- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Ah Nilla I'm so sorry, I was asleep when your updates came through :hugs:

I'm so terribly sorry about the way you've been treated. The way you are spoken to makes a huge difference in hearing and reacting to bad news. I agree though that they would have then told you if they suspected other problems which I trust and have faith there won't be!

Please don't blame yourself for this hun, remember your baby's gender, dna, gens etc was determined the day the egg and sperm fused so you could not have done anything wrong to cause this.

I'm sure your son will be none the wiser because he will have an awesome mom and love you back just as much as you love him no questions ask.

I've always said I cannot choose gender because I wouldn't know which one and I prefer having the baby that God intended me to have.

I hope you feel a bit better when you are up this morning and remember you have lots of friends and shoulders to cry on if you need to vent :hugs:

Pink, how are you this morning? I hope your okay and no need for any ops :hugs:

I'm just tired, I ended up on the medical assessment unit but was more like the geriatric unit. It was all crazy old ladies up to daft o'clock rambling on about all sorts.
Just been woken up by the nurse doing my obs for her to ask, 'are you not hungry'
I just said doesn't matter if I was not like i can eat is it' to which she replied 'well everyone is to be woken up soon for breakfast!'
Yeah thanks love
And my blood presure was low as it's 6.30am and I've been lay down all night
Yet she still insisted I sit up as it was too low! WTF! It's 6.30 of course it's low
So my plan to sleep thru breakfast has now been spoilt by a nurse who thought appropriate to ask about food and wake me up properly
Me and hospitals just do not get on AT ALL

Are you looking forward to your interview :hugs:

Ah I'm sorry it so sucky ass there! I really hope you are okay and that you can get to go home with the all clear very soon!!!

I'm very excited for my interview. I dressed nicely, not too formal but not too casual either. I ask dh and he says you look pregnant :dohh: our neighbour comes by and I ask him, he replies "you look pregnant" double :dohh:

I want a fair interview and will not be disclosing my pregnancy unless they specifically ask me how far along I am. If they knew I was pregnant they would not appoint me even if I was the best candidate.

If I do get appointed I'll decide on how to break the news after contract has been signed. In South Africa you may not fire someone because they are pregnant.

FX all works out for the best!

You can't be fired in the UK for being pregnant either, nor do you need to tell them at interview stage. I think if your the best candidate for the job you should get it.
Your not allowed to not hire some one here if she is pregnant as it's discrimination.
Will be thinking of you hun, wishing you all the very best

Did u say u had a docs appointment this morning? Please forgive me if not, heads not quite on right at the minute

Also if I haven't intact being feeling movements up till now I most certainly did this morning.
Was like a very strong muscle twitch but also as if some thing was pulling the inside of my tummy in wards. It's hard to explain but imagine someone was sat in a balloon and pulled a bit in towards them. That was the sensation. Tummy went a bit hard to at same time. Only lasted 30 seconds if that but made me feel all funny

Pink, I think we might be on PAR together with what we feel :D
I've been noticing for the last few days that the twitches / bubble popping has become a bit stronger so I'm becoming more and more convinced that I am actually feeling baby :dance:

Yes you are spot on, I did have an appointment this morning. Blood pressure bit low but still normal for me (I naturally have low blood pressure), my urine was crystal clear for a change as well. Here is the funny part... Prepregnancy I weighed 89kg. Had 8 weeks of ms and lost 5kg.
I picked up 1 kg since 13 weeks and weighted 85kg at my last appointment on 29/12. Weighed me this morning and I now weight 85.25kg.

I'm proud of myself for not ballooning. When I got pregnant everyone told me that I'll be eating all the wrong stuff and just get even fatter. I showed them. I'm healthy and so is baby, infact baby is measuring bigger according to my fundal height :D
They say your fundal height should be equal in cm to the amount of weeks you are pregnant. So I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and fundal height was 23cm!

Now just 5 more days till I get to see my baby :dance:

Aww yay well done that's great
I've still not gained the weight back that I lost at around 12 weeks. I did struggle eating a while but since my appetite came back I've not gained much. Maybe 2-3 pound.
I struggled with the thought I'd balloon but I'm quite impressed I've done so well.
Glad your appointment went well
I've got my 20wk scan at 1 so OH is on his way up to wheel me down haha

I can't believe I'm actually saying this but my best friend from school gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl last night..... She didn't even know she was pregnant! It's crazy! :haha: ahhh I am so so happy and excited for her!! :happydance: still can't quite believe it!!

Sorry, I thought I've kept up but I must have missed you asking about my appt. it went well. Just a very routine quick heart beat check with the Doppler. :) thank you for asking.

I think it is because hospitals generally don't get sued over good news. Not saying you would sue but that is generally why hospitals are cautious in the U. S.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this but my best friend from school gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl last night..... She didn't even know she was pregnant! It's crazy! :haha: ahhh I am so so happy and excited for her!! :happydance: still can't quite believe it!!

:saywhat: This thing really happens... It's just crazy how anyone wouldn't know they're pregnant. Her baby must have been so cautious moving around her belly... But it's a blessing no matter what... Congrats to your friend....

:saywhat:
You mean she was like the TLC programme and never knew anything until she went into labour?????

Congrats to her :D

Bwahahahaha :rofl:
You ladies have to pardon MD and myself... we have a long history since TTC to post the same time or the same things. Like our "say what" face hahaaha

:saywhat: This thing really happens... It's just crazy how anyone wouldn't know they're pregnant. Her baby must have been so cautious moving around her belly... But it's a blessing no matter what... Congrats to your friend....

I know! I mean I've seen it in tv programmes but it doesn't happen to people you know!! :haha: I've been speaking to her through Facebook messenger because she had to be flown away so I haven't got to visit her or anything and I haven't wanted to bombard her with questions and that but yeah she didn't have a clue ... No one did :dohh: I mean she had gone up a few sizes but thought she was just gaining weight :haha: it's so unreal I can't believe its actually happened! And her and baby are completely healthy no complications what so ever! It's such a blessing :flower:

:saywhat:
You mean she was like the TLC programme and never knew anything until she went into labour?????

Congrats to her :D

TLC? Sorry I'm slow :dohh: :haha: and yes she just woke up with tummy pains in the morning but went to do her nightshift at the pub she works in and then went to bed and woke up in agony it must have been so scary at first wondering what was happeing! Then she got flown away to hospital at 5 am and by 7 am they told her she was in labour... I think I would have fainted! Haha but her and baby are doing great! She's even breast feeding so seems to have taken to motherhood like a duck to water already :) plus her sister just had a baby girl 5 months ago so she won't be stuck for clothes etc thankfully! I just can't wait to see her and baby now! :happydance: :flower:

Hi Ladies! :hi:

I've only just found this thread! It seems that I never scroll down far enough to explore the other forums, I had no idea there was a June Bug thread. :dohh:

Just wanted to dip my toe in and say 'hi'. I recognize many names from the Second Trimester forum. I'm trying to catch up on this thread but there's so much reading so I read the last 10 pages or so?

Nilla - I'm sorry your sonographer wasn't more forth-coming about what she was seeing. I know how frustrating it can be with sonographers, we've had a couple of upsetting scans whereby we know something is 'off' but the technician won't say anything but is asking questions of us. It's very disconcerting. I wish they would just be up front with what they're seeing. I understand they don't want to upset us but we pick up on that stuff anyway. And I'm okay with the tech saying "this is what i'm seeing but i don't know what it means" rather than the tech asking questions, being super quiet and not sharing information. Anyway, as for extra fingers, I know one child with extra digits (pinkies) and another child with missing fingers on one hand - they're both perfectly healthy and happy. Their moms were worried too when they found out while pregnant but it was just one of those things that can happen sometimes. :hugs:

Sorry for the ramble!

Hi Ladies! :hi:

I've only just found this thread! It seems that I never scroll down far enough to explore the other forums, I had no idea there was a June Bug thread. :dohh:

Just wanted to dip my toe in and say 'hi'. I recognize many names from the Second Trimester forum. I'm trying to catch up on this thread but there's so much reading so I read the last 10 pages or so?

Nilla - I'm sorry your sonographer wasn't more forth-coming about what she was seeing. I know how frustrating it can be with sonographers, we've had a couple of upsetting scans whereby we know something is 'off' but the technician won't say anything but is asking questions of us. It's very disconcerting. I wish they would just be up front with what they're seeing. I understand they don't want to upset us but we pick up on that stuff anyway. And I'm okay with the tech saying "this is what i'm seeing but i don't know what it means" rather than the tech asking questions, being super quiet and not sharing information. Anyway, as for extra fingers, I know one child with extra digits (pinkies) and another child with missing fingers on one hand - they're both perfectly healthy and happy. Their moms were worried too when they found out while pregnant but it was just one of those things that can happen sometimes. :hugs:

Sorry for the ramble!
Hey blingy . Thanks for the response. I'm not so much mad at this sonographer, she was just the icing on the cake. I went last week and they said they needed more measurements this week and the doc came last week and even said nothing. I forgot to mention that I kept asking her why she wasn't measuring anything. Everything was a lie.and then her telling me it was because of me and she was sure.

I'm over it I guess.I don't care anymore. I don't feel like being seen anymore and I don't want to be induced either. I feel what happens happens and I can for to labor and delivery if I ever need to.
I'm going to tell my ob soon. Don't feel like talking to her atm.

As for the people u know, is there a reason why the little girls mom did not have her finger removed?

Congrats to ur friend sarah.

And welcome to the thread bkingy

P.s props to u if u end up reading this whole thread like wunna did!!!!

Again. Ty smoore pink bmjngy wunna and sarah for responding. I appreciate it.

Welcome Blingy :hi:

Nilla, glad to see you posting :hugs: I hope you are okay under the circumstances.

Pink, how did your u/s go??? All good and when can you leave hospital??

Again with the BMI stuff WTF?? I feel like punching many people in the face for you Nilla :hugs:

Baby ultrasound was great, Defo a little girl, we didn't tell the woman what sex we had been told previously and she said girl so we're happy now!
Was a little nervous about the amount of people I've herd lately being given wrong gender.

My MRI went well when I managed to get my panic attack under control. Was clear so got to come home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->