- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Popping in to say hello ladies. How is everyone doing?
I got a shock yesterday to learn that instead of entering second tri as I would have been, I'm back in first tri already :)

Congrats Smoore on a girl!

Shilo Congrats on a boy - I can't remember, it was a boy you were hoping for wasn't it?

I had no preference at all after everything we've been through. We were shocked though because we were SO convinced it was a girl and so was everyone I know. But we are so incredibly excited and happy. And most importantly, relieved that the rest of the genetic tests came back normal.

Congrats! I have just added you back to the FB group.

For someone who asked if you need special reasons for genetic testing, I think some OBs require it such as being over 35 and stuff like that. It's just something my OB offers to anyone though.
Do u have to be a certain amount of weeks

You have to be atleast 10 weeks I believe :)

It can be expensive and most insurances don't cover it. My OB had a deal with the company that the most her patients pay out of pocket was $25 so I figured, why not?

OK shilo sorry about the questions. Thanks for the help.

My hubby and I wanted to do that when we found out, but when we tried to setup an appt, he receptionist said we needed a reason other than pregnancy for the test.like we had to have current conditions. I want in the mood, so just said forget it back then. Probably was given crap info

So happy today....... My employer finally fixed my insurance and now everything will be covered, from hospital visits, medicines and birth.... :happydance: And DH finally got the approval from his managers for his reimbursements (pregnancy-related expenses) we still have 3 more receipts to process next time. All future expenses will be under my insurance so no more cash outlay.... :happydance:

So happy today....... My employer finally fixed my insurance and now everything will be covered, from hospital visits, medicines and birth.... :happydance: And DH finally got the approval from his managers for his reimbursements (pregnancy-related expenses) we still have 3 more receipts to process next time. All future expenses will be under my insurance so no more cash outlay.... :happydance:
great news: )

Ah I'm soo happy NDH!!! Congrats! Also congrats to Shilo but I already said so earlier on FB. So exciting!

Popping in to say hello ladies. How is everyone doing?
I got a shock yesterday to learn that instead of entering second tri as I would have been, I'm back in first tri already :)

Congrats Smoore on a girl!

Shilo Congrats on a boy - I can't remember, it was a boy you were hoping for wasn't it?

Oh that's wonderful news! Congrats :flower:

For those of you who have told your work how did you do it?

I have 2 days to tell my boss before the 2 week christmas break. I am seriously dreading it, i will be the fourth pregnant lady in a small workforce. She has just enrolled me into a course a few months ago that should take a year (i still want to do and complete course before baby is born). The office she works in is extremely busy and i doubt i would get her to herself so i will need to text her before hand to let her know i want to speak to her. I just know she wont take it well.

:) i just got one of my blood tests back and it said that i had less than 1:5000 chance of a baby with down syndrome. obviously anything can still happen and i didnt go over them with the doc yet, but it seemed pretty good. I remember watching a baby vlog and one mom got a call that her chanced were 1:196 and her baby was born without it.

also. do you guys know was mss stands for in front of the down sydrome test?

I really don't understand any of the NT screening.
Mine came back today at 1:47842. I'm presuming that's quite a good score?? I wish there were a little more informative with this stuff.
I looked to see what mms was but it wasn't on my letter hun, sorry xx

Mine came back today at 1:47842. I'm presuming that's quite a good score?? I wish there were a little more informative with this stuff.
omg ... ok i dont feel comfortable anymore. 47842 is a great number! and thanks for checking

sorry its mss. looke it up on google. maternal serum screening

I literally feel like the only person who refused any of them tests? Haha is it just me or did anyone else ?

omg ... ok i dont feel comfortable anymore. 47842 is a great number! and thanks for checking

sorry its mss. looke it up on google. maternal serum screening

Sorry hun u did put mss, that's just my battered head not working haha! Sick of sleeping and not feeling like I have!!

I literally feel like the only person who refused any of them tests? Haha is it just me or did anyone else ?

I didn't say yes just for the downs, I have a genetic problem with my brain and spinal cord that is similar to spina bifida and thought maybe if baby had it that it may have showed up x

Most people I know turn them down. I just thought it would be one less worry and it let's you be prepared no matter what x

I'm a serious over thinker, would have hurt my feelings too much not to know haha x

I didn't say yes just for the downs, I have a genetic problem with my brain and spinal cord that is similar to spina bifida and thought maybe if baby had it that it may have showed up x

Most people I know turn them down. I just thought it would be one less worry and it let's you be prepared no matter what x

I'm a serious over thinker, would have hurt my feelings too much not to know haha x

See I'm a serious worrier tbh haha and if anything didn't look perfect I would just worry like mad! :dohh: :haha: for me I find it easier to assume that everything is going well and if baby was born with any condition or anything we would come to terms with the situation then etc if that makes sense? Not sure if I'm putting it right? Haha :flower:

Yeah I get what you mean hun x
Different people think of it in different ways and deal with it differently I suppose x
Regardless of what the out come was it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to me at all like I said just like to know haha! I thank OCD for that bit of stubbornness lol

I was worried as my condition took till 26 to be diagnosed even tho I've had it from birth and I had a pretty rough time getting the diagnosis. Would be nice to know if baby was gonna go thru the same as me xx

See that was my way of thinking either way it wouldn't make a difference but I actually never thought of it from your point of view .. Like the way you have put it there as I have never had any experience with a condition like that, and you've actually made me think a bit! Haha like I never understood before why someone would want the tests and that but now you've put your view across I think I would be exactly the same in your shoes :flower: seems like you are already looking out for your wee bubba there mummy! :flower: x

I think for most people the out come is completely irrelevant they just like the security of knowing before hand if there is any extra planning needed to help when baby arrived.
We wasn't really going to have them to be honest but me and OH sat down and had a chat, took into consideration things we had going on and obviously my condition, also my best friends little boy was very poorly with a heart condition that was never picked up so it's made me a little on edge that altho things can look perfect it might not be.
We just decided that any test that could be offered that caused no known risk to me or baby just seemed like a good option.
For the only reason of trying to be as prepared as we could for any out come xx
I know you can plan untill your blue in the face for a little one and hardly anything ever goes to plan but it's still nice to try and have some sort of things in place if need be, or so I've come to feel anyway xx

I like that my post made you think, and I love the fact you were big enough to admit it, it think a large part of learning and being open to other people is having ur opinions tested x

I understand perfectly that many people may or may not have the same opinions as me and my opinions are only what I feel are best for me. I love hearing other people's point of view and reasons why, partly just because I'm a nosy bugger I must admit haha xx :flower:

For those of you who have told your work how did you do it?

I have 2 days to tell my boss before the 2 week christmas break. I am seriously dreading it, i will be the fourth pregnant lady in a small workforce. She has just enrolled me into a course a few months ago that should take a year (i still want to do and complete course before baby is born). The office she works in is extremely busy and i doubt i would get her to herself so i will need to text her before hand to let her know i want to speak to her. I just know she wont take it well.

It depends so much on your working situation. I work for a small company as well, but they're family friendly. I told our HR lady and one supervisor because I wasn't feeling well. And then I told my boss awhile later - he gave me a high five. Being a small company I'm sure they've learned from past experiences and it's no big deal now.
I know that doesn't help you at all. If I was worried I'd make sure they knew I was thinking about my time away and preparing for it, which is something I sort of did anyway.

Bump Pics for 9, 11 and 14 weeks.

9 weeks pregnant:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/9w_zps0e498ab5.jpg

11 weeks pregnant:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/11w_zps2b5f7d47.jpg

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/11w-a_zpsf92bb802.jpg

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/11w-b_zps1bc6a9cb.jpg

14 weeks pregnant:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/14w_zps69a58204.jpg

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/141w_zps55b6166e.jpg

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/142w_zpsf6181d8d.jpg

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/143w_zps11895405.jpg