2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm not sure when my symptoms started, probably about 3 weeks, I had a positive test a week before AF was due but may have conceived earlier in my cycle than usual, will need to have the scan first to see. In other pregnancies though it was pretty early, around 4 weeks for nausea mainly.

Not tried a cruise but did fly at 30 weeks with my 3rd, it was fun travelling! Have been on cruises in the past and as long as you don't get sea sick it should be very relaxing:thumbup:

Crayon poop :rofl:

We're looking at booking a cruise in a couple months. Neither of us has been on a cruise before, but my sister in law took one when she was pregnant, and she really really recommends it. It sounds like a nice, relaxing trip, and just think how much I'll save on alcohol ;) I just need to clear it with the midwife next week before I commit to anything. Anyone here cruised pregnant?

Not cruising, but we're headed to the Dominican Republic for a week in early September. After over 2 years of trying to get pregnant and putting our life on hold so we had money for fertility treatments, we just decided to say heck with it. So last January, with our tax return, we booked this trip to the Dominican Republic. Never in a million YEARS did I expect to be pregnant when we went. We booked at an all-inclusive, adults only resort in Punta Cana. Now it appears hubby will be the one indulging in all of the free booze while I am clinging to my bottled water! :drunk:

I am just thankful I will be officially out of the first trimester when we leave. They say the safest time to fly is the second trimester. I would imagine the same recommendation would be true for cruises since it has to do with the possibility of complications and the ability to get you to appropriate medical personnel. First trimester the risk of miscarriage is highest, third trimester the risk of going into labor is highest. Some airlines even require a doctor's note if you are flying in the third trimester stating that you have been evaluated and show no signs of going into labor. (Or something like that. I was reading about it on American Airlines website.)

Many people recommend 'babymoons' though! We just happened to have ours planned before we even knew there would be a baby.

I'm not going on cruise, but that sounds amazing! We had literally just booked our trip to Vegas, one week before we got a positive test. So, in October I will be in Vegas while pregnant...should still be fun even though I can't drink!

I'm glad I'm not the only one planning a babymoon :) I went on a trip in May and volunteered to take a later flight in exchange for an airline credit, so I have until next May to use it. I can't imagine wanting to fly with an infant or in the third trimester, and I've always wanted to go on a cruise, so I think it'll be good timing. I'd be somewhere between 18 and 22 weeks, depending which one we choose. As far as I know, I don't get seasick, but I've never been out in the sea on a big ship like this before. If I can't escape the cold in January (which is basically my favorite vacation), escaping in October will have to do!

I think we may be on the boat for Halloween, for one of the cruises. I wonder if they do anything special!

Ooooo I love Halloween! What fun would it be to be on a cruise at Halloween! Maybe they'll have a masquerade ball or something. :thumbup:

It's really not my day. LOL. As I closed my eyes for a few min to deal with nausea and headache... my toddler ate a box of crayons. Seriously, she ate like 8 of them. She has "crayon crumbs" all around her mouth and all over her arms and there aren't even chunks left on the floor. If she ate a box of crayons, do I still need to make her lunch?

Next poo will be interesting for sure!!

Oh and re the crayon poop...my son ate crayons a while back. If you use baby oil it takes the colour off their bum.... See the useful stuff moms know...! The waxy poop floats though, just so you know....

Heyy ladies, when did everyone's symptoms get worse or start really?
At the minute I just feel really tired all the time like I could sleep for days lol

I know it's early but just wondered? Xx

Hi,
I am almost at 9 weeks and I still feel the same as before: no nausea but I started some indigestion this week (just not feeling right after eating junk food), my breast are still just sore a little bit (like after ovulation), and I have not noticed them getting bigger yet, I am still tired and take many naps or long naps. Other than that, nothing yet.

I was able to reach the obgyn for an appointment, which I will get after my trip to Europe on August 12th. I will be 11 weeks and a half. It seems far for a first appointment. But oh well, nothing seems off at the moment. Does anyone have any tip for a 7 hour flight?

Thank you!

Ooooo I love Halloween! What fun would it be to be on a cruise at Halloween! Maybe they'll have a masquerade ball or something. :thumbup:

I love Halloween, but we can never think of anything good to do so we end up sitting at home giving out candy every year :p My first thought about the Halloween cruise was "Oh, we'd miss Halloween at home!" but then I realized that our Halloweens at home are really nothing special, so why not try Halloween at sea? I'm sure I can find an easy to pack, comfy costume. I think Halloween is a sea day on that cruise, too. This is the more expensive, longest of the 3 I'm looking at, so DH may nix it in favor of shorter and cheaper, though...

Oh and re the crayon poop...my son ate crayons a while back. If you use baby oil it takes the colour off their bum.... See the useful stuff moms know...! The waxy poop floats though, just so you know....

:rofl:

It's really not my day. LOL. As I closed my eyes for a few min to deal with nausea and headache... my toddler ate a box of crayons. Seriously, she ate like 8 of them. She has "crayon crumbs" all around her mouth and all over her arms and there aren't even chunks left on the floor. If she ate a box of crayons, do I still need to make her lunch?

I was nearly crying laughing at this!!! :D This is so something my ds would do!

Hey ladies hope you are al well. Had beta hcg today and it's less than one so definitely a miscarriage.
Happy and healthy nine months to you all. X x

So sorry sportysgirl I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

"They say the safest time to fly is the second trimester. First trimester the risk of miscarriage is highest, third trimester the risk of going into labor is highest."

:( I'm flying to Disney on Monday! From UK to Paris, only an hour flight but I didn't know flying increases risk?!! :( The trip was booked last year for the whole family.

"They say the safest time to fly is the second trimester. First trimester the risk of miscarriage is highest, third trimester the risk of going into labor is highest."

:( I'm flying to Disney on Monday! From UK to Paris, only an hour flight but I didn't know flying increases risk?!! :( The trip was booked last year for the whole family.

I don't think it 'increases' your risk to fly. They are just saying that if you are going to have a miscarriage it will probably happen first trimester. If you are going to go into preterm labor, it will probably happen third trimester. The flying part doesn't have anything to do with it... but if you are in the middle of a flight and contractions do start... or you have other complications like what can happen with preeclampsia (seizures) there is no way to get you prompt medical attention. The flying itself doesn't increase the risk... although I have read in some places that the pressure can lead to contractions. Not sure if that is true or not? It's just not recommended to fly in the third trimester and the first trimester is a dicey subject, although many women do fly in the first trimester.

There's no specific risk to the baby from flying, in all the research I've done. Pregnant women fly all the time. What does pose a risk is dehydration (never noticed a problem, but apparently common when flying?) and circulation - I don't know if this applies so much in the first trimester, but they advise getting up and walking around, and wearing support hose if flying while pregnant. And of course, you may be super uncomfortable, especially if you have nausea. If there was a risk just from being in the air, flight attendants would never have babies. I think the highest risk part is just that you're already at the highest risk for a miscarriage in the first trimester, and it would be really extra difficult to have one halfway through a transatlantic flight. Especially for just an hour flight, I don't see why there'd be any problem!

I do tend to take the third trimester warnings pretty seriously, since my SIL went into labor out of nowhere during week 28 of a totally uneventful, low risk pregnancy. You won't catch me too far from a good hospital in the last couple months!

Okay ladies, I need help! My brother and his wife were 27 weeks pregnant at the beginning of July. For no reason that thang doctor can find, she started having pains and then realized she hadn't felt the baby move at all for a while. They went to the ED and unfortunately they could not find a HB. She delivered a perfect little girl into the arms of Jesus on July 2nd. They have done all kinds of tests on my SILand they just got the autopsy results, no cause that they can find at all.

What I need help with is how on earth do I tell then that DH and I are having another baby? We've told the rest of our family and they know not to say anything, but I want to be the one to tell him and not that he heard from someone who can't keep their mouth shut! He lives 13 hours away so it can't be in person. Any help at all would be great! Thanks in advance!

I am so sorry for their loss. That is absolutely heartbreaking :( You've been given a lot of great advice, so I really cannot elaborate any more on that.. except, I would tell your brother only and have him tell his wife when he feels is the best time.

Hey ladies hope you are al well. Had beta hcg today and it's less than one so definitely a miscarriage.
Happy and healthy nine months to you all. X x

I'm so sorry :(

So I went straight to A&E this afternoon since I'm back in England and after 3 long hours I was given a drip for dehydration (my fault for not drinking enough water on my flight!) and offered a scan next Wednesday.

Gyne examined me and took blood. Hcg is 'as to be expected in early pregnancy' and she asked me to come back on Friday for a comparison. She also said my cervix was tightly closed and she couldn't locate a bleeding source in my vagina.

Have a private scan booked for tomorrow morning so I'm still going to go to that although I don't think it will be good news. I'm still bleeding moderately with tiny clots (quarter the size of a penny, like droplets) so I'm terrified I already lost the baby which is why my cervix is closed.

I also stupidly took a cb digi and it said 2-3 weeks so I fear my levels aren't as good as she thinks considering I got my bfp at 3w3d.

My fingers are crossed for you.

Maybe I can help a little with this. We had this exact situation in March when I was 34 weeks pregnant with our little girl. Overnight she died and I ended up delivering by c section as she was transverse. There are no words for me to describe the total shock and devastation that followed her loss. The crazy leaky boobs and no baby to feed, the c section scar breaking down and becoming infected, the awful awful sleepless nights of dreams and hearing phantom babies crying, the darkest days I have ever known in my life.
All around me the girls who were pregnant at the same time as me continued with their healthy pregnancies and I was of course delighted for them, but suddenly no one could make eye contact with me. Moms with new babies scuttled away or crossed the street from me. It felt as though they were scared they would "catch" this horrific affliction from me.

The people who were totally normal were such a breath of fresh air. It's not as though they were reminding me of my beautiful dead daughter, trust me I had not forgotten! They recognized that in no way did we want THEIR child. We wanted OUR child. They were straight up about things and recognized that the people who didn't keep us in the loop with their kids or pregnancies actually hurt us more. My wonderful best friend did more for us than I can ever explain. She was there to listen, to talk. She talks about my baby by name and isn't scared to mention her.

If this whole awful time can given me one new skill it is to help other people who have experienced stillbirth and those who support them. Your brother will be delighted for you. No one who is in this club wants to be a member and none of us wish for any new members. We just survive.

Sorry this is long, but it's something I have lived and I know that silence and trying to protect those of us who have experienced stillbirth actually makes it harder. I hope this is helpful to even just one person in the world. When you have the conversation with your brother talk about their baby by name and don't be scared to mention the stillbirth. Good luck!! :hugs:

I'm so sorry you had to endure this kind of pain. :(

AFM- I about had a heart attack earlier. I took another FRER to ease my anxiety and for the first 30 seconds only one line showed up! Then the second line became noticeable, but it was incredibly faint.

I freaked out thinking I was losing the baby.

Turns out, it was the CONTROL line that was so faint. I did some googling and apparently when your hcg is really high, it will steal the dye from the control line to darken your test line.

Whew. Crisis averted.

What is everyone's opinion on ultrasounds? I had one at 5 weeks. I'm going to have another at 8 weeks. I've got people barking at me left & right saying that too many during the first trimester is "dangerous." They can "cause down syndrome." Blah blah blah.

Is there any truth to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->