- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

^ Yes :haha:

But for me it's anything gritty I crave :dohh: like coal , ashes from the fire, them nail files that are made from cardboard and have like sandpaper on them haha and the ultimate one is sand!! I live right beside a beach as well and can smell it everyday , and it's driving me up the walls! :haha: if I could I would just sit there all day crunching the little bits of sand in my teeth.... I know I know it's wierd as heck :haha:
The only two things I have found that ease it slightly is chewing on a wet bath sponge I've even bought one especially for chewing on..... :dohh: and I have an oral b toothpaste for whiter teeth that has little crunchy bits in it so whenever the craving gets unbearable to resist anymore I get a pea size of that and crunch it just imagining that it's sand.... :dohh:

That is so strange, I've heard of it before but have never 'spoken' to someone who has it.

Is it dangerous or can you ask your doc / midwife to give you something for it?

Well it would be dangerous if I was actually going about eating coal and sand etc :haha: but no it's not dangerous just so frustrating that I can't well go eat coal sand etc :haha: some people say it may be a sign of a low of iron and similar things but all my regular blood tests have shown up that I'm not lacking anything :shrug: it was the same last pregnancy my iron was completley fine it was actually after I had Kian that it went a bit low and had to take iron tablets for about a month so could possibly happen again this time round not sure :shrug:
It's so so annoying though :dohh: imagine craving something so bad for months and not being allowed to have it.... Torture! :haha:

I can relate to the torture part when I crave something and cannot get it!

Yeah I was just thinking that. I think it's more the way in which your mind approaches things and not so much the things that we actually do. if I know something in my wardrobe is hung up wrong or in the fridge in the wrong place I can't sleep at night. I have to get up and change it!
Also stuff like washing glasses out 3 times before filling them. My mum and dad threw a spoon away because it was the only thing I would eat with and if I couldn't find it I refused to eat lol! It's funny when I think about it and sometimes I'm ashamed of talking about it as I know to most people it must sound so daft but there's just physically nothing I can do once I've started. Also find when I'm stressed it get worse. Or if I get carried away it can get seriously out of control like to the point I could go days with out sleeping or eating. Have to get people to physically stop me

I am really germ phobic, I hate germs from people, food and people who are unwell is the worst. I won't emoty the bin or wash up because of the food, luckily my hubby does all those bits. I have bipolar and ocd and being on my half meds throughout pregnancy it's a nightmare and now nesting has kicked in im finding it really tough.

I have a scan today to see where my placenta is lying, it was across my c section scar at my 20 weeks scan and they are hoping it has moved as they need to cut the scar at my elective c section in 6 weeks, not long now! Feeling a bit nervous!

Good luck Mileymama, I hope it has moved! Keep us updated on how everything went.

Thankyou wannabubba :) jut need to know everything will run smoothly when it comes to the big day, so worried it's grown into my scar and I will have to have a hysterectomy :( worst case scenario but have been panicking about it since 20 weeks, will be nice once I know what's going on x

Awww wunna that made me smile, I've always wanted one of those dogs haha!

Sarah: yeah I've had the cravings for strange stuff, toilet roll at first. Now it's ice. I've literally just made OH get me a big bag of party ice so I can fill my drinks up and crunch away. Also got really fond of hummus but only realised by accident. I kept having a craving and thought it was for peanutbutter but every time I ate it I still had the craving. OH was eating hummus and I tried a bit and that was it. Was like a light switch went on and I was like "OMG this is what I've been craving" eaten it everyday. And veg, I can't get enough of it. Carrot sticks, broccoli oh and apples! Not that I'm complaining haha
Know it's not quite strange things to eat but been some awful cravings!
Oh and almost forgot I was pretty tempted to try some of ruby's dry food the other day haha!

Hope all goes well mileymamma

Hey I'm back from the scan!
Placenta is still anterior and the bottom of it is attached to my previous scar so may need a transfusion. Will also need to take medication to prevent bleeding too much on the operating table. He weighs 4lb 10oz and looks like his sister but chubbier! I feel a bit nervous knowing the placenta hasn't fully moved and the complications that could arise. They are hoping to scrape away the placenta that's attached to the scar so fingers crossed it all goes to plan ;) only 6 weeks until we meet our baby!

Sorry it hasn't completely moved! You'll be well taken care of and they know about everything in advance. FX it will all go to plan :hugs:

I feel so excited for the ladies with c-section dates! I want natural birth so will be in the waiting game but the c-sections are all in the know of exactly when they will be having their babies. I find myself wishing I had an exact date like I will go into labour on so and so date :haha:

Sorry to hear about that Miley but i'm sure you have the greatest docs that will take care of you and your little boy.... So happy though that you already have a date to finally hold him.... 6 weeks is not too long.....

Sorry it's not great news mileymamma but at least there going in well awear of the situation and will have steps in place to deal with any complications. Sounds like ur in the care of a great team. Ohh 6 wks that's so exciting, I'd love the idea of knowing when she arrived but wouldn't want the c section so will have to take my seat and wait haha

It's getting to be that time....tick tock tick tock

I hope everyone is doing well, haven't been here for a couple months but all is well with me.

I see we had a preemie; I hope things are ok there.

I can't believe it's almost May...

Yip, first June bug was born a while ago and so far seems to be doing well :)

Glad you are doing well still and yes this is getting real very fast! :dance:

I think it must be just me that doesn't feel it's been fast. I can barely remember not being pregnant haha!

Glad our first little june bug is doing well

And good to here from u treeroot and that you and little one are doing well

Late May and June will probably the best days to see birth updates in this thread...

On one hand I would rather have a June baby but most likely will have a May baby. I really can't see myself going overdue. I feel so huge and done already. So weird that right now I feel like I could just go to sleep. But I have to feed the kids lunch before I push for nap time. Looks like I will be napping with them. I plan on bribing them with a trip to the park lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->