2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I did the baking soda test, just for fun, this morning and it fizzed, so that's a boy guess. <3 I have no preference, but I really love little boys.

How does the baking soda test work?!

Hello ladies! I'm back after a long weekend in Michigan. It was nice to get away for a few days, and it was much easier than I thought it would be to hide the pregnancy from my mom. I think that's my last big hiding hurdle!

Oooo, where in Michigan were you visiting?

We rented a little cabin with the family on Magician Lake, in Dowagiac. Since we're in Chicago, we take a lot of little weekend trips up through Harbor Country and into that area of Michigan. I love living in the city, but it's so nice to just sit on a pier and dangle your feet in the water for an hour and think about nothing :cloud9: Especially since I get Oink's ice cream on the way home ;)

I did the baking soda test, just for fun, this morning and it fizzed, so that's a boy guess. <3 I have no preference, but I really love little boys.

How do you do the baking soda test?

Morning guys!

Some cute announcement ideas!

Good luck at all the scans, looking forward to pics :)

Thinking of those in limbo:hugs:

Oh the pregnancy discharge! That stuff is evil!! Comes in a variety of colours and totally makes you nervous!

Smells set me off too, lost my dinner last night over the smell of it about half way through:wacko: Down 5lbs now from this sickness and I'm not a big person! Aversions and cravings can be very fickle and strange, my biggest one for all pregnancies is cups of tea for some reason.

Anyone got the beginnings of a bump?

I tried the baking soda test and it didn't fizz. SOme baking soda in a cup, add some pee and see if it fizzes, if it does boy and is not girl.

I just looked at the clock. It's 10:22am. Naptime isn't till 1:30 and I already want to pass out. Or cry. Ugh.

All I can eat is rice krispies, plain crackers, plain potatoes and the occasional slice of toast. I want to eat something with taste! I tried a little beef last night and it made my nausea so bad I had to go straight to bed and curl up in a ball.

Well my nausea has officially kicked in Sunday (7w, 2d), and I'm not happy about it. Sunday all day, Monday around 7pm, and today I am iffy (multigrain Life cereal does NOT taste like normal Life cereal). I haven't actually been sick yet, but yesterday was full of gags so loud my SO thought I was dying in the bathroom... oh joy of joys!

Also, despite initially thinking I had already gained a ton, it turns out I haven't, so I blame pregnancy constipation for scaring me so early on!

Hello ladies! I'm back after a long weekend in Michigan. It was nice to get away for a few days, and it was much easier than I thought it would be to hide the pregnancy from my mom. I think that's my last big hiding hurdle!

We rented a little cabin with the family on Magician Lake, in Dowagiac. Since we're in Chicago, we take a lot of little weekend trips up through Harbor Country and into that area of Michigan. I love living in the city, but it's so nice to just sit on a pier and dangle your feet in the water for an hour and think about nothing :cloud9: Especially since I get Oink's ice cream on the way home ;)

I know where that is! I have family in Decatur. About five minutes from Lake Michigan myself.

Well my nausea has officially kicked in Sunday (7w, 2d), and I'm not happy about it. Sunday all day, Monday around 7pm, and today I am iffy (multigrain Life cereal does NOT taste like normal Life cereal). I haven't actually been sick yet, but yesterday was full of gags so loud my SO thought I was dying in the bathroom... oh joy of joys!

Also, despite initially thinking I had already gained a ton, it turns out I haven't, so I blame pregnancy constipation for scaring me so early on!

Mine kicked in Sunday too! I saw Sundays and Mondays dinner again and a bit of lunch today, yuck lol :sick:

How does the baking soda test work?!

You pee in a cup and add a couple tablespoons of baking soda to the cup. If it fizzes, you're predicted to have a boy, and if it does nothing, then the prediction is a girl. Something to do with the acidity/alkalinity of your urine during pregnancy.

Mine kicked in Sunday too! I saw Sundays and Mondays dinner again and a bit of lunch today, yuck lol :sick:

My sickness has really stepped up a gear over the last few days. Today I even brought up bile. That was awful, but I remember doing that a lot with both ds's and with my mmc. I hope that it doesn't start happening every day like it did before..

All I can eat is rice krispies, plain crackers, plain potatoes and the occasional slice of toast. I want to eat something with taste! I tried a little beef last night and it made my nausea so bad I had to go straight to bed and curl up in a ball.

I'm also safe with dry crackers and plain pasta, but also liking strong flavours, lemons, apples, chilli, vinegar and salt. Beef would make me do the same, bleurghh!

My sickness has really stepped up a gear over the last few days. Today I even brought up bile. That was awful, but I remember doing that a lot with both ds's and with my mmc. I hope that it doesn't start happening every day like it did before..

Omg the thought of the taste of bile just made me urge lol :haha:

Dan-o, how did the scan go yesterday hun? Sorry if you've already said!

Aww thanks for asking :) Everything looked perfect apart from the baby was a few days small, hopefully it's just one that grows in spurts. My boys were the same but ended up ahead by the 12w scan. Next one in a fortnight :flower:

I know where that is! I have family in Decatur. About five minutes from Lake Michigan myself.

It was very nice. Magician Lake is a bit mucky, so it wasn't the best for swimming, but it was great to just tie my inner tube to the pier and float around. We go on a little lake vacation every few years with my mom and brother and SIL. I dipped my toes in Lake Michigan at the Dunes on the way home, and boy was it cold! I bet there are still a few ice cubes floating around somewhere :p

I'm also struggling with nausea ladies. That and complete exhaustion. If I didn't have to work don't think I would have got out of bed the last couple of days! But had my booking appointment this afternoon. Ok it wasn't overly exciting really but the midwife seemed lovely and it feels good to have my green pregnancy notes!

Cyclizine, ginger capsules, peppermint tea, and making sure my stomach is never empty, even if I'm only eating crackers, isn't helping me today. I'm going to have to go crawl in bed after I've got LO to sleep. I just want to curl up in a ball and hide away til I feel better.

And OH has made it pretty clear he's fed up of my moaning.

Cyclizine, ginger capsules, peppermint tea, and making sure my stomach is never empty, even if I'm only eating crackers, isn't helping me today. I'm going to have to go crawl in bed after I've got LO to sleep. I just want to curl up in a ball and hide away til I feel better.

Tell your OH you don't want to hear a word the next time he has the flu, a cold, or food poisoning.

Men tend to be SUCH BABIES when sick, yet they have a cow if we're not perfectly content when we feel like crap. It's horsehocky.

They never understand do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->