- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Wow Daphne that is insane :shock: I'm worried about the winter rains when I'm due. The municipality have started clearing the road sides as we only have 1 road in and out of town (part of why our town is so crime free) and that road sometime floods.
If I go into labour that damn road better be clear :haha:

Pink, my dog sniffs at my belly and licked at it as well. Not sure if it was because of baby or not but he hasn't done it before.

Smartie, maybe they ask for the notes just incase they need to note down something for your doc. Perhaps baby's position or things like that. I understand the nervousness as I got that before my scan too. Cannot wait for your happy updates and pics :dance:

Nilla, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad :( I wish it would all go away and that you could enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hugs:

Smartie:
I've really tried to watch wats gone on as I struggle with my weight and wasn't really doing too bad untill recently but I just have to accept the fact some of that weight is the baby getting big.

I really don't know if I could go thru another pregnancy. This one has been so stessfull with arguing with docs, MW's and consultants. Not to mention the stress on my body.
OH is thinking of going for the snip and if I can't get my consultants to agree on a natural birth I'm going to ask for a hysterectomy on medical grounds while I'm having the c section.
The bmi thing really bothers me as it doesn't take into account the fact I've always been athletic, I played football as a child, then did competition level gymnastics untill the age of about 11, then went on to Olympic wrestling and up until being ill I was weight training so although I'm under no illusions I weigh what I should for my size I think the 9stone they keep telling me is un realistic.
At 10 and a half stone I look severly Ill to the point I was cautioned buy a manager when I worked in a gym I was setting a bad example to customers as I didn't look healthy

Mdscpa isn't it crazy how rain is thought of in different places haha. We hate it here. Rains far too ofter

Oh and I made 100% sure that I didn't have food stuck to my belly either :haha:

So starving myself of food and drink for 12 hours was for nothing! :dohh: midwife couldn't get any blood from me to do the test... :dohh:

Aww no Sarah that's no good!!
I was like that last time I was in hospital as they were unsure if I'd need emergency surgery so wasn't allowed to eat! Stuffed my face after tho haha

Hahahaha wunna u make me giggle x

Oh no, sorry to hear that Sarah - have you got to repeat the test? :(

Ty pink and wanna for the well wishes.

Lol smartie. No worries... awesome shape u are in and I'm sure Oh was happy/HAPPY. if u catch my drift ..only teasing

Bloody hell, Nilla, only just seen your post! How come you're trying to avoid a transfusion? In case things don't go to plan or just to keep things as natural as possible for your baby? It may be a scary process but you could become incredibly ill if you push it until after birth as blood loss during birth won't help. Plus a tougher pregnancy from lack of certain blood cells. I hope you manage to find an alternative or temporary solution for the time being if that's what you really want :flower:

Well, there was no complaints :haha:

Pink - Have they actually put it down to hormone imbalance or is it thyroid related? I envy the plus size mums due to their weight increase not being as much as somebody lower on the BMI and it's less visible on other parts of the body other than bump. There's a chart on babycentre which pinpoints the weight of things at the end of the pregnancy with how much water retention there is, amount of blood increase, baby weight and placenta.

Half of them don't understand what a woman goes through as it's all taught through textbook and not experience - same with midwives in the delivery room. You'll find most of them won't even have a child themselves.
The snip can be reversible so that's leaving options open. If you went for a hysterectomy would you keep your ovaries?
BMI doesn't make sense at all, you could have 9% body fat, weigh 13 stone and be 5'4 yet be classed as obese. It isn't fair at all. They expect people to look like catwalk models to be accepted. I did the NHS BMI calculator and for a 5'4 female they *should* weigh between 7st 10lb and 10st 6lb. That is a big weight gap! I currently weigh 9st 9lb, and it seems so odd they expect somebody taller than me to weigh to weigh less than that. Rihanna apparently weighs 8st 11lb which is hard to believe.

I think a lot of mine and prob what the main difference is that I'm quite muscular. And as we all know muscle weighs about 4-5 times the amount of fat does.
Ohh I'll look at the chart as it will be interesting to see what it says. I don't really get how they expect a slim woman and obese woman to put different amount of weight on personally......if you think a out it to do it healthily wether u weigh 20 stone or 10 a baby and water and placenta surly can't be that much different. So if slimmer women are expected to put more on does that mean some is fat or unnecessary weight and fat ppls is just baby weight?? There doesn't seem to be enough thought or theory for me, but I am a serious over thinker to be fair haha!

I really have no idea what I'd have taken and what I'd keep, it all depends on the effect to my life it would have. Ideally I'd like it all gone but if they said it would make me fatter it would be pointless really.
I also have a lot of female cancers in the family and wanted the faulty gene testing so even if not at point of birth it's been something I've thought about before. And on top of all that being bi polar can really be effected by my periods so a lot of things I suppose would need to be considered.
You know I'm actually unsure if I've ever had my thyroid tested, I did have a few full blood counts and tests that revealed I have very high prolactin and one point but wouldn't have a clue what else was tested for. Also never really approached my doc about my weight so might be an idea x

Are you looking forward to your scan??

Nilla: your very welcome :hugs::hugs::hugs: I can only try and imagine how crappy you must feel, let alone on top of being pregnant

They both weigh the same but you get a larger visual appearance from fat than you do muscle.
I think it's more down to the fact a bigger person already has the essential fats which are needed where as somebody underweight would need to gain that. But at the end of the day, it all depends on your baby's weight. I calculated it up to around 18lbs from the chart but that's a quick rough estimate - LINK there's nothing wrong with overthinking things! I find there's a reason behind everything and try to figure it out.

If the ovaries went then it's an instant menopause, probably not the best idea after birth. Especially being bi-p, might turn into some loon :haha: I have no idea how your hormones would work thereafter or if you'd need synthetic. My mum had one in 2009 or 2010 after she was infested with fibroids, she even bought 100's of sanitary towels for after the op to then realise she'd have no bleeding at all due to her womb being removed :dohh: They took out her cervix too and left her ovaries so she had longer to adapt to natural changes. I thought they instantly check thyroids for any weight problems, as they're normally over or under active. At least you'll have a greater chance of successfully BF'ing if you choose that decision.

As times getting closer I'm feeling calmer. Time is going slowly compared to a usual day >_>

I've just about googled everything I can and I cannot find a place here that does HD scans... :haha: I've just been so amazed by the quality.

I cannot wait for scan pics to come up!!! How long still?

I tried looking for HD scans around my area but no where does them either :(

Just under 2 hr 30 mins to go. I won't be home until 4 hours-ish from now though so patience :p Are all images put onto a disc or only selected ones? I know the DVD is only 15 mins or so long.

When i had my 3D, they put all the images to our flash drive. No DVD though. Can't wait to see your scans...

Okay, I'll be patient :coffee: or not :rofl:

Going out to dinner with dh, we have a voucher for a restaurant and the restaurant has a buy 1 get 1 free pasta special tonight. Use the voucher to pay for 1 pasta and we get 1 free so we basically eat for free :finger: haha I've turned cheap like that hahaha

Just had a look at that link and it's really interesting information Smartie :)

My BMI was over 30 pre-pregnancy, so the chart says I can expect to gain 11-20lbs during the pregnancy. However, I weighed myself this morning and so far I've already gained about 23lbs :(

I did gain a LOT in the first trimester though because I was on a low calorie diet before I got pregnant and going to the gym twice a week. I lost 30lbs from Jan 14 to Sept 14. However, the midwife said I needed to stop the low calorie diet and just try and eat healthily instead because I wasn't eating enough calories for baby. Then I started spotting in first tri and was told to stop going to the gym as well. Between the extra calories and stopping the gym the weight went back on really quickly.

My aim was not to put on more than the 30lbs I'd recently lost... at least if I gain that back I already know that I'm capable of losing it :haha:

Well, I'm back. Just flicking through the pictures :) It was an odd experience, the sonographer was great and OH liked him too. DD was more bothered about the puzzles than the screen :haha: She kept making me laugh which made the sonographer laugh too. He was really pleased with how baby cooperated and had some good shots. I was shocked with some of the news with measurements which is making me rethink my birth as to whether or not I should go in for an ECS, she's currently weighing 2lb 9oz which is 2 weeks ahead average weight, but she's got long legs and big feet! That scan is putting my EDD 4 days ahead too, so I shall see what MW says on 2nd April.

Oh and she's no longer breech and definitely head down :thumbup:
Toes on her forehead
10418414_10155284564980858_8485833222941221403_n.jpg

11113_10155284564800858_8795132750689932045_n.jpg

"Elvis pose" according to sonographer
11082529_10155284560875858_8954310527384863978_n.jpg

10430430_10155284561185858_4007077386031419493_n.jpg

10441407_10155284562045858_4262914492381174020_n.jpg

11060866_10155284563710858_6190189159837516928_n.jpg

10422439_10155284564005858_7743413922338868651_n.jpg

10628031_10155284564095858_8355410182375560361_n.jpg

11041019_10155284564260858_4864528188057486617_n.jpg

10482241_10155284563600858_2123032636929755089_n.jpg

11024611_10155284563470858_8681057940450648392_n.jpg

11088_10155284564175858_2395630729940481588_n.jpg

Those are awesome pictures Smartie.... <3 <3 <3 So glad everything went well....

Edit: now i can finally sleep. It's 12:24 am here already :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->