- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Haha I was just in a drunk like state from the gas and air it was great! :haha: if by Natural you mean vaginal yes haha well that's the plan! I am going to be started off early this time rather then going natural like I did with Kian as the consultant in the hospital I will be at told me it would be cruel to keep me pregnant any longer then is necessary because of the pains and sickness etc and as for pain relief gas and air all the way! :haha: I was also wanting to try the birthing pool this time but I'm not sure if you can if you've been induced? Need to query about it! :thumbup:

What's your plan so far? Even though it may go out the window as most of mine did last time! :haha:

I'm going to try sooooo very hard to do unmedicated vaginal. I want vaginal and I don't want Matthew to be affected by meds like he might negatively be affected and come out all sleepy.

Fx I can do it. I have to confirm about pain relief as I was under the impression you get nothing but at my last appointment someone told me there is gas and air etc. I'd have it as a back up but I'm going to try and not use it :)

You can do it! I am planning on another VBAC with no meds. I will be staying in a hotel again about a mile from the hospital so I can wait until I feel like I'm ready to go in. Mostly taking this approach because the hospital I'm using no longer allows VBACs so I have to show up in labor and refuse a section. Not ideal but the only other hospital I could try at is where I had my awful experience with my first.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who has their Mother's Day today :)

Miss Fox - I hope that your toddler is feeling better soon! I had some major plans today too for doing some serious cleaning but then woke up with worse pain than usual in my hips/pelvis and just couldn't face it :( Happy 37 weeks for tomorrow :) Sorry to hear that your hospital won't allow a planned VBAC, especially if you've had one already. I hope your plan works and you get the VBAC you'd like x

Eppgirl - Wow, that's tough and I don't think i'd like being in your position either - i'm sure all will be fine though :hugs: Amazing to know you'll have your babies in the next 3 weeks! :)

Wunna - I totally agree, even though our babies aren't here just yet we're all mummies :) I'm in the UK so my Mother's Day was back in March and my mum bought me an amazing card from 'bump' that said Mummy-to-be on the front and I thought that was amazing! :)

I want to do a vaginal delivery too and i'm going to try my best to avoid medications like pethadine/diamorphine because of the effect they can have on baby (sleepy etc) and i want to avoid having an epidural too. At home in early labour i'm planning to try hot water (bath), massage and TENs Machine then when I get to hospital I intend to carry on with TENs Machine and also Entonox (Gas and Air). I might consider the birthing pool if it's available but my hospital only has one and they only use it if it's quiet and there are enough midwives.

I had a bit of a worry this morning :( My partner and I went to Clumber Park (National Trust Park) looking forward to a nice walk before going to my dad's for Sunday lunch. However, when we first got there I went to the toilet and there was some pink/red spotting when I wiped. It briefly got heavier and more red, but after the 4th/5th wipe there was no more spotting.

I was going to phone the emergency midwife for advice, but my phone couldn't get signal there and so, since it stopped, we decided to have a gentle walk and leave if I got any worse. We walked for about an hour to an hour and half and then I went to toilet again to check as we were leaving and there was a really tiny amount on my panty liner (dried) but no more when I wiped.

I did comtemplate ringing the emergency midwife when I got home, but i'd not had any more spotting all day, baby had been active and kicking plus i'd listened to baby's heartbeat on my doppler and everything seems fine so I didn't want to waste their time. Not sure if it was general spotting or maybe start of losing mucus plug or something else, but i'll mention it to midwife at appt. next week and call her straight away if I get any more.

Hope it works for you MissFox! I agree that it is strange they won't allow it even after you've had a successful vbac already!

Kit, that Mother's day card sounds super cute! It would have had me bawling my eyes out.

I'm glad no more spotting, just keep an eye on it. I had brown discharge and thought it was my plug. Called the clinic and they thought I was dilating due to af like pains. Anyway they checked and no dilation.

I then later decided to go to hospital as I didn't feel right with no explanation for the spotting and Matthew wasn't very active. Turns out I had another kidney pipe/bladder infection which caused discharge and was dehydrated.

I've had this infection I think almost 5 times now and it had no "pre" symptoms in my case. So my opinion is if your gut feeling says so, trust it and get it checked.

It is crazy. They said that the insurance the hospital has will not cover them. So the only option for them is to sign an against medical advise waiver.
My littlest little is feeling better. Thank goodness! But my oldest is having a meltdown because she has to clean her room. She never makes t past putting 4-5 toys away and she told me all week she would clean her room for Mother's Day. It was all her idea - I even tried to tell her that she could let me sleep in instead and she chose to clean her room (woke me at 6:45 am and everything). Well now she says she is too tired and spent an hour of cleaning time on sharpening a pencil. I'm a little frustrated. But I think I'm going to take this opportunity to go in there with a garbage bag.

34 Weeks and 4 days pregnant update:

My appointment today went well... Baby Adam stayed in a head-down position since 29 weeks (or from the last 3 appointments) and is still measuring right on target, :dance: FX he stays that way.. We asked if we need to bring something during birth and thankfully they said everything is provided we just need to bring our personal things and baby's going-home clothes :yipee: Time to pack our hospital bag this Friday. All the stuff my mom sent were already washed including the stuffs my colleagues gave me (except for one set i received last night). I also got my prescription for my constipation hopefully it works.....

Next appointment will be after 3 weeks (37w4d) but we are planning to go on my 38th week, June 4, when i'm officially on leave... :dance:

It is crazy. They said that the insurance the hospital has will not cover them. So the only option for them is to sign an against medical advise waiver.
My littlest little is feeling better. Thank goodness! But my oldest is having a meltdown because she has to clean her room. She never makes t past putting 4-5 toys away and she told me all week she would clean her room for Mother's Day. It was all her idea - I even tried to tell her that she could let me sleep in instead and she chose to clean her room (woke me at 6:45 am and everything). Well now she says she is too tired and spent an hour of cleaning time on sharpening a pencil. I'm a little frustrated. But I think I'm going to take this opportunity to go in there with a garbage bag.

This might sound harsh but it really worked. My sister and myself had room cleaning issues as well when we were younger. One day when we came home from school my mom had packed away every single toy we owned. She packed them in the garage.

We pleaded and begged for almost a week before she allowed them back in. She was very strong against the crying and tantrums. Anyway after we got our toys back we agreed to the rule of cleaning our rooms. When we were done playing with something we would pack it away.

Not sure if it would help or if it would be something that you can follow through being pregnant and all etc. :shrug:

Feeling emotional this morning. I have nothing to complain about, my pregnancy has had 0 worries so far, and some of you have had multiple worrisome hospital visits.

Well, I had my first one today. I had a passage of more-then-normal amount of blood early this morning, with no mucus, so my midwife told me to meet her at the hospital and we did some checks.
All seems well, no reason for concern. She thinks it may have simply been a dramatic bloody show.

But honestly, I'm just not ready. And I can't find any examples of a bloody show like that. So, I'm feeling off and a bit stressed. Told work I wouldn't be coming in this morning and I may just work from home for the rest of the day.
Midwife suggested we get the B Strep test done this afternoon just in case.

Everything will be fine, I'm 36 weeks, but I feel very unprepared and much more stressed then before.

I hope everyone had a lovely mothers day yesterday.

:hugs: FX it's really just a bloody show i know how scary seeing blood, i did at 30w4d very dark red spot, I know it's just a spot but it really freaked me out more so seeing more than normal blood.... Maybe it's the start and you may have your baby after 1 week at least by then baby is now considered term.

Sorry for the scare Treeroot. Baby would be fine if you went into labor now. Maybe try to google mucus plug, I came across a site the other day which I cannot recall but they had loads of pics that women sent in of their mucus plugs and some really looked like af to me. Maybe it is just the start of things. Remember you can start losing some in the days or weeks leading up to birth so try not to worry that all is happening at once.

Good luck with your test later and keep monitoring yourself, trust your gut too, if you feel off tell your midwife or Dr.

:hugs: :hugs:

Thanks mdscpa, I have no reason to think it's anything else.
What's frustrating, is when you look for information on it, there's never any examples of non-emergency third trimester medium bleeding. Books and online always just say "call your midwife/doctor/hospital". (Which of course I did!)
I guess it would just be nice to know that someone else has had the same thing!

Holy cow just counted and it's 35 days till my due date.... And I'm most likely going to be induced a week or two early just haven't been given the date yet... :shock:

Holy cow just counted and it's 35 days till my due date.... And I'm most likely going to be induced a week or two early just haven't been given the date yet... :shock:

thats a pretty default pic. you look rejuvenated and fresh. pregnancy glow!

why will you need to be induced early? sorry if you said it already

little update. Abel is doing so much better and will be transferred out of NICU to a pediatric hospital. His health is gradually getting better(no more iv's... yippee) and he is a few ounces above birth weight now and im extremely happy about that. The only thing he struggles with now is regulating his glucose. They were tube feeding him over the course of 2 hours, with an hour break, but now he is being fed for 24 hours straight. never even knew they did such a thing! I was reassured that everything was ok, and once he stabilized, they would go back to the 2 hour tube feeding and gradually decrease that and at the new hospital, they will focus more on helping him learn how to bottlefeed and things related to getting on track to go home. Ive tried breasfeeding twice so far. 1st time went awesome, second time, not so much, but he did great for not being bottle fed and only knowing how to suck from having a paci shoved in his mouth when he cries( i hate that).

the night i got discharged,my hubby went to the er for complications with his brain tumor/meds etc. I had no way of getting home and no way of paying for my meds. A social worker came by, and gave me a voucher to get my meds without paying co pays. they usually are only given to people with no insurance, so she did me a big favor because I have insurance. I went to go get my meds, and the bill for all the meds for me to take was 379 dollars worth of co pays. wowowowowoow. I am so happy happy happy I did not have to pay that. It is so crazy how thigns necessary for your health are so dang on expensive. Imagine if people cant afford that, or dont have a social worker at their hospital to offer such a voucher. Imagine if I was just in er and not postpartum... i feel bad for so many sick people who cant get help. It truly made me ponder and contemplate a lot. I hope and pray none of you ladies have to stuggle with getting necessary health care

34 weeks! I feel like I'm going to explode. Hopefully be scheduling my csection Tuesday for 3 weeks from now as my scar is starting to hurt from being stretched. Don't know how much longer I can handle :wacko:

Attachments

• 1431391199100-1334215423.jpg
    1431391199100-1334215423.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
Wow Eppgirl you look like you are more than ready.
Are you very uncomfy?

Nilla, I'm happy to hear that Abel is doing well and being transferred from NICU!! I think that lady was an angel, not a social worker :hugs:
Are you and hubby okay now? Both have meds and doing fine?

Definitely more than ready Wunna! yes very uncomfy. 😖
My knees feel like they're going to give out on me from the extra weight and the way it's distributed. My belly feels like it literally can not stretch anymore. My back hurts all the time. I'm still having irregular contractions. Babies love to kick where my scar is and it is soooo uncomfortable.
I love my babies to death and I am really going to miss being pregnant, but I can not wait for them to be here! If my doctor says we need to wait ti. 39 weeks I think I might scream. Appointment is at 1:15 so I'll let you ladies know how it goes. Hoping I'll have a date today!

And my legs keep cramping like crazy every time I turn around I bout fall to the ground due to my calves cramping. :wacko:

Lovely HUUUGEEE bump eppgirl.... So sorry for the cramping i always have them at night and it's so painful..... FX you get a date today....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->