- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Lol radiance you weren't very subtle about it were you? I told my fam over the weekend. They wer very surprised.

Good surprise? I ended up posting our scan picture and sharing :) I'm awful at waiting to share!!

Glad you at your son are ok Susanna, that would have been scary!

Welcome newcomers.

Snufkin and Rach i hope you both get approved for homebirth (though my understanding from talking to midwives who have moved here from the UK is you can still refuse to go to hospital and they'll have to send you a midwife even if you weren't approved). I do wish we would adopt your system here, or maybe preferably the New Zealand model. Homebirths here are just for the privaledged few here - if you're lucky enough to have a public hospital with a homebirth programmer and manage to stay within the very narrow parameters to stay on the programme (about half of women initially approved are risked out, most without even knowing they can be kicked off the programme at any time), or else have $3-5000 spare to afford an independent midwife - and then actually have an independent midwife in your area. Currently the only midwife servicing my area lives 3 1/2 hours away. She attends births for $2000, and to save money (cause $2000 is an awful lot of money for us) I'm going to a local clinic for antenatal care which will mean the midwife will be a virtual stranger to me - so not what I imagined when I started planning a homebirth.

Glad you and your son are okay susanna! Sounds really scary!

Today I woke up with the absolutely most awful wind pains I have ever had, just under my ribcage. Got a heat pack on it right now to try and shift it around a little but. It's awful. Good job alone today I can toot to my hearts content! Although somehow when you have trapped wind it doesn't seem to want to come out! Grrr.

Thanks for your concern ladies, yes everyone was fine. So there were 3 cars involved. The girl with the two year old was at fault, she hit the car behind us (which was totaled) and the collision propelled them into us. We were the luckiest and has the least damage in part because of our steel trailer hitch- I think it slowed down the impact. We JUST turned blake forward facing a few weeks ago and I am glad we did because it's better to be forward facing when you get rear ended. I am just thanking my lucky stars tonight. The poor older lady behind is was so upset when she saw blake and was so apologetic but I kept telling her it wasn't her fault. She was so shaken up and kept crying.

Hope you feel better nik!

In case anyone is wondering, vitamin b6 plus unisom is WORKING! The last two days I've been like a completely different person. Most of my nausea is gone!

I ran straight into a door knob, the door swung back while I was walking through. It hit right in the area where baby is located :( I'm having some pain where it hit and some shooting vaginal pain here and there :cry:

Thanks Radiance, congratulations to you too :flower:

Eeek first scan, good luck smoore :) :flower: how far along are you?

I will be 6 weeks 3 days tomorrow. It is border line if we will see heartbeat or not. I'm hoping we do for reassurance! I'm only getting an early one because of my last pregnancy, but I'm glad to be getting it.

I have first appointment and ultrasound tomorrow with the RE. I'm excited and a little nervous. I have really focused on staying positive and relaxed. It has worked well so far. I'm sure I will be more nervous tomorrow morning. Luckily, the appointment is at 10 am so I won't have much time to worry!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I hope everything goes well!! For the most part, I'm pretty positive but get bad anxiety right before Doppler time or ultrasound. I'll feel a lot better when we can start feeling movement :) Wishing you the best!!

I agree! I can't wait for movement. It will be a good way to feel more comfortable that things are okay! I'm hoping for an active little one! Thank you! DH is taking me to lunch and a movie (took the whole day off work as no one at work knows - so my update here will be a little delayed, but I'll let you ladies know as soon as I get home!)

I ran straight into a door knob, the door swung back while I was walking through. It hit right in the area where baby is located :( I'm having some pain where it hit and some shooting vaginal pain here and there :cry:

:hugs: I'm sure it is okay! Baby is so protected. I hope the pain goes away soon! :hugs:

I'll be 6+2 at my first us Tuesday and know I'm borderline for a heartbeat too. Really hoping i'ts there, though!

I'll be 6+2 at my first us Tuesday and know I'm borderline for a heartbeat too. Really hoping i'ts there, though!

Fx'd it's there!! My first one is tomorrow, I'll be 7+4 and am SO EXCITED!!!!!

Can't wait to show you the scans, ladies! :flowers:

I really need to come to this thread more often and get to know yall more because I'm all alone and need some friends :haha:

I really need to come to this thread more often and get to know yall more because I'm all alone and need some friends :haha:

You aren't too far from me! I'm in Illinois, down near St. Louis though! The only problem we may have is if you are a Black Hawks fan. :winkwink:

ahhh so difficult keeping up with you guys being on a different time line lol

Susannah glad you are all ok that must have been very scary.

Smoore - Hope all goes well with you scan

Radiance - Love your scan picture just gorgeous. I am sure everything will be fine, as others have said baby is very protected.

Thanks for the replies on the scan, they will only do transabdominal here, which explains the poor quality picture but glad we seen the heartbeat

Oh gosh radience, I hope the baby is ok! Theyre pretty well protected in there but its scary just the same, especially with pain.

LornaMJ we are roughly in the same time zone, we can be in sync!

Susannah that sounds so scary. The girl at fault is damn lucky no one was injured.

Super excited this morning because I managed to book in with the obstetrician I was hoping for! YAY! I have my 1st appt scheduled for 1st Dec when I will be around 10 weeks. Everything seems much more real now!

Now I need to choose between the two hospitals that she works from...think I will probably organise some tours over the next few weeks, any tips/things to look out for or questions to ask?

You aren't too far from me! I'm in Illinois, down near St. Louis though! The only problem we may have is if you are a Black Hawks fan. :winkwink:

DIE HARD, BABY!!! You're a blues fan huh? TJ Oshie is my 2nd hockey husband after Jonathan Toews lool love him

Susannah that sounds so scary. The girl at fault is damn lucky no one was injured.

Super excited this morning because I managed to book in with the obstetrician I was hoping for! YAY! I have my 1st appt scheduled for 1st Dec when I will be around 10 weeks. Everything seems much more real now!

Now I need to choose between the two hospitals that she works from...think I will probably organise some tours over the next few weeks, any tips/things to look out for or questions to ask?

I personally have never been in a position to be able to choose hospitals as I live in a small town with just one public hospital and no birth facilities at the private hospital.
But based on my own ideology of birth the kinds of questions I would ask would be
- what is the cesarean rate
- what are policies about induction for being post dates (and does their idea of post dates line up with WHO of post date not being until 4induction and for waters releasing prior to the onset of labour. Ie, when would they start pressuring you for an induction
- do they encourage active labour or expect you to remain on the bed hooked up to constant monitoring
- if the former do they have things like birth balls, squat bars, birth stools etc, and do they allow water births.
- is immediate skin to skijn encouraged and routinely practiced
- do babies get to room with mom or are they expected to be in nursery.

Those are the types of questions I would ask if given the chance.

I know it's super early still, but you should start asking questions about your birth plan to make sure your Dr has a general idea of what you're aiming for. (If you know yet, that is!)

DIE HARD, BABY!!! You're a blues fan huh? TJ Oshie is my 2nd hockey husband after Jonathan Toews lool love him

That I am! I can't help it.. I'm 25 minutes from my front door to Scottrade Center. I love my boys in blue! :blush::thumbup:

Hi ladies,

I am due 26th June and hoping to join the ganng :).

Hi ladies,

I am due 26th June and hoping to join the ganng :).

Welcome! Congrats! Love the avatar!

Radiance, I'm sure the bump won't cause any damage baby is well protected. Will you call your dr just in case for some reassurance? Hope you're okay.

NDH and Marlarky thank you so much for the advice. Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment and sometimes not sure if I am jumping the gun thinking about these things so early, but clearly not. Has also made me realise that being able to choose a hospital is a real luxury, and a choice I will be making very carefully. Thank you :)

Does anyone else have suggestions of questions to have ready for hospital tours?

Welcome Katbar! xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->