- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

And here is what we bought last night... Like I said, just a few... :D :lol: First baby stuff.

4 Blankets, 2 waterproof mattress pad, 5 onesies/undershirts (dont blame me i'm not sure what to call them :haha:)... Didn't buy colored onesies because all we could think of is blue :haha: we don't wanna end up having only one color...

Oh, the scarf upper far right will be used for Adam's photoshoot... :dance:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/IMG_0310_zps40d6fd53.jpg

I'm so glad you are okay Pink and that you got to go home :hugs:
Take it easy and take care of yourself!!

Thanks ladies :hugs:
Tried to thank ur comment wunna but apparently: don't have the permission! Ehh?? Haha
Phone must be having a melt down!!

Aww mdscpa baby stuff looks lovely! I forget how small some of it is haha

Thanks pink.... Sorry it's not alot I still have lots to get... Still have plenty of time right? :haha:

Ok ladies..... DH finished the picture slideshow video for our pregnancy announcement never thought i'd cry.... :cry: Don't worry it's a happy tears... We talked and agreed to put it in public NOW instead of waiting few more weeks (24 weeks, V-day)... Why wait if everything is out of our control, right? DH entitled the video "Picture Slideshow" so our friends/relatives wouldn't have a clue before they open the video.... Will post the video later... :dance:

I know this has nothing to do with pregnancy :dohh: but my little brother (half brother) who I haven't seen since he was very little just got in touch with me on facebook!

Basically to try cut a long story short my father had an affair on my mother when I was six and they split and then a few years later he had my brother to the other woman. I did see him and even looked after him as a baby as my "father" and his mother wherent very capable parents so every weekend when me and my sisters would stay over for a few nights I would basically mother him when I was only a child myself, it was a lot to take on but at the same time I loved looking after a tiny wee baby. Anyways when he was about 4 i decided to stop seeing my father as he was a huge let down, selfish, taking drugs etc and after that the woman left him and I think she has turned her life around now but at the time I seen my brother once in a blue moon and well I just didn't like her very much tbh because of having bad memory's of her and my father off their face and arguing etc. And at the time as a young teen or even 11 or 12 (my memory is bad :haha: ) I was going through a lot myself with anxiety and depression issues cropping up so eventually we just kind of stopped seeing eachother.

When I fell pregnant with Kian and actually a wee bit before tbh I started thinking about him more often and wanting to see him but my anxiety just took over and I couldn't face it with thoughts of ive let him down like our father let us all down by being in and out of our lives and idk the thought of rejection as immature as that sounds just scared me from ever actually biting the bullet and going to see him.

Now he's 13 and has contacted me through Facebook well he added me and I thought wow he's still so little himself and making the first move I need to message him something back!? And I literally stayed up all last night tossing and turning trying to think of what to say :haha: I did eventually messege him just saying something like " have i got the right person here is it really my brother?" :dohh: (I know that's such a crap way to start but I couldn't think of what else to say) and he replied with "yes it's me big sister sarah and then a big smiley face :) , I think that means he's keen on seeing me and can't be holding to many grudges? Does it? Omg this is making me so anxious ive never felt this way before like a mixture of tons of feelings!

He must be messaging me from school on a break as its on 12 am so the replies are slow but he seems really happy to be talking to me, has anyone else experienced something like this? And how did you cope with your anxiety? Haha I feel so bloody silly as he is only 13 and took such a brave step on getting in contact with me! Something I've been wanting to do for over three years now but have chickened out everytime I came close :dohh:

I think he is keen on seeing you Sarah! It was a brave step for him to take a leap of faith and if he could do it so can you. Never too late for you two to have a relationship again. :hugs:

Sorry I don't know what the right thing to say would be but I do know that you learn to swim faster if you've almost drowned. So just jump in hun, you'll be fine and it will be great for both of you to connect again!

Here's it is ladies... Just posted few seconds ago in FB....I think DH found the perfect music. :happydance: It's "unlisted" in youtube so it's not searchable... Will edit after few days including the title and description.... Nothing new here coz you've seen all our photos :haha:

https://youtu.be/ZQ0yvq95wRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0yvq95wRg

Aww Sarah that's lovely, actually brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful brave thing you are BOTH doing.
I have estranged family but they were from before my mother and father got together so not quite the same experience as you and not really much advice other than do what ever feels right for you both.
With any luck he's turned out much more like you from the profound input you must have had on him when he was little.
Wishing you both all the very best of look at reaching out and finally rebuilding your relationships.
Cherish it, my relationships with my estranged brother and sister only deteriorate more and more as I'm past the point of caring or the effort to try with them as unfortunately they take after their mother, are awfully selfish and self centred. I do always wonder if in years gone by they could have been saved if they were willing to put in the same effort I was but it's too late for us now! Don't let you and your brother get to the place me and mine are.
Take things slow, your both still young, you have the rest of your lives to build up your relationships. And don't be worried if the bond you once had isn't there straight away it will more than likley take time and a lot of work from you both.
I wish you the very best

Yes mdscpa you've got plenty of time to get more baby things. I don't think you ever actually stop haha!
Good luck with the FB announcement, I'm sure it must be very nerve wracking finally being 'public' :hugs:

Yes mdscpa you've got plenty of time to get more baby things. I don't think you ever actually stop haha!
Good luck with the FB announcement, I'm sure it must be very nerve wracking finally being 'public' :hugs:

Just did... And of course most of the people back home are already sleeping.... :haha:

Aww well will be a wonderful thing for them to wake up too :D
I always wanted to wait longer but OH just gets too excited haha! Think it's a very hard thing to keep to yourself really, poor bugger

Feels so long already and we felt like it's about time.... :haha: We will keep one secret though and the gender won't be mentioned until birth :haha: not even to our immediate family... Only you ladies know.... :dance:

Thanks for sharing the pics and video mdscpa.awesome to the both. I love the cute little Teddy bear blanket

Sarah. Wow. 13 and reaching out. That's pretty courageous of him. If inside meet, I hope things work out well and u guys can build a good relationship.

I hope they'll be happy it's the first time we shared Adam's pictures....

When did u decide on a name? And of course they will be happy. The video to me is emotional and it's not even my story lol. It's so cute and peacEful. I'm sure u will get positive feedback.

Is it just parents on both sides ur showing the video to u or aunts uncle's cousins etc.

When did u decide on a name? And of course they will be happy. The video to me is emotional and it's not even my story lol. It's so cute and peacEful. I'm sure u will get positive feedback.

Is it just parents on both sides ur showing the video to u or aunts uncle's cousins etc.

We shared to all our friends' list... :dance: We had names for both, a boy or a girl since TTC...

Thanks ladies for the replies :hugs: I managed to get his mums number and she said I am always welcome and can visit whenever! She seems really nice now so fingers crossed! She asked me if I wanted to speak to him aswel and I did :') now he wants to see me Tuesday and he's desperate to meet Kian his first nephew as he said :)
I will be going after my scan as they live near the hospital and my oh is coming with us also as I am literally shitting it :S haha just need to take deep breaths! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->