- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thank you Snufkin,

See a quick google search told me that Saba is low and Aji is high. Then visa versa.

It's super confusing!

Gah! That sucks. I'd just go easy on both kinds then...but I really don't know what the risks are anyway, can't imagine a few bites being bad though.

Freaking out a little. I'm with my mom for a few weeks (Japanese) and every morning we usually eat Saba or Aji (different types of mackerel) I've had a few bites, (3 small bites) and I'm looking at all the mercury it might have. There are contradicting levels out there depending on the fish.. but still it's kinda freaking me out.

I am not prepared to tell anyone much less her... so I've got to wiggle out of breakfast.

So please tell me 6 bites of fish aren't going to ruin my child!

I've been trying to steer away from hijiki...I mean even when not pregnant but it's everywhere in Japan! In the US and I think UK, they advise not to eat it because of high levels of heavy metals but everyone thinks it's so so healthy over in Japan...I'm trying not to think the way of "UK advise is right and Japanese wrong" but it's so hard challenging what you have been brought up thinking. I mean in the UK people are told not to eat raw eggs...but it is so so so common here! My husband eats them all the time. Also in the UK you are to make sure your chicken isn't pink at all...there are some places over here that serve raw chicken...:wacko:

Hah yes, I grew up eating raw eggs and never had a problem until I lived in Europe. Not pretty.

That's another meal I'm gonna have to avoid! Sukiyaki!

Lovesunshine, you'll need to translate that first post for me please! :D ICSI? 12dpo2dt?? I'm clueless!

Well, I'm not LoveSunshine and she might have more details than I do. But ICSI is IVF where they inject the egg with sperm and then the egg(s) are put back into her after they're fertilized. 12dp2dt means 12 days past 2 day transfer which I believe means the egg(s) were put back into her 2 days after they were taken/fertilized? Which would translate to 14DPO. You just add the 2 numbers to figure out the DPO. Usually that kind of IVF is used for couples that may be struggling with low sperm count since the sperm is injected into the egg to be sure it fertilizes.

I have not done IVF so if I'm wrong on a few details, I apologize and feel free to correct me.

Zaycain, do you mind if I ask a really personal question? How was it growing up in Japan as half Japanese half American? Did you ever face discrimination or bullying?

Hi can I join. I got my BFP yesterday and due June 10th 2015 yayyyy

Congrats, Lorna! I'll get you added now :)

Zaycain, do you mind if I ask a really personal question? How was it growing up in Japan as half Japanese half American? Did you ever face discrimination or bullying?

It's no problem! I grew up on a base so my experience might be a little different. I loved it. I am so proud of both heritages. Plus.. I had a funky look to me so I made extra money modeling as a kid that helped pay for my college tuition!

As far as off base, I've heard that hapa kids aren't bullied, they aren't really looked at as 'Japanese' though.

Where in Japan are you? Tokyo?

Got my beta results back from my 13dpo test - HCG was 144. Doctor seemed happy. Now just checking again on Friday - 16dpo.

Ok.. I know nothing about beta tests. What is it and should I get this? I wasn't planning on seeing the doc for a few more weeks!

btw Congrats Lorna! Welcome to the group!

Thanks ofr the add and welcome. Bre great to have lots of bump buddies ;-)
Zaycain - My Beta was 185 at technically 14dpo but i was IVF. This is classed as high yay, I was told they like a Beta above 50 at this stage :)

Ah thanks for your reply Zaycain, I hope then my baby will have a good experience. I think Japan seems to be opening up a little more now but I know what you mean about never being accepted as Japanese, hopefully this won't be a bother for my future children.

Where in Japan are you? Tokyo?

We are living in Tokyo at the moment but My Hubby's parents and family live in Sendai so we might end up there, we don't really know yet. The plan for now is to stay in Tokyo for a while at least.

Hi can I join. I got my BFP yesterday and due June 10th 2015 yayyyy

Due date is same as mine! I'm so happy I joined this forum. We can all support each other through all this! I guess by the time 9 months is up will will have a super long thread haha!

Soo anyone else have lower back pain already. Its so bad if I sit anywhere for more than a few minutes it starts to hurt and when I get up from laying down.

Anybody heard of this???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 20
HI everyone! Got a very feint BFP on 8 and 9dpo and a clearer one today at 11dpo! Very excited, by dates my EDD is 14th June. DS is 17 months and still BFing and I have had a couple of angel babies in the past. Hopefully all sticks well, really feeling grotty and pregnant already so hopefully that is a good sign! It hasn't really sunk in yet...

:blush:Well I just had my first emotional pregnancy lady alligator tears cry. At 3 am because.... google....lol I was so sad and scared cause I was destined to have a unhealthy baby or lose it and all these test thst drs demand that ladies say cause miscarriages. I finally got calmed down. My real problem is im terrified of a pap smear. Im 24 never had one but hubby was my first and he has always had frequent std testing until we became a thing lol. So ive never done it and really dont care too. Then i saw where a lot of women were saying they miscarried healthy pregnancys a couple days after a pap which really scared me lol But sigh newly pregnant lady stress. Im ok now I am going to talk to the dr and see if he will wait till I deliver I mean even if they find something they cant do anything till babys here anyway. What do u ladies think. Am I parnoid lol

:hi: MrsSmartie! :) Been stalking your thread for the last couple of days so I'm glad your BFP got darker x

:blush:Well I just had my first emotional pregnancy lady alligator tears cry. At 3 am because.... google....lol I was so sad and scared cause I was destined to have a unhealthy baby or lose it and all these test thst drs demand that ladies say cause miscarriages. I finally got calmed down. My real problem is im terrified of a pap smear. Im 24 never had one but hubby was my first and he has always had frequent std testing until we became a thing lol. So ive never done it and really dont care too. Then i saw where a lot of women were saying they miscarried healthy pregnancys a couple days after a pap which really scared me lol But sigh newly pregnant lady stress. Im ok now I am going to talk to the dr and see if he will wait till I deliver I mean even if they find something they cant do anything till babys here anyway. What do u ladies think. Am I parnoid lol

i just had one a couple weeks ago. they aren't the most fun things in the world, but getting them regularly is very recommended. even if you've only had one sexual partner. once you are a certain age, regardless of sexual activity, they are just to make sure that everything is healthy. it's like breast exams or teeth cleanings - keeping everything in working order and catching anything early. cavities suck if you wait until your teeth actually hurt, but if your dentist sees the beginnings of one early, the treatment is so much easier and you can avoid other complications. think of pap smears like that.

(i actually just got a phone call from my primary care doc yesterday saying that the results weren't completely normal, so i have to go in for "further testing" so i'm not just saying this off the tip of my tongue, but as a person who has been checked for STDs since meeting my husband and appears to be perfectly healthy and yet, something is giving them reason to do more tests. trust me, i cried and did google and everything too. but google is often NOT your friend.:roll: anyway, i hope this doesn't sound preachy:dohh:...but preventative medical care is SO much better than curative care in my mind.:flower:)

also, obviously i am no doctor, but it wouldn't seem like a pap smear would be the sole cause of a miscarriage. at least not any more than having sex would cause a miscarriage. i mean, the pap smear is way less invasive than some of the BDing i've done with my husband:blush::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->