- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thank you all for kind thoughts. It was good news thankfully.

I had a lovely little blob with a strong heartbeat measuring right on target! Am thrilled. The pics not the clearest but it was abdominal and they always seem to be a little blurry this early on.

https://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu278/ninaranson/Mobile%20Uploads/69621EA7-3870-459A-BBEB-5343A4FCB575.jpg

Congrats! Let's hope this group has another succesful ultrasound today! I am having my first this afternoon at 2 eastern. I'm 6+2 and would love to see the heartbeat!!

Congrats! Let's hope this group has another succesful ultrasound today! I am having my first this afternoon at 2 eastern. I'm 6+2 and would love to see the heartbeat!!

All the very best. Got everything crossed x

Congrats Beadette, great news!!

Could I be bumped up to due June 3rd :flower:

Yay for good ultrasounds!

I'm just back from the midwives and it went great! They're very crunchy here it seems (went to a different hospital last time), so she's already talking about how she'll give me acupuncture and aromatherapy to help avoid another induction! :D home birth, if I decide I want one, is fine and I will have the same midwife throughout my pregnancy, though of course they can't 100% guarantee she'll be delivering for me, too. If I decide against a home birth or change my mind and want the hospital they have a lovely new birth suite with a pool that's usually available for anyone wanting it (last hospital was very busy so they said they can't promise the pool to anyone and as I ended up being induced I wasn't allowed in one anyway)

They also do NT scans here, which wasn't offered last time, so I'm quite happy about that. I'm very low risk for Down's Syndrome anyway, so I'm not too worried about it, but I think having it testing will put my mind at ease even more.

I have my first doctor visit tomorrow and I'm very nervous.

I don't know if I'll have a scan or not as I'll be either 5+6 or 6+1 depending on some conflicting dates.

Either way I know it's really early but I would love to have a scan to see SOMETHING.

I feel like I'm full of doom and gloom about this pregnancy and I would really like to start enjoying this a little more. :blush:

I don't know if I'll have a scan or not as I'll be either 5+6 or 6+1 depending on some conflicting dates.

Either way I know it's really early but I would love to have a scan to see SOMETHING.

I feel like I'm full of doom and gloom about this pregnancy and I would really like to start enjoying this a little more. :blush:

I think in the US they generally scan early, so I think you'll probably get one...if you're not offered one, just ask!

I think in the US they generally scan early, so I think you'll probably get one...if you're not offered one, just ask!

I'm definitely going to ask but my Doctor can be kind of stubborn about doing things HER way. LOL

We shall see. :)

I wish...but I think it really depends on the doctor. If I don't get my optional NT scan at 11 weeks then I won't get one until 20 weeks.

With my first I got my first u/s at 8 weeks but that's because I kind of played dumb about when I ovulated so they wanted to date the pregnancy. :)

That's awesome news Beadette. Yayy!!

Good luck tomorrow Crystal. I feel the same way. Until I hear a heartbeat I will not be able to relax and enjoy pregnancy.

Starluck. Here we can pick either midwife or OBGYN. If I go to a midwife I won't be able to switch to an OBGYN unless there is a complication. Due to my last postpartum experience with PPH I feel better going with an OBGYN.

Snufkin too funny. I am debating on playing dumb about my last AF date in hopes of getting an early scan. I will also mention my bit of spotting. I hope it's enough to get a scan before 12 weeks.

AFM...morning sickness is starting :) Horrible feeling but makes me feel better about being pregnant haha. It's still not as bad as last pregnancy so I hope it stays like this.

Congrats on the great scans Beadette and malarky!!

Crystal good luck tomorrow! I felt just like you before my first scan, it's so hard to get invested when so much is uncertain. I still feel a little doomy but am trying to be more positive and embrace things. I keep telling myself, the baby needs my good vibes! Let us know how everything goes!

And good luck to the others who will be having scans soon! All good news I am sure :)

Snufkin glad to hear everything went well with the midwife, awesome that she will support a home birth.

Shilo I'm sure everything is going well, but keeping everything crossed for you nonetheless!

Nothing new here - just gonna keep on keeping on until my next appointment. Since they put me back a week I am now a week further from the second trimester .... :dohh:

That's awesome news Beadette. Yayy!!

Good luck tomorrow Crystal. I feel the same way. Until I hear a heartbeat I will not be able to relax and enjoy pregnancy.

Starluck. Here we can pick either midwife or OBGYN. If I go to a midwife I won't be able to switch to an OBGYN unless there is a complication. Due to my last postpartum experience with PPH I feel better going with an OBGYN.

Snufkin too funny. I am debating on playing dumb about my last AF date in hopes of getting an early scan. I will also mention my bit of spotting. I hope it's enough to get a scan before 12 weeks.

AFM...morning sickness is starting :) Horrible feeling but makes me feel better about being pregnant haha. It's still not as bad as last pregnancy so I hope it stays like this.

Yeah, I'm hoping the spotting I've had will push her into letting me have a scan. :winkwink:

Ugh.. just found out that my appointment tomorrow is going to be a pap smear and a blood test. No ultrasound!

I held off going to the doctor so we didn't have to pay twice... but now it's looking like I won't hear/see anything.

I will be 8w + 4. I really hope they realize I am that far along and will give me an ultrasound anyway.

Sorry to say that I am not reporting good news from this morning's appointment. You are such a great group and I really wish I could stay with you!

She did confirm that the baby no longer has a heartbeat. I kind of already knew and had come to terms with it, but dh thought I was just bring paranoid and went as white as a sheet. She made him sit down. I have not yet started bleeding or spotting, so she told me it is fine to go ahead and go see my brother in Portland tomorrow. If I have not started bleeding by the time I get back on Monday night, she has me scheduled for a d&c on Tuesday morning. I would much rather have that than deal with the emotional (and physical) pain of having to do it naturally. Unfortunately, I doubt it will go that way because I am already starting to have some cramping and pain today. She gave me a prescription for hydrocodone to take when it starts, so I am not in as much pain. My boss has given me as much time off as I need, so that makes me feel better. I am so happy I work for such a supportive company. I am taking my unexpected day off to watch Frozen and season two of Arrow.

I will try to make the best of my trip to see my brother... at least we can head to Seattle to meet one of my friends and have some nice fresh oysters! I was really upset that I was going to have to skip out on that. I guess that is the bright side in all this. The doctor did print us a picture to take home. I put it in the nursery closet. Not really sure what I will do with it once we get pregnant again... maybe store it with my other sentimental stuff. The baby is still the same size as last time when we saw the heartbeat, so he/she probably didn't make it much past last week's ultrasound. The doctor said to have one natural cycle after the miscarriage and then we can start trying again at the second one. Hubby is all excited about trying again as soon as we can, and I am hoping I will be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster that will come with being pregnant again after a loss. I don't think he will ever fully understand what it is like to worry about what is happening inside your body.

I wish everyone all the best! I'll come back and check out the group as June gets close to see all the beautiful babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->