- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

It's 7:38pm here and I'm going to go to bed soon. My scan is tomorrow morning!! I'll be 5+1... I've been excited and a little scared but now the panic is rushing in. I'm scared there either is going to be nothing there or it's going to be an ectopic.. showing no signs of ectopic but the first scan is always scary.

Good luck! Praying bean is snuggly in your uterus :flower:

It's 7:38pm here and I'm going to go to bed soon. My scan is tomorrow morning!! I'll be 5+1... I've been excited and a little scared but now the panic is rushing in. I'm scared there either is going to be nothing there or it's going to be an ectopic.. showing no signs of ectopic but the first scan is always scary.

Good luck! I didn't know I they could see anything at 5W+1! Fingers crossed for you!

My first on is 6W+2 they should definitely be able to see something by then right?

Good luck radiance with your first scan...its early but they should hopefully still a little bean!!

Although I have a history of ectopics etc they still won't scan here until 7 weeks!!

Good luck for your scan, radiance!!

I'm slowly but surely getting more symptoms now. Boobs are sore, more like a dull pain, but it feels exactly like it did when I was breastfeeding and they were getting a bit engorged.
By the way, for our FTMs: if you're wanting to breastfeed, please make sure you know what to expect, especially the first few weeks. So many times you read stories of women who couldn't breastfeed, because they didn't have enough support and didn't know what's normal and what isn't and how to fix it if something was wrong. There's a few different phone numbers in every country, that you can call 24/7 for advice, la leche league is pretty international I think, then in the UK we have the NCT, and I think there may be an NHS one, too...and there'll be equivalents in other countries. HVs and midwives can also put you in touch with lactation consultants, and it's a good idea to ask for a meeting with one before and just after your baby is born. ANYWAY... :D

I'm feeling really emotional lately, too. I almost cried last night because netflix didn't have a film I wanted to watch. Stupid netflix. I've also gone off my food a bit, not quite nauseous, just no appetite...which again is a good thing because I tend to overeat under normal circumstances. Right now I'm tucked up in bed with a cup of coffee, enjoying some time to myself before my 2 year old demands my attention again. :)

Hope everyone is well!

Wishing you best of luck for your scan Radiance :hugs: x

Good luck Radiance. I am sure all will be fine but understand your fear. x

Well ladies i called the clinic to tell them its a positive result for the first time in 4 cycles of IVF so i got very emotional! they have booked me in for my 1st scan for 23rd of this mth so i will be 6wk5d then so should see a hb by then?
Cannot believe im booked in for a scan! feels utterly surreal <3 xxx

https://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/habeeb80/WP_20141004_001.jpg

Congratulations Africaqueen! :) I'm glad you got the positive you wanted on the digi and it's great that you have a test date already. Hopefully you will see the heartbeat :thumbup: Most people seem to see it between around the 6-7week mark but I do know others that haven't seen it until between 7-8 weeks x

Thanks Kit. I can rest easy(a little,lol) for now ;) Really hope we see a good hb xxx

Fingers crossed for you :) At my early scan I'll be 7+1 based on LMP, but only 6+2 if I go by ovulation because I ovulated quite late in the cycle, so I'm really nervous that we won't see the heartbeat. Hopefully I'll be surprised :)

Good luck for your scan, radiance!!

I'm slowly but surely getting more symptoms now. Boobs are sore, more like a dull pain, but it feels exactly like it did when I was breastfeeding and they were getting a bit engorged.
By the way, for our FTMs: if you're wanting to breastfeed, please make sure you know what to expect, especially the first few weeks. So many times you read stories of women who couldn't breastfeed, because they didn't have enough support and didn't know what's normal and what isn't and how to fix it if something was wrong. There's a few different phone numbers in every country, that you can call 24/7 for advice, la leche league is pretty international I think, then in the UK we have the NCT, and I think there may be an NHS one, too...and there'll be equivalents in other countries. HVs and midwives can also put you in touch with lactation consultants, and it's a good idea to ask for a meeting with one before and just after your baby is born. ANYWAY... :D

I'm feeling really emotional lately, too. I almost cried last night because netflix didn't have a film I wanted to watch. Stupid netflix. I've also gone off my food a bit, not quite nauseous, just no appetite...which again is a good thing because I tend to overeat under normal circumstances. Right now I'm tucked up in bed with a cup of coffee, enjoying some time to myself before my 2 year old demands my attention again. :)

Hope everyone is well!

Yes yes absolutely! Find out too if there are breastfeeding education classes for pregnant couples in your area. While there are women who genuinely are unable to breastfeed, the majority of women who can't is due to lack of education and support. You might think something natural should be easy and you dont need classes (and for many it is smooth sailing) but those first few weeks are full of so many challenges and knowing what to do and what's normal to expect *before* issues arise can be the key between successfully reaching your breastfeeding goal or not :flower:

Thank you for the advice :) I really want to breastfeed so I'll definitely start looking into stuff like that a little bit more once I've seen the heartbeat on a scan -I don't want to get my hopes up too early given my history. :blush:

DH and I both come from quite big families (we're both 1 of 5 taking into account step-siblings) and my extended family is quite large too - My dad is one of 7, my mum is one of 5 and my grandma is one of 11! So a lot of my relatives have young children at the moment - I have a brother under 2, one of my SILs has an 18 month old and a 2 month old and the other has a 3.5 year old, a 2 year old and is also 40+2 pregnant today and then I have at least two dozen other relatives (cousins mainly) under 5 at the moment.

I find it interesting because it seems really common on Baby and Bump to see people breastfeed for 6 months to a year and I see a lot of breastfeeding related signatures going even up to 2 years, but I don't know anybody in real life that's breastfed for more than 3 months and the majority stopped after a couple of weeks. Quite a few didn't try to breastfeed at all and bottle fed straight away. I understand that it's a personal choice, but I just find it really surprising that so many people I know have breastfed - especially despite all the literature handed out during pregnancy pushing mums to breastfeed etc.

I am hoping to breastfeed our baby too :)
Like you Kit, given my history i am very cautious about looking that far ahead and will feel much better after seeing a healthy hb on our scan xxx

:hi: I have just found out I am pregnant :wohoo: and ff says dd of June 16th. Ourt 1st wedding anniversary is the 21st so very excited :)
Wishing everyone a h&h 9mths x

Hi all, its very nice to have a group like this on here. I found out that I am pregnant on Sept 30th and just passed my expected due AF which was on Thursday. I am having a very light spotting on tissue - but sometimes bright red, so I am a little concerned. I had got my blood work done on Wednesday(Oct 1st) and it had then come out to be hcg level of 400, which the nurse said is when you are close to 4 weeks which was true in my case.

I am right now quite scared and cautious - my nurse called in to take my second blood-test and the results would be on Monday so will get to know then whether pregnancy is progressing the way it should or not. First ultrasound for me is due on oct 30th if everything goes on fine till then - my due date is June 10th according to the app.

It's quite good to know there is a group like this :) All the best to all the mommy's to be!

Welcome Mango, and good luck for your next beta. I know how scary it is and i hope all is ok xxx

I really like this write up of the benefits of breastfeeding as it doesn't come across (that I can tell) as being judgmental towards those who didn't breastfeed for long, but just shows the positive effects from breastfeeding (from a few days until 18+ months)

It only touches on the benefits to babies though and doesn't even go into the benefits for mom (reduced risk of breast and ovarian and uterine cancers, reduced risk of osteoporosis, etc)

Personally, breastfeeding for a year was a no brainer for me as we simply can't afford formula. Learning about the benefits of breastfeeding over formula solidified my decision. I had no plans to breastfeed beyond a year, but decided just to let them self wean when theyre ready (currently feeding eldest for two minutes twice a day and youngest semi on-demand but I have been limiting her a bit lately)

I can't fathom how low income people can afford formula, and yet lowest earners have the lowest breastfeeding rates :(

Welcome newcomers. Congrats 30- I saw your ticker in WAGs journal - how awesome wouldn't it be if she joins us here?

Good luck to everyone waiting on scans and betas to alleviate your worries. :flower:
I'm a compulsive worrier myself but with pregnancy I learned that worry really does nothing but cause stress and affect your ability to enjoy being pregnant and bond with your baby :nope: it was hard at first to stop worrying, but I would just tell myself "today I am pregnant and after awhile that's all that mattered :flower:

Thanks for the heads up! My sister wanted to BF but was doing it all wrong and ended up with really bad bruises and sores on her breasts. She wasn't shown properly how to bf at the hospital. Her baby was always always hungry and I don't think she could keep up at the beginning so she changed to bottle. She felt like a failure poor girl. She had emergency c-section and was looking really ill after the birth, she also got mastitis as well. I think her health was also important so it was for the best she moved to the bottle but I think it would have been nice for her to have the correct support in the first place.

I want to breastfeed. My goal would be to at least try for 6 months but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->