- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

So, getting nervous about the ultra sound...
I told my friend a couple of days ago, and she sort of reminded me that they may find that the baby is dead, and I didn't even think of that! I was all like "Once I get past the 12 first weeks, everything will be fine".
And now I'm all nervous and thinking of getting one of those home doppler systems.. Any of you girls have them? Are they any good?

When is your u/s? Sorry if you said already.

I'm sure everything will go just great and sorry that your friend scared you hun :hugs:

I have a Doppler but I'm yet to find the heart beat and I'm passed 14 weeks already. Mine however was bought 2nd hand. I can find my own heart beat with it perfectly but I struggle a lot with trying to find baby. I have however had 2 ultrasounds and I know it is there as I saw it so I'm not too stressed about it.

Some other ladies I've seen on threads have the Sonoline B (I think) that they use and have found the heart beat nice and early.

I think you should decide whether it would work for you or not. It can cause you a lot of unnecessary stress if you cannot find it even though nothing is wrong with baby. Otherwise if you do find it, it will be great reassurance.

Well, my first ultra sound is in 3 weeks, so it's not too long away, but by then I will be in my week 20, and don't even know if there's something there in my belly. I hate it!

But I talked to a friend, and she said I can ask my midwife to check for a heartbeat, before the ultra sound, and I'm going there tomorrow (mostly because of my extreme itchy skin, but also, because my hips hurt like crazy!) thought I would ask her then :)

Would love to be able to announce it on New Years eve! :D

We have the same EDD snorman... :happydance:

Was it your choice not to have early scans? I had a couple already and now just waiting for my 20 week appointment which feels like ages.....

Oh and goodluck with the announcement.... I'm pretty sure all is well.... :hugs:

Snorman - did your friend have a late loss?

Not that it would excuse her, but I lost my son at 30 weeks and it drives me crazy when people talk about how they got past the "unsafe zone" and are completely safe now.

I would NEVER say something of that nature to someone though I know all to real that something can happen late in pregnancy.

I'm sure everything will be just fine! Huge hugs!

Hopefully your midwife will check for the heart beat and find it!! I know how happy seeing the heart beat made me so I cannot imagine how happy hearing it would be.

Fx very tightly for you :)

i think my morning sickness is almost comletely gone. Its still hard to eat at times, but its gotten much better. Im sure part of that is due to the ulcers n stomach pain... I lost 30 pounds since finding out i was pregnant. and I have gained 5! i was getting worried losing so quickly

my bp meds are working wonders right now and im so happy about that.

keep thinking i feel baby kick but i guess i wont know for sure for sure until later on when i know what a real kick feels like.

anyone else feeling flutters?

i also feel myself having more energy than before which im also happy about

4 more days until 3d ultrasound :) super excited

are u ladies drinking lots of fluids? or do u still not really have an appetite?

so many questions lol

I still can't eat a full meal. And even less if I've managed to drink a fair amount of fluids during the day.
I'd Defo say I'm fighting a losing battle with food at the minute, it's driving me mad xx

i think my morning sickness is almost comletely gone. Its still hard to eat at times, but its gotten much better. Im sure part of that is due to the ulcers n stomach pain... I lost 30 pounds since finding out i was pregnant. and I have gained 5! i was getting worried losing so quickly

my bp meds are working wonders right now and im so happy about that.

keep thinking i feel baby kick but i guess i wont know for sure for sure until later on when i know what a real kick feels like.

anyone else feeling flutters?

i also feel myself having more energy than before which im also happy about

4 more days until 3d ultrasound :) super excited

are u ladies drinking lots of fluids? or do u still not really have an appetite?

so many questions lol

Glad you are feeling better. My morning sickness seems to be doing the same thing and taking the fast train out of here. After about +- 8 weeks of not being able to eat, throwing up and losing weight I'm happy it is going and I now know what my triggers are so I avoid them at all cost as well.

I can do full meals at dinner time but still struggle in the morning to eat. I've never ever really been a breakfast when you wake up kind of girl :dohh:

I feel funny things but mine is high up so I know it is not baby and I'm a bit chubby so 'apparently' I wont be feeling it that early either :shrug:

Liquid wise I drink A LOT. I am constantly thirsty and in the mood for water with lemon :) Nice and healthy. Luckily no underlying problems just baby wanting water I guess lol

I think i started feeling the flutters this week... One morning i suddenly woke up at 4am because of a strong movement down there and a lot of like flicks of a finger and i know it's the baby but not 100% sure since this is my first.

You are showing nicely 'early' on Daphne so I also think it is baby :dance:
So exciting! I cannot wait to feel it as well!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas :flower:

Exciting to hear about everyone's scans and baby kicks :thumbup:

I have possibly been feeling kicks the last couple of days but I'm not sure it could just be muscle twitches, my pregnancy book says most first time mums feel kicks between 18 - 20 weeks so it could be what I'm feeling, only time will tell :shrug:

I'm still getting nausea and occasional sickness :dohh: I feel sick every morning and most late afternoons :wacko:

Is anyone preparing for their 20 week appointment? Mine is ages away and I'm getting twitchy starting to worry, it's not until 16th Jan :dohh:

I have possibly been feeling kicks the last couple of days but I'm not sure it could just be muscle twitches, my pregnancy book says most first time mums feel kicks between 18 - 20 weeks so it could be what I'm feeling, only time will tell :shrug:

I'm still getting nausea and occasional sickness :dohh: I feel sick every morning and most late afternoons :wacko:

Is anyone preparing for their 20 week appointment? Mine is ages away and I'm getting twitchy starting to worry, it's not until 16th Jan :dohh:

Yip my next appointment will be at 20 weeks as well.... However mine is only the 11th of Feb :shock:
Not sure how to stay sane until then?!

Mine is on 20th Jan! Can't wait!!

We have the same EDD snorman... :happydance:

Was it your choice not to have early scans? I had a couple already and now just waiting for my 20 week appointment which feels like ages.....

Oh and goodluck with the announcement.... I'm pretty sure all is well.... :hugs:

It's not an option here, to have early scans. Supposedly it can "harm the baby".

But today I got to hear the heart beat and I'm soooo thrilled! And super relaxed, all of a sudden! :D

:dance: Great news about hearing the heart Snorman.

We only get offered one scan if you don't have medical aid. They also said it is not that healthy for the baby.

I paid for 2 private early scans though. 1st one was just to see that baby is there and moving. 2nd was to check if all was fine after a week's antibiotics.

That's great news Snorman......

AFM, my next scan will be on 29th of January. Can't wait either..... :happydance:

Thoroughly annoyed right now!

I have the Unisar Bebesounds doppler. Bought 2nd hand and it worked at 10 weeks when we bought it. I can still hear my own heartbeat but not baby's.

Bear in mind the doppler was dirt cheap 2nd hand. Anyway I decide to google a bit and eveyone mostly says it is crap and can be used from 3rd tri... :dohh:

I'm not worried about anything being wrong with baby, just annoyed that the luxury of beingh able to hear the heart beating at night before going to sleep has now been spoiled :cry:

Oh well...

We are officially team blue :D My "real" scan is two weeks from now, but had a scan today because my leg was going numb and apparently its a pinched nerve or something but the maternity hospital has the policy of always doing a scan anyway :thumbup: They refused to tell me the gender but it was obvious, he was proudly showing his bits lol, couldnt be mistaken. I just want to know if my scan pic is normal lol, the face looks weird to me?

Attachments

• scanpic.jpg
    scanpic.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
Congrats! It looks like maybe baby was facing away in this pic to me? I'm sure they would have mentioned if there was an issue. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->