- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today. Good here. Still taking forever to fall asleep at night. On the bright side I'm getting a lot of reading done :). DH is in the national guard and has a 3 day drill so it's just me and the dogs this weekend. LOTS of housework to get done unfortunately.

Googily - My goodness, what an experience! I'm so glad to hear you're in a much better and happy place in life.

We definitely have a name picked for a boy, Van Douglas. Van was DH's grandfather's name who he REALLY really looked up to. He passed away suddenly after a fall 3 years ago when DH was on a deployment to Afghanistan. We were lucky none of the cousin's took the name before us! Douglas is DH's middle name as well as his dad's. As for a girl, we are leaning towards Maggie Maree. My maternal grandmother's name was Margaret and I've always loved the name Maggie. Then Maree is my mom's middle name.

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today. Good here. Still taking forever to fall asleep at night. On the bright side I'm getting a lot of reading done :). DH is in the national guard and has a 3 day drill so it's just me and the dogs this weekend. LOTS of housework to get done unfortunately.

Googily - My goodness, what an experience! I'm so glad to hear you're in a much better and happy place in life.

We definitely have a name picked for a boy, Van Douglas. Van was DH's grandfather's name who he REALLY really looked up to. He passed away suddenly after a fall 3 years ago when DH was on a deployment to Afghanistan. We were lucky none of the cousin's took the name before us! Douglas is DH's middle name as well as his dad's. As for a girl, we are leaning towards Maggie Maree. My maternal grandmother's name was Margaret and I've always loved the name Maggie. Then Maree is my mom's middle name.

Drill definitely sucks. I have drill this weekend too. Oh well, pays the bills. Thank your husband for his service!!

Drill definitely sucks. I have drill this weekend too. Oh well, pays the bills. Thank your husband for his service!!

Thank YOU as well! It's definitely a pain at times, but the extra money is nice. He's currently a battery commander and is planning to get out after their next AT. Normally that is in July, but next year they are planning for it to start May 29th and possibly last 3 weeks. I'm due about June 4th... soooo ya. He'll be able to come home for a little while, but still makes me nervous!

Woo just popping in to say the lightheadedness is hitting me hard today. I had very few symptoms my first time around, wonder if I will have more this time.

Any tricks to keep that one at bay? Don't stand up too fast, haha. Drink more water?

I had lightheadedness yesterday, along with cramping. Today, nothing! I am a lot more well rested today so that might be it. Try sleeping more :)

I took another test first thing this morning and my line wasn't any darker at 10dpo so I'm starting to worry a little. I know it's early but I'm so scared. I don't think I realised how much I wanted this until it happened. I want so badly for this to be a sticky. I bet 1st trimester drags!

I think I might tell my sister today. I was the first person she told (after her bf of course). She told everyone very early on. I don't think the thought of MC even entered her head. Maybe that's what I need to do. Think positive or not at all!

Ugh. So, I was cramping pretty bad and I have not been able to get an OB to call me back so I went to the ER. turns out I was dehydrated a bit (which I had 5 bottles of water today), my potassium was low and I had a UTI. The doc asked about my LMP, and then told me that they couldn't find an intrauterine pregnancy, and that I may not have a viable pregnancy. I told him that I had just gotten my nexplanon out and that didn't happen until aug 25th and that I believe we conceived on sept 11. He asked when I found out I was pregnant and I said yesterday by blood. And then he said that my HCG was 868, and that I may be normal then. Ugh. Goodness. Heart ache. :dohh:

Ugh. So, I was cramping pretty bad and I have not been able to get an OB to call me back so I went to the ER. turns out I was dehydrated a bit (which I had 5 bottles of water today), my potassium was low and I had a UTI. The doc asked about my LMP, and then told me that they couldn't find an intrauterine pregnancy, and that I may not have a viable pregnancy. I told him that I had just gotten my nexplanon out and that didn't happen until aug 25th and that I believe we conceived on sept 11. He asked when I found out I was pregnant and I said yesterday by blood. And then he said that my HCG was 868, and that I may be normal then. Ugh. Goodness. Heart ache. :dohh:

My heart was pounding reading your post...I got to the end and felt relieved. Surely it would be too small to find it right now. I have a feeling that it'll be okay for you and nice and sticky in the right place. But wow at that HCG. I'm wondering what mine is. I probably should go to the doctors soon to get it confirmed. I'm just so scared that it won't show up yet at the doctors with my faint positive line. Don't want to look like a loon, especially since I'm in a foreign country and can't explain myself properly.

My heart was pounding reading your post...I got to the end and felt relieved. Surely it would be too small to find it right now. I have a feeling that it'll be okay for you and nice and sticky in the right place. But wow at that HCG. I'm wondering what mine is. I probably should go to the doctors soon to get it confirmed. I'm just so scared that it won't show up yet at the doctors with my faint positive line. Don't want to look like a loon, especially since I'm in a foreign country and can't explain myself properly.

Oh I tell you, when he started talking, my heart jumped into my throat for sure. I'm sure your line will get darker and darker. Remember, HCG doubles every 72 hours, so your line would prob get darker after 3 days. Maybe...that's what was explained to me

Oh I tell you, when he started talking, my heart jumped into my throat for sure. I'm sure your line will get darker and darker. Remember, HCG doubles every 72 hours, so your line would prob get darker after 3 days. Maybe...that's what was explained to me

How nerve wrecking for you! I'm sure everything is just fine. It's definitely early so very possible nothing would be visible yet. HCG levels sound good!

Normal doubling time for HCG is 48-72 hours so I don't think it's concerning that your line wasn't any darker today. Maybe try again in a couple of days. I totally understand the worry, though! I've had a little cramping/pain on my right side where'd I'd had the ectopic. I've read it's completely normal to have pain there during a viable pregnancy after an ectopic, but I still keep freaking out that just maybe it's another. I hate not being able to completely enjoy this stage, but it can be so stressful!

hope it's okay i'm still lurking and stalking this thread...bfn today at 9dpo:dohh: but still holding out for a june bug:flower:

My names are:
Celina for a girl, and Kenzo for a boy. Both semi designer names. Celina is easier to pronounce for Japanese people than Celine. I won't type out the Japanese because you won't be able to read (neither can I though), so those are the western spellings.

i love talking names. before i met my husband, i dated a couple japanese guys and always brainstormed about names that would work in both languages. and i'm always curious what names people pick. what's the current "PC" term for japanese/non-japanese kids? i know there was a huge backlash from the term "hafu" in japanese in recent years. i've heard a lot of words thrown around. does your husband use one in particular?

anyway, i LOVE the names you guys have picked!! i would think though, that since Celine ends in an "N" sound, it would be doable in japanese? (for those that don't know, all japanese words end in a vowel or N, due to the phonetics of the characters) i knew a girl whose name was Selina, but didn't know her kanji. is your husband, or his parents, going to pick the characters? or are you gonna have the shrine priest pick? and i LOVE names with Zs. kenzo won't get butchered in english either, like a lot of japanese names:thumbup:

sorry, so many questions:blush: am actually sort of jealous...when i married my (american) husband, all "dreams" of naming my kid something japanese sort of went out the window as i know eventually they will most likely live in the US and, with our genes, probably be light haired and light eyed, so a japanese name might just be setting them up for difficultly later, you know?:roll:

hope it's okay i'm still lurking and stalking this thread...bfn today at 9dpo:dohh: but still holding out for a june bug:flower:

My names are:
Celina for a girl, and Kenzo for a boy. Both semi designer names. Celina is easier to pronounce for Japanese people than Celine. I won't type out the Japanese because you won't be able to read (neither can I though), so those are the western spellings.

i love talking names. before i met my husband, i dated a couple japanese guys and always brainstormed about names that would work in both languages. and i'm always curious what names people pick. what's the current "PC" term for japanese/non-japanese kids? i know there was a huge backlash from the term "hafu" in japanese in recent years. i've heard a lot of words thrown around. does your husband use one in particular?

anyway, i LOVE the names you guys have picked!! i would think though, that since Celine ends in an "N" sound, it would be doable in japanese? (for those that don't know, all japanese words end in a vowel or N, due to the phonetics of the characters) i knew a girl whose name was Selina, but didn't know her kanji. is your husband, or his parents, going to pick the characters? or are you gonna have the shrine priest pick? and i LOVE names with Zs. kenzo won't get butchered in english either, like a lot of japanese names:thumbup:

sorry, so many questions:blush: am actually sort of jealous...when i married my (american) husband, all "dreams" of naming my kid something japanese sort of went out the window as i know eventually they will most likely live in the US and, with our genes, probably be light haired and light eyed, so a japanese name might just be setting them up for difficultly later, you know?:roll:

Yeah I believe Celine is probably doable but I think there also would maybe be a problem with the Kanji. Anyway my husband prefers Celina so Celina it is haha. My husband is in charge of the Kanji :winkwink: for Celina it will be Serina in Japanese, three kanji. I wanted to have 梨 (Asian pear) as the kanji for "ri" because I love them but sadly my husband says we shouldn't use that one.

I actually have a friend back home that had a baby a year and a half ago and my friend is half french half American but was born and brought up in Japan so she had to think of a name that worked in French, Japanese and English. She chose Juno and she also has kanji for her name.

Anyway good luck for this cycle! P.S can you get American pregnancy tests on the base? I'm jealous if you can. I'm fed up of the choice of three (all non digital) that you can get in Japan. I really wanted to get a digital one haha. I was wondering what life on the base is like? Are you allowed to leave? (I'm totally ignorant with these matters).

Hello all,
Looks like everyone is doing well.

Poysenivye - Reading your experience I was so anxious...glad everything went well...

AFM - I have been BUSY BUSY at work...so hardly got any time to notice my symptoms....This is my second...and I realize I am not as paranoid with this pregnancy as I was with my first. I get random stretching pains and that scared me when I was pregnant with my daughter but now I am not scared and frankly I am not paying that much attention to them :D!

More about me - I am probably the oldest of the lot here :)! I turned 34 in Aug so will be almost 35 when this baby is born. We started late and there is nothing different I would have done if I had to relive my life :)!

We just moved states couple months ago and so I didn't have an OBGYN and I picked one just a few weeks ago and had scheduled a first consult with her on Oct 1. It just so happened that we got lucky this cycle and now I get to go see her at 5 weeks pregnant...which is nice...I am hoping and praying i really like her and she is allowed to deliver at the nicer hospitals here...

We haven't even started picking names yet...too far away from that...I think with my daughter we only started after we found the gender :D! It just cut our work in half hehe..my almoist 3 year old tells me every day that it is her baby sister in my tummy..so who knows..may be she knows something I don't :D!

Yeah I believe Celine is probably doable but I think there also would maybe be a problem with the Kanji. Anyway my husband prefers Celina so Celina it is haha. My husband is in charge of the Kanji :winkwink: for Celina it will be Serina in Japanese, three kanji. I wanted to have 梨 (Asian pear) as the kanji for "ri" because I love them but sadly my husband says we shouldn't use that one.

I actually have a friend back home that had a baby a year and a half ago and my friend is half french half American but was born and brought up in Japan so she had to think of a name that worked in French, Japanese and English. She chose Juno and she also has kanji for her name.

why no pear kanji? i love them, too. should be the season for them right now too!! i feel like i see it in names here and there...?:shrug: i think there are a lot of RI characters though, so i'm sure you'll find one you both like! i like 奈 and 那 for NA characters but SE is a tough one. seems like 星 is popular in recent names like Seira, Sena, etc. but as much as i love stars, not sure i could use it in my kid's name:shy: looked up names on a japanese site and came across a character i didn't know: 芹 SERI seems to mean parsley and is one of the green plants used in the rice dish eaten on the 7th day of the new year in japan (never had it, but heard of it:haha:). the site i looked at said it blooms in summer:thumbup: (https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/125284/m0u/picture/0/)

sorry, i'm really bored today:blush::haha:

p.s. LOVE the name Juno. wanted 樹乃 for the characters. one of my best friends in japan has that same NO character...maybe i can convince my husband? am thinking he'll veto it because of the movie though:roll:

Anyway good luck for this cycle! P.S can you get American pregnancy tests on the base? I'm jealous if you can. I'm fed up of the choice of three (all non digital) that you can get in Japan. I really wanted to get a digital one haha. I was wondering what life on the base is like? Are you allowed to leave? (I'm totally ignorant with these matters).

thanks. yeah, the base is basically like mini-America. (for someone who chose to move to japan and enjoyed living here, it was a bit of a disappointment and there was some reverse culture shock for me when i moved on base. and it's far from the station:dohh: but my husband has to live on base, so it was not a topic that was even up for debate/discussion if we wanted to live together...um, duh?:haha:) but it's like living in Any-Small-Town, USA. there's a Chili's and the bank, post office, bowling alley, movie theater, high school, middle school, 2 elementary schools, gym, pool, grocery store and then one other store that's like a scaled back version of walmart. they have a handful of different brands of pregnancy tests, a couple blue dye, a couple pink and i think one brand of digital.

i'm just a civilian, so they scan my military issued ID at the gate, but otherwise, i can come and go as i want. i was working in tokyo, near shibuya, for awhile, but the long commute (and work-related BS:roll:) just got to be too much, so i quit. my husband has stricter rules though. it's a totally different world than anything i've ever known (military, government, base life, etc), so i totally understand your questions. i had no idea what i was getting into!:haha:

thanks. yeah, the base is basically like mini-America. (for someone who chose to move to japan and enjoyed living here, it was a bit of a disappointment and there was some reverse culture shock for me when i moved on base. and it's far from the station:dohh: but my husband has to live on base, so it was not a topic that was even up for debate/discussion if we wanted to live together...um, duh?:haha:) but it's like living in Any-Small-Town, USA. there's a Chili's and the bank, post office, bowling alley, movie theater, high school, middle school, 2 elementary schools, gym, pool, grocery store and then one other store that's like a scaled back version of walmart. they have a handful of different brands of pregnancy tests, a couple blue dye, a couple pink and i think one brand of digital.

i'm just a civilian, so they scan my military issued ID at the gate, but otherwise, i can come and go as i want. i was working in tokyo, near shibuya, for awhile, but the long commute (and work-related BS:roll:) just got to be too much, so i quit. my husband has stricter rules though. it's a totally different world than anything i've ever known (military, government, base life, etc), so i totally understand your questions. i had no idea what i was getting into!:haha:

Wow! So i guess though when you have to give birth, you'll have to venture out to one of the hospitals. It is okay for you though because you can speak Japanese. I have only been living in Japan for 6 months so still new at all this, I'm excited for my Japanese classes to start on the 1st. Hopefully i might be able to speak a lot more by the time I give birth! I hope so! We have been looking at hospitals today, early I know but I heard it is better to go to the same place all the way through the pregnancy if possible so im thinking where i should make my first appointment for confirmation.

Yeah I think so far my husband has 星 picked for Se but Im not sure he is totally decided yet anyway...I might be able to get some nashi in there after all. Still the "ri" he has chosen means Jasmine 莉 and i like that too. For na 奈.

kenzo might be 兼宗

Juno is 珠乃 :thumbup:

Good luck Shilo, fingers crossed for you. Man, this afternoon at work, I stood up to write something on my board and I had to lean against it because I got tunnel vision and my arms and legs felt like they were going to give out and then it all went black. But I stayed leaned against the board until it passed. Man, not cool. I need to run today. But I'm going to relax.

Are you a runner? I'm thinking about starting up again gently as there's a fun 5k race in my town next month but I haven't gotten my butt out there lately.......

Well, I am in the military, so I have to stay in shape anyway. But my 9 year old has decided that he wants to run a 5K sometime soon, so I've started training with him so that he can be successful. The 5K runner app is really good if you want to start from nothing to something and allow your body to get into it gently. And getting my butt out there is definitely the hardest thing for me too!

Right on! And good for your son!! :thumbup:
I used to run a fair bit and did my first half marathon last year but ever since then, I kind of fazed out of it. Not sure why, just lazy I guess! lol I think a 5k would be okay now but knowing how pregnancy goes (all that pelvic pressure and whatnot), the running likely won't last!

Wow! So i guess though when you have to give birth, you'll have to venture out to one of the hospitals. It is okay for you though because you can speak Japanese. I have only been living in Japan for 6 months so still new at all this, I'm excited for my Japanese classes to start on the 1st. Hopefully i might be able to speak a lot more by the time I give birth! I hope so! We have been looking at hospitals today, early I know but I heard it is better to go to the same place all the way through the pregnancy if possible so im thinking where i should make my first appointment for confirmation.

Yeah I think so far my husband has 星 picked for Se but Im not sure he is totally decided yet anyway...I might be able to get some nashi in there after all. Still the "ri" he has chosen means Jasmine 莉 and i like that too. For na 奈.

kenzo might be 兼宗

Juno is 珠乃 :thumbup:

oh, oops, there's a hospital here too. that's where my husband works:haha: but, it's not very big and, for some things, you do have to go to off base hospitals. even speaking japanese, hospitals were the one thing i used to travel all the way across the city to go somewhere with an english speaking doctor. even still, sometimes the medical terms were words i didn't even know in english!:wacko:

and i have heard the same about "getting in" early - apparently they get totally booked up by certain point (based on due date?) and then won't accept any more?:shrug: but obviously i'm not sure on that. definitely worth having a look around! in what area do you live/are you looking?

also, i tend to think japanese docs aren't used to having "conversation" with their patients, but more that the doctor just tells you and that's it. so might be interesting to meet some of the staff/doctors and pick one that seems to "get" you and your husband and your situation, if you can be picky. also, be warned, they will be sticklers for weight gain.:roll:

didn't realize 莉 meant jasmine. very pretty:flower:

Hello Ladies Im praying to join yall. The top test is from this morning the bottom from tonight. Cb digital was neg. But i know its early.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 61
Congrats, Dixie! When is your due date so I can get you added?

My 10DPO beta was 12.5, 13DPO was 63 and 17DPO was 300 with a doubling time of 42 hours. It needed to be atleast 252 so I'm happy it's over that but I was hoping for a bit higher. I go back for another beta on Monday. I don't know why but I'm feeling a bit down. I feel like everyone I see online has higher HCG and doubling times than me at this point. After my last pregnancy being a miscarriage, I'm feeling pretty down and pessimistic today :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->