so so much tighter and Japan doesn't have as many foreigners living there as in the UK. Just their processes and constant checking up seem to weed out any non genuine people and therefore if you are genuine it's so much easier.

I used to love Japanese food but I think when you are feeling ill you just want very familiar comfort food. Plus I guess most of my cravings are british food because I guess I'm used to it more.

I realised I seem to whinge about Japan a lot, don't get me wrong I do love it here, I guess just when you are feeling ill and want familiarity and even my mum to pamper me...(now I'm sounding like a child lol) and plus I haven't lived here that long yet so still getting used to it and I think I'll enjoy it even more, the more Japanese I can pick up. Won't be as lonely. I NEVER thought I'd miss the UK that much though...I always used to complain about it. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Awww I didn't think you were complaining about Japan at all hun, I just understand how hard it is to be away from home.
I'm only an hour away from my mum and dad and when I'm ill it feels too far away!!

I think you always crave what you can't have, that's just how our bodies work.

It's a shame that they would put you thru so much for you and hubby to move back this way. Make you wonder how everyone else manages it with out seeming to break a sweat.

Did you say you were back over for Xmas? I though I'd read that but on the other hand baby brain is in full force. Struggling to remember what day it is haha xx

Hope you manage to find something you can eat and hope you feel better hun. Awful being ill, especially at this time of the year xx

Well, all genetic blood work came back fabulous!!

And...

It's a girl!! The first one in my very immediate family since me! I have 6 nephews, a stepson, and my son who we loss. This girl is already set up to be rotten. :)

Congratulations! That's great news :hugs:

I remember my ob telling me I had an anterior placenta.when I asked if that meant my placenta was near my spine, she said yes.but as I'm on Google, that looks like the placenta is near my stomach.

Question. Will I feel baby's accurate hb with Doppler or could it be placenta?

The placenta sounds like a swoosh swoosh noise and about the same speed as your hb and the baby sounds more like a train or galloping horse and much faster. When you find baby (it can take a while) it's unmistakable. You may also hear a swooshing beat towards either side of your stomach which I think are the main arteries into your legs. If you YouTube fetal heartbeat on Doppler you should find some example videos which can help you to know what you're listening for xxx

I find mine every time we get to try the doppler i too have anterior placenta. It sounded like a train or a galloping horse and much stronger since 2 days ago.... Odd that i get two heartbeats from both sides 3-4 inches apart from the middle 3 inches below my belly button....

I find mine every time we get to try the doppler i too have anterior placenta. It sounded like a train or a galloping horse and much stronger since 2 days ago.... Odd that i get two heartbeats from both sides 3-4 inches apart from the middle 3 inches below my belly button....

There are arteries that can sound like a heartbeat on your left and right side. Lots of people mistake that for baby and is likely what you're hearing and not 2 heartbeats.

There are arteries that can sound like a heartbeat on your left and right side. Lots of people mistake that for baby and is likely what you're hearing and not 2 heartbeats.

I hear those too from farther left and right side. And the swooshing sound of the placenta. What i'm getting are galloping horse sound. I tried putting the probe in the middle and theres nothing so it's impossible that i'm picking up the heartbeat from the other side. I have searched the net and found that it's possible to pick it up from the umbilical cord.... Our doc doesnt look on both sides once she found it thats it even the sonographer did the same. But we are going to let them know about it on our next visit. I'm happy hearing the heartbeat though and thats enough....

The placenta sounds like a swoosh swoosh noise and about the same speed as your hb and the baby sounds more like a train or galloping horse and much faster. When you find baby (it can take a while) it's unmistakable. You may also hear a swooshing beat towards either side of your stomach which I think are the main arteries into your legs. If you YouTube fetal heartbeat on Doppler you should find some example videos which can help you to know what you're listening for xxx
ok ty. then its baby . yayy. i didnt know if the placenta would be a swoosh just like the arteries. was just wondering if placenta would be in the way. ive watched videos already but ty

also. its not the same as my heartbeat ever. the swooshing.

FINALLY,

I can come and post here :thumbup:
I finally had my first ultrasound and the baby is measuring right on target for 12 weeks 4 days with a heart rate of 152.

So the due date is June 25, 2015.

I am so excited I cannot believe there is a baby in there :)

Attachments

• P2  NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0001.jpg
    P2 NT OBSTETRIC ULTRASOUND 0001.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member