- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I've said congrats on the FB group too Smoore but will say it here again - she is soooooooo adorable :D

Well here's my story, will try to shorten it as much as possible. I was discharged yesterday at 6:30pm.

18th
Started sanding and painting the new bed from 2pm, finished 60% of it, back was killing so I thought I'd stop. Then I just had the urge to carry on despite being 9pm. Came in at 10:15pm, felt very poorly and crampy but put it down to painting. Went to bed at 11pm and watched TV fell asleep.

19th
Woke up with an odd tingly BH all over my bump at 2am. It wasn't like with DD1, but honestly I didn't think it was labour either. After 20 mins I started timing them and they were 2min 30sec - 4min apart, lasting 1min. So instantly though BH. Come 2:50am I went to the toilet for a wee then went downstairs to sit on the ball. Contractions were 2-3min apart lasting 70sec. Watched TV and listened to music through headphones to distract myself. Started texting my mum at 4am, knew this was the real deal then told her to go to sleep at 6am and I'll keep her updated. Things stayed the same. DD came downstairs at 6:40am then I told her to get in my side of the bed and wait for OH because her little sister was coming. He came down at 7:10am and went back to bed again leaving me with DD! Bless her, she made her own breakfast as I was struggling to walk, spilt cereal on the floor too trying. At 9am I rang MW to say I was in labour and if I could have my app sooner but she told me to ring L&D so I did at 10am. Went in at 11:30am dropped DD off with MIL on the way to the hospital. Was examined and 4cm so took straight to delivery suite. Offered gas & air - it made me giddy. At 3:30pm I was examined again and 6cm. They broke my waters at 5pm. Asked for diamorphine at 6pm and epidural at 8pm - first 2 failed, only numbed right side then barely worked at all 20 mins later (hit blood vessel), another anaesthetist came in and gave me a 3rd. Again, only worked temporary. Next thing I know another doctor came in, called Paul, I was fully dilated! He said I could deliver now if I had forceps or ventouse, or could wait and see if my body does it for me. I waited.

I was a complete bitch to the midwives from then on and they were super snotty with me! They didn't listen at all. I had pain in my scar, the entire bottom of my bump felt like it was ripping open. They was saying it was contractions and that I had no pain because I had an epidural. They kept inserting fingers into me and telling me to push them out when my body wasn't ready. I was telling them I wanted somebody else to help deliver me, screaming and shouting at them. I remember asking the midwife who delivered for me if she had kids and she said "no but I have 5 years experience in this" and I shouted "yeah from textbooks!" Senior midwife came in and OH loved her, due to her control over me. I asked for Paul back but he went home. I was crying in pain and she told the other midwives to stop what they were doing and I asked her to take me to theatre for an assisted birth. She did. I was taken into theatre, as I was prepped on the bed with my legs in stirrups I said I needed to push. So I was told to go with it. I couldn't stop crying and kept my eyes shut. She used the lowest suction on the vacuum and I pushed 3 times per contraction. Come the 3rd contraction I felt her cut me. It didn't hurt and I could feel babies head coming out. She told OH to look down there :haha: he didn't want to but did anyway, and the other staff in the room laughed at his face. I was told to keep my eyes open as she was coming onto me soon. 4th contraction came and 2 more pushes later, she was out and put straight onto my chest. I couldn't stop crying, then OH cried and started kissing my head. He cut the cord twice (first time the cord was too long). Then next thing I know I was being stitched up but assured it was only a small cut (took around 30 mins!). Staff in there kept saying to me "I've never seen you smile and laugh so much the entire time you've been here" then kept joking with us.

Not the best of all experience, but I got my VBAC, I apologised to the one who delivered me the next day and she said I could have done it by myself as little assistance was needed but the pain got the worst of me. Stitches don't hurt at all unless I'm sat with something hard underneath me. I feel better than I thought I would too. Labour shy of 22 hours in total and 11 or 12 pushes. But yeah, here she is - we've decided on a name change but still haven't picked one :dohh: Baby no name, 7lb 12oz at 22:53 on 19th June at 39+6 :)
I'm finding breastfeeding extremely painful but still perservering. My MW is bringing me some nipple cream which numbs me but doesn't affect baby at all tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 12
Come on babies of Wunna and Pink! All so close now, don't keep mummy (and the rest of us) waiting so long!! It's great you're both having some close symptoms and body is getting ready for action.

I'm glad mine started during sleep time again though because it gave me more of an incline it was happening and wasn't just 'false labour' as the chances of that waking you is slim.

Big congratulations to Sarah, Miley and Smoore! :) :flower: So adorable!

Glad Abel is picking up well and becoming on track, nilla! Catching up to his actual gestation now, which is great :)

Congrats on your vbac smartie! Hope all goes smoothly. I found my vbac said to be so liberating and just an amazing experience.

Congrats Smoore..... :dance:

Aww, love your birth story Smartie.

You're babies are so adorable...... <3

Now, we wait for more babies..... Bring that labour on ladies....

Thanks for sharing your story Smartie! She is so beautiful congrats :flower:
Glad you managed your vbac even with all the pain - you are one strong mommy!

Pink, how are you holding up today?

I'm still getting plug with loo trips but no contractions. Sometimes I get a dull af type ache but my bump isn't tightening. Lots of sharp stabs in my cervix last night as well so hoping that things are still on track and getting ready.

Sorry for posting a bit late but here is my 39 week bump. I haven't any make-up on so please excuse my face :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/X4TCF70l.jpg

Thank you ladies :) Still in so much awe with her. I feel like I want to do it all again right now despite saying no more :haha: Everything is forgotten once they're out and everything is worth it. Last night was awful, she didn't settle at all. Then all the bending forward into the crib made my spine have spasms in bed causing excruciating pain this morning with my pelvis.

MW came with some cream, it moisturised my nipples but still caused pain while feeding then instant dryness :( I had to feed her formula this morning the pain was that bad. I think my positioning is wrong or doing something wrong at least. She now weighs 7lb 7oz still no idea what her length is.

You're looking more than ready, Wunna! As long as the plug is still making an exit, blood or no blood, it's something :) Mine didn't come out until I was in hospital, even then I didn't see it - was on a bed sheet. I had pink watery discharge while at home around 7am-ish.

Thanks Smartie... I wish something more would happen now hahah

I hope you get the hang of breast feeding with her soon. I got a tip to squeeze some of your milk out after a feeding and then rub that on your nipple and areola - "nature's nipple cream" and this should help with dryness.

I went to my midwife today, she said that baby is not engaged at all. I know you can go into labor without baby being engaged, but I just feel so sad right now.. Like nothing's ever going to happen :/

Snorman I wasn't engaged at all at my 39 week appointment. I didn't make it to 40 weeks. I've had free floating babies with all 3! The last person I saw this time told me not to expect this baby to come vaginally because of her positioning and being so high. Mine haven't engaged until well into labor. Hope isn't lost

I went to my midwife today, she said that baby is not engaged at all. I know you can go into labor without baby being engaged, but I just feel so sad right now.. Like nothing's ever going to happen :/

Ah that sucks!!! Do you have a gym/yoga ball?

I swear by it as my baby was engaged 1/5th and then I spent at least a hour each day bouncing gently for a week. Got to my next appointment and he had fully engaged so worth a try if you want :flower:

I was 3/5 engaged at 38 weeks, during labour I wasn't fully engaged. At 4cm my cervix was posterior, baby still high at -2 station. Still plenty of time for things to happen :)

We've decided to call baby Olivia. Pippa and Olivia were our final choices. MW brought the cream but didn't have full effect but think it was down to using it at the wrong time. Did one more bottle feed. My milk supply came in around 3pm and just done a feed off it now, had latch pain but actual feeding was enjoyable for a change. My nipples are so sore I can't even squeeze a drop out before feeding, even after a massage.

Hope Pink isn't posting because things are happening!

I love that name! Beautiful name for a beautiful girl :flower:

I'm also hoping Pink's silence is because she is about to or already gave birth. Cannot wait for an update!!

Finally got proper internet connection back! :yipee: Hey :hi:

Little update on us,

Lily is now almoast two weeks old! I can't believe how quickly it's passing already! She is still sleeping like an angel and is just a dream to look after, always so content <3 and me and oh are truley appreciating it as Kian was ...hmmmm hyperactive even at newborn stage! :dohh: :haha: so fingers crossed Lily stays so chilled out :thumbup:

I can't resist but share some photos I took the other day of my little lady so here they are :kiss: and also one of her and her big brother (he just loves her to bits <3 )

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/661/gGqlW6.jpg https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/540/UkWfBC.jpg https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/673/4lk1dt.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/540/PTLsuf.jpg https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/540/13c8rq.jpg

Also the link to her birth story is in my signature, I finally got round to writing it!

Congrats to you two ladies!! <3 (Sorry if I've missed anyone out I have pages to catch up on, I've missed so much!) there's not many June bugs left to be born now is there? How is Wunna doing?

Small update. I gave birth at 22:53 to a whopping 7lb 12oz lady! It was assisted via vacuum and needed eptosimy (sp?). She's so small though, fits nicely in tiny baby. Unsure of length thus far. Had gas and air, diamorphine, 2 failed episurals and 1 successful one. Traumatic labour. I was a bitch to the last 2 mw's, doctor and anthesiest. I couldn't get her to breastfeed but she latched by herself for over an hour!! Will update with pi pics tomorrow xx

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is doing well!

Rylan Olivia was born on June 10!

She weighed 7 lb 6 oz when born and was 19 inches long. I have enjoyed every minute of having her here and haven't been online much.

Love her pictures sarah. Kian holding his sister is so sweeeeeettttt!!!!!! <3

So many beautiful babies!!

Smartie - your sweet little one was born on my birthday!! :)

My gorgeous boys. &#10084; 2nd pic is of Connor 3rd is William.

Attachments

• 20150622_203247.jpg
    20150622_203247.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150622_203255.jpg
    20150622_203255.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150622_203304.jpg
    20150622_203304.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Sounds really good that so many of your babies didn't engage until late/at all! Gives me hope :D
Yes I do have a gym ball! Maybe I should bounce a little then :D

Such beautiful little babies <3 Getting all emotional here! So pretty, so pretty. Can't wait for mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->