- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I accidentally got some foundation on one of the white towels and was freaking out about how I was going to get the towel clean etc.

Dh sometimes say I need help because he thinks I'm crazy with OCD. I must however admit that in many ways he has calmed me, there are things that just don't bother me like they would have before we met. He kind of balances me out to a more normal person :haha:

I've always struggled with it but only just got an actual diagnosis this year so kind of a relief but not as I can't do a lot about it. U can take meds but not something I'm prepared to take while pregnant.
If I found foundation on a towel I'd have lost it. Gone and asked for clean ones

I messed the foundation accidentally :haha:

I don't think mine is bad enough to require meds. I don't lock a door 7 times and have rituals etc. I just obsess over things being in lines, clothes being folded a certain way, having things look tidy and organised, cd's according to alphabet and such.

A friend of mine was the same and she had twins, after they were born she had literally no time to obsess over any of the 'small' things and is much more laid back now. Maybe we'll be the same.

Ahh I thought u ment there was foundation on towels from someone else. I'd be trying to clean it haha
Mines how things go away, clothes have to be in a certain order. I can only eat with forks unless it's soup. If things have to be in the right place in fridge, have a thing about numbers, have to put my make up on in a certain order. All sorts like that haha

I can relate with OCD not that i have it but DH does.... :haha: He hangs our clothes after washing by color and by sizes he told me it looks neat and that how his mom do it. When having a meal, he finishes one dish before trying another one so whenever we go out to attend some party he always end up having one because he's already full for another.. At home, give him two dishes and he won't touch the second one until he finishes the first meal. When he started cleaning a portion of the house, expect the entire house will be cleaned.. :haha:

Yep that's me too haha! Once I'm in the mood to clean I just attack the whole house. I have antibacterial wipes everywhere and normally clean every time I go in bathroom or kitchen like wiping tops down and that's what starts it all off!
How ur OH hangs stuff outside is what my wardrobe looks like. Starts with strappy tops in colour order. Then short sleeve, long sleeve, jumpers, coats then skirts in length and dresses in sleeve size and then all in could order from light to dark in each bit!
And that's just the start of it

It always amazes me how one name 'OCD' can cover so many different types of behaviour. Take our 3 stories above, we all have the same 'issue' but we all have different things we do :D

10:30 am here and I'm still in bed... Lazy is kicking nesting's ass :rofl:

i guess that's the reason why DH is not keen on changing diapers... We're still arguing about it. lol Just a thought of it make him squeamish. :rofl: Hoping it will change once Adam is here and pooping everywhere.... :rofl:

Yeah I was just thinking that. I think it's more the way in which your mind approaches things and not so much the things that we actually do. if I know something in my wardrobe is hung up wrong or in the fridge in the wrong place I can't sleep at night. I have to get up and change it!
Also stuff like washing glasses out 3 times before filling them. My mum and dad threw a spoon away because it was the only thing I would eat with and if I couldn't find it I refused to eat lol! It's funny when I think about it and sometimes I'm ashamed of talking about it as I know to most people it must sound so daft but there's just physically nothing I can do once I've started. Also find when I'm stressed it get worse. Or if I get carried away it can get seriously out of control like to the point I could go days with out sleeping or eating. Have to get people to physically stop me

Oh, i think yours is on a higher level than my DH... He can control it once I reminded him about being OCD but i sometimes i do find it just being organized. He always tell me that doctors always find a name for something they thought is not normal (as compared to the general public).

Some times I can control it other I can even begin to imagine how to control myself.
I do also find being organised helps as it's a very low level of ocd that can prevent it escalating. I also have issues throwing things away, old bills, bank statements, cards, clothes that haven't fit for ages and prob never will as I have a niggling voice in my head saying but what if they do at some point lol

Same issues with DH about throwing things away. :haha: He keeps expired credit cards, insurance cards, atm receipts, empty pens, shoes he stops wearing for ages but in good condition, clothes that's too old, appliances boxes (he said he can use when we move), perfume bottles, just anything that he thinks have some use in the future.... Just last Friday when we went for groceries he saw a small Optimus Prime toy on the floor, he picked it up and brought it home. He washed and disinfected it... He's not into collecting toys but he just can't see it put to waste. :lol: Even said, now Adam has his first toy which i won't give of course. He can have it all by himself. :rofl:

Yeah sounds like me, bar the picking the toy up ha! Unless it's a teddy I can take home for ruby haha! Not really any better is it

:rofl: not really.... :haha: Still, as long as nobody is getting hurt having OCD is not a big deal for us....

Haha I like having people I can take the piss out of OCD with tho. Especially people that understand how it is

Ur bump looks great!!
Seems to have done what mine did at 31 weeks and looks smaller as it's dropped. And the rest of you looks like ur shrinking around your bump :D

You are so sweet, thanks Pink :hugs:

I have started getting some bits and pieces together for the hospital bag as the sonographer seems to think Matthew will be here in 7 weeks rather than 9... We'll see though what Matthew thinks :haha:

If Matthew decides at 7 weeks and mine at his due date then probably we'll have them both at the same time... :dance:

Yeah :dance: We have been so close with everything since TTC that it would not surprise me if we did have our babies together. Even if it is 1 or 2 days apart it would still be close enough :D

I paid the company today that will be doing my maternity payments on my behalf. We can claim unemployment from the government for 4 months while on maternity leave. It is just such a hassle with the shit load of forms you have to fill in, long rows to stand in every month to hand the forms in and then waiting for the payments.
This company does it on your behalf for 4 months and you just pay them once off. I did that so now I fill in the forms, post it to them and wait for maternity leave to start on June 2nd :dance: They do the rest for me each month :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->