- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Oceania, I think they don't diagnose high blood pressure until you've had 3 "bad" readings in a row (not in the same day of course) do you think it may be to do with you rushing to go see the docs? Can you buy or borrow a blood pressure monitor to keep track of it and hopefully ease your mind?

Last time I was pregnant they always measured my blood pressure twice, once with the upper arm sleeve thingy and once with one of those monitors you'd get to use at home that go on your wrist. Apparently it's hard to get a good upper-arm reading on more overweight women, so they were trying to see if the wrist monitors were as reliable. So maybe the nurse was just having a hard time getting a good reading.

Thanks Snufkin. The nurse was telling me the wrist ones are no good (I wonder why) and checked it twice with the upper arm thing, the 2nd one was even higher. I was very nervous though and having DH there didn't help -- I know he is not happy about my obesity issues and worried about my health. It is my birthday 11th of November and I will ask my mom to get me one as an early bday present so I could be checking the levels at least weekly at home without feeling any pressure.

I'd get one. In my case the readings were always close enough, and the midwife was positive they'd get approved for use with very overweight/obese patients soon. Maybe the nurse just doesn't like them because they're all automatic and you don't need any medical knowledge to use them? Who knows! Being nervous won't help, and I think the fact your second reading was even higher supports that. I'm also overweight, BMI of 31 I think, and I had a slightly high reading when I saw the nurse a few weeks back but have checked my blood pressure at home since and only had a slightly high reading again just after I had been rushing about. It has scared me though and I will be exercising more (as soon as this terrible all day sickness eases up a bit, I can hardly move some days, never mind exercise!) swimming and walking are both meant to be good and gentle on pregnant bodies.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on as of late, I have been reading and catching up on things. I have been so busy as of late at work, and closing on my new house and running after my toddler and all my other kiddos, I haven't had a moment to even say hello. So...
Welcome all newbies! Congrats to everyone and I hope things are going well!
Nik: thanks for asking about me, I am well, so far...and I am sorry about your little one. I have been sharing your story with my DH, I call you the "UK Japanese woman"...he's also concerned and sends you prayers of comfort and ease.
I have been hungier lately, but I think it's more that if I keep my mouth occupied, I feel less nauseated (thank goodness guys aren't on this thread, I am sure I would have placed myself in a position of severe mockery). So, I eat every now and again, as of right now, beef doesn't look too good and I have been eating a lot of hot dogs...odd...I get dull and achy cramps at the end of the day which make going to bed super difficult. The hubs is out of town right now, which sucks...but oh well....

Kdmalk, I will keep my fingers crossed you hear some good news today :hugs:

I had my first appointment today at the government prenatal care unit. It went well otherwise BUT my blood pressure was super high, higher than it has ever been. I am very overweight (BMI 39) but my blood pressure has been ok before, it was ok even two weeks ago. The nurse measured it twice and it was around 160/95. Apparently they won't do anything about it now, I just need to cut down on salt and exercise. Now I'm terrified of something going wrong with the baby and developing pre-eclampsia and I wish they could just start a blood pressure medication already. I am terrified of miscarrying as well and baby not getting all the nutrients it needs. This might explain why I have been feeling so dizzy in my pregnancy. I have some bloodtests coming up in two weeks but next checkup is late november. Should I try contacting a nurse/doctor again and voice my concerns and ask about a possible medication for blood pressure to reduce pre-eclampsia risk? So worried :cry:

I wouldn't worry for just one high reading. I had high blood pressure all through my last pregnancy. Most of it was nerves. They would have me lay on my left side for 5 minutes and then do a second reading and it would normally come back down. I never developed preeclampsia (I was tested several times to be sure) but at the end they did induce me a couple days before my due date because I had a really high reading that wouldn't come back down. I second the others suggestions to get a blood pressure cuff and test on your own while you are relaxed. My readings were always normal at home.

So again. Try not to worry about one high reading. It could just be nerves, or excitement, or even if you were just moving right before the reading. My doctor always took it right after rushing me back to the room so that probably didn't help. I never took any medicine for mine and I have a perfectly healthy toddler running around.

Someone must be able to recommend something to take away this sick feeling. I have tried seabands they dont work on me. I feel sick all the time from the minute i wake up. Only relief i get is when i eat and then minute i stop it starts again. I cant make myself be sick which i think would relieve the symptoms. I was in bed all day yesterday and deliberately went to sleep at 7.30pm just so i didnt feel sick. I had taken today off as a holiday and i am so glad i did because i have been ill all day. My poor daughter is getting no attention because i feel rotten. I have burst into tears a few times today. My oh works shifts and this is his back shift week so hes been out from 10am and wont be hope until 11pm so i dont even have his support. Last week was great because when i came home from work my dinner was made and waiting on me and i could put my feet up. I am also running a bit of a temp of 38.2.

Feeling pretty nauseous throughout the day here too, certainly not contained to just the morning unfortunately. Its been worrying my kids, when they here me retching which makes me sad. Think its worse when i am hungry but I can't eat constantly. :(

Well I finally heard back from the dr. They are going to see me first thing tomorrow morning. I really wish she had been able to squeeze me in today, but at least i don't have to wait until Wednesday. Honestly, I just feel this pregnancy is doomed. Baby isn't measuring right, HCG isn't even CLOSE to doubling on time. I just need to make it through today. I feel numb. I'm redoing some manuals at work, and I'm really glad I volunteered for such a stupid, menial task because I can just mindlessly work my way through each book making sure everything is updated. I shut my office door and people have pretty well left me alone, so they know something is up. Fortunately I have a two hour webinar coming up in about an hour, so that should eat up some of my day. I just need this day to go by really quickly. I'll update you guys in the morning.

Thanks so much for all of the support and well wishes.

Well I finally heard back from the dr. They are going to see me first thing tomorrow morning. I really wish she had been able to squeeze me in today, but at least i don't have to wait until Wednesday. Honestly, I just feel this pregnancy is doomed. Baby isn't measuring right, HCG isn't even CLOSE to doubling on time. I just need to make it through today. I feel numb. I'm redoing some manuals at work, and I'm really glad I volunteered for such a stupid, menial task because I can just mindlessly work my way through each book making sure everything is updated. I shut my office door and people have pretty well left me alone, so they know something is up. Fortunately I have a two hour webinar coming up in about an hour, so that should eat up some of my day. I just need this day to go by really quickly. I'll update you guys in the morning.

Thanks so much for all of the support and well wishes.

*HUGSHUGSHUGS* Hoping and wishing for the best darling!

Kdmalk hope you can keep busy until tomorrow. The waiting game is the worst!!

Oceania I agree one high reading is not enough to go on for blood pressure meds especially if your blood pressure is otherwise normal then medication would actually be more harm than good. It'd be best to just take the advice for now and monitor it :hugs:

Afm had my appt this morning. Levels were good apparently, although didn't quite double which they didn't seem concerned about since the 2nd draw wasn't quite 48 hrs later. I'll have an ultrasound Thursday to see if we can see a heartbeat. I'll be 6w6d so I'm really hoping we can! It's at 3 pm it'll be a long wait that day :/

Kisses, do you know what your numbers were? We are technically in the same place if I go with the new due date. I know you aren't supposed to compare numbers, but I'm just curious.

Idk the exact numbers unfortunately :/ my drs laptop shut off as soon as she got in the room but she did say it was 9000 'something' ok the 23rd then 16000 'something' on the 25th.

Just looked at my reports online and the 1st draw was 9451. 2nd draw isn't on there yet.

Kdmalk I can imagine how worried and stressed you are. Thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes!

kissesandhugs good luck with the US. I wouldn't be too worried since they weren't. Can't wait to see the pics :)

AFM I am 6 weeks on wednesday and still haven't seen a doctor haha. Not stressed at all though. They aren't going to give me a scan until 12 weeks anyway. Still no MS either. It feels so weird not feeling pregnant. I'm not letting myself get attached until I hear the heartbeat. What a long wait.

Sorry to have joined, and then never say much. I have been sick the past couple weeks and haven't felt like getting on. I went to my fertility clinic today and they gave me Zofran for the m/s so hopefully I'll be feeling better all the time again. I had my first u/s. They put my due date at June 16th instead of the 15th like I was thinking. And, I'm having twins! Both were measuring 6w6d, and had good heartbeats. So, I'll need to be updated on the front page.

30mummyof1 ~ My kids don't like it when I throw up either. If I get the bucket right under my face, "just in case," they run to their rooms and close the door.

kdmalk ~ :hugs: I hope everything turns out well for you!

raelynn ~ Hey!

Hopefully I can start getting on here more often and get to know everyone better. :thumbup:

Sorry to have joined, and then never say much. I have been sick the past couple weeks and haven't felt like getting on. I went to my fertility clinic today and they gave me Zofran for the m/s so hopefully I'll be feeling better all the time again. I had my first u/s. They put my due date at June 16th instead of the 15th like I was thinking. And, I'm having twins! Both were measuring 6w6d, and had good heartbeats. So, I'll need to be updated on the front page.

30mummyof1 ~ My kids don't like it when I throw up either. If I get the bucket right under my face, "just in case," they run to their rooms and close the door.

kdmalk ~ :hugs: I hope everything turns out well for you!

raelynn ~ Hey!

Hopefully I can start getting on here more often and get to know everyone better. :thumbup:

Congratulations on the twins!!!

Yay for twins!! :)

AFM: Having some VERY light brown spotting today. Nothing external only when I wipe (tmi). Mild cramping this AM but nothing much since then....trying not to panic. I have my first visit with my doctor on Wednesday so I'm hoping for some reassuring news. I haven't felt very positive about things lately...but I'm trying....I was hoping for no more bleeding as that seems to set me off and it takes days to recover from. Even though it's always been so light that it's only been seen on tissue and the last occurance was two weeks ago today and it was pink while today was brown.

Just holding on until 11am on Wednesday. :wacko:

Oh my momof3girls TWINS!! Congrats and I hope the ms calms down for you :hugs:

AFM: Having some VERY light brown spotting today. Nothing external only when I wipe (tmi). Mild cramping this AM but nothing much since then....trying not to panic. I have my first visit with my doctor on Wednesday so I'm hoping for some reassuring news. I haven't felt very positive about things lately...but I'm trying....I was hoping for no more bleeding as that seems to set me off and it takes days to recover from. Even though it's always been so light that it's only been seen on tissue and the last occurance was two weeks ago today and it was pink while today was brown.

You sound exactly like me. About 1.5 weeks ago I noticed a bit of light brown tinged cm when I wiped and now again on the weekend I noticed a bit. It's cleared up again. Hoping this is normal for us. Will you be getting a scan on wed?

You sound exactly like me. About 1.5 weeks ago I noticed a bit of light brown tinged cm when I wiped and now again on the weekend I noticed a bit. It's cleared up again. Hoping this is normal for us. Will you be getting a scan on wed?

Well, we are right at the same point! Maybe this is totally normal. :) I have no idea if I'll be getting a scan on Wednesday. I'm going to try and push for one because I could really use some proof that everything is okay but I don't know if my doctor will allow it. Have you had a scan yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->