2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Yay for heartbeat Menelly:happydance:

Bucherworm, yeah its pretty common, hypo more than hyper I think. Fx its nothing too much hassle!:hugs:

I'm dreading going to high risk, just reminds me that we're heading for NICU :(

Dan-o, really hope you get some answers soon and you're back in the 2016 first trimester club! :) Good Luck!

Right now I am SO tired all the time! My husband has been working from home this week (I am a stay at home wife) and now he probably thinks I am the most lazy wife ever! I have had at least two naps today! Haven't gotten much done around the house. UGH! Just have no energy though! I really hope I get an energy boost in second trimester!

I'm praying for that energy boost as well because I've been leaving everything undone just because of lack of energy!! I'm amazed I still make it to work everyday

I don't know how you ladies can go to work! I used to work as a dental assistant, I'd be too scared I'd fall asleep while in surgery! MY! Kudos to you ladies who work as well!!

I'm impressed, too. I can barely manage 4 hours/week at the farmers market sitting in a chair doing nothing :p

My midwife just called to say my blood and urine results are all normal, but recommended a D supplement because I'm way on the low end of normal. She didn't give me any numbers besides the vitamin D, but I'm assuming if I didn't have a normal amount of hcg she would have noticed. Yeah, I'm not a worrywart at all....

Here's our munchkin!!!

Baby was measuring behind so my EDD is now March 14.

Baby also decided that implanting in a weird spot was a good idea so I ended up having a vaginal u/s.

Heartbeat was 165 the first time she took it and 160 the second.

We wern't even out of the parking lot before we had both posted the picture on Facebook captioned little munchkin.

Feels so much more real now that we have seen baby and everything is going okay. :)

Attachments

• 2014-08-01 10.55.11.jpg
    2014-08-01 10.55.11.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4
So I had an impromptu ultrasound today at the ER cuz I was bleeding & having baaad cramps.

Good news is the baby looks great! Measuring at 7 weeks, so my due date changed. So I'm now due March 20th. Heartbeat was 122 & I was soooo glad I got to see & hear it! <3

Doc said I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I have to Google it more, but I guess it can go either way? Ughhhhhh, so scary! I had a scan with my OB schedule for Tuesday, but I'm guessing the won't do it considering the ER just did one today? Can't talk to them until Monday. So it's a waiting game.

Oh wait... One more thing. They did both a transvag & abdo scan & I could see everything on both. Isn't that strange? I thought it was way too early for an abdo?

Anyway.. Here's my baby!
https://i62.tinypic.com/k1q8ue.jpg

Just had first doctor's appointment. Doctor tried to find heartbeat and found it for like 2 seconds - seems baby just ran way from the Doppler! Further attempts proved futile.

I declined the panorama test @ 13 weeks. This means no ultrasound until 18 weeks but I believe Little D will be fine till then.

Hope you ladies are all feeling okay today.

What's a panorama test?

I don't know about everyone else but i feel like I'm slammed with extreme exhaustion. I suppose waking up several times in the night to go to the bathroom doesn't help but I figured taking multiple naps in the day would make me feel better. Also, as of this week I've experienced morning sickness. My poor husband has a very weak stomach so he's been experiencing some as well from just hearing me in the other room. Poor guy. :wacko:

I go in for a second scan and to check my thyroid again this Thursday. Having spotting everyday really sucks but my doctor says it can be normal for some women. One thing he found in the last scan was a pocket of blood in my uterus, hoping that has cleared up by the next appointment. I can't wait to see my little bean again. Just seeing it helped to reassure me a little.

As for a babybump..I have a good carb bump that the baby has to break through before I'll look pregnant. :winkwink: I figure I'll start taking pictures in week 12. Hopefully there is a difference.

Also anyone else noticing more saliva? I swear I'm constantly chocking on my own spit in the last few days and leaving evidence on my pillow. :shy:

Just had first doctor's appointment. Doctor tried to find heartbeat and found it for like 2 seconds - seems baby just ran way from the Doppler! Further attempts proved futile.

I declined the panorama test @ 13 weeks. This means no ultrasound until 18 weeks but I believe Little D will be fine till then.

Hope you ladies are all feeling okay today.

What's a panorama test?

snowbunnie - It's a blood test they do to check for Downs syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities. Most doctors would also do an ultrasound at the same time. They can also determine the gender of the baby at that time. But the test is not 100% fool proof so you can false positives.

Hi ladies. Back from my ERPC, everything went fine and baby has gone off for genetic testing, fingers crossed for answers :angel:

I've tried to update any changes I've seen, apologies if I've missed anyone. Very sad to be leaving, but hopefully I'll be back on a later 2015 due date thread <3 wishing you all the best of luck, may just have to pop in and coo over your babies when they arrive next year ;) xxx

Wobbles can change the thread over now, so who would like to do it then, Frenchie or Laska? :flower:

just checking in for the day- if you need me to sweetie, I am more than happy to help! :)

Gorgeous scan pics!!!

Subchorionics can go a lot of ways, I was told 50/50 but prognosis gets worse with bleeding into the second tri, even then though its very rare for them to linger up to 20 weeks. A lot of women don't even bleed, the small ones are often absorbed back. Mine went on until delivery but there are other issues involved there so its not the usual scenario. Plenty rest and be careful with heavy lifting and pelvic rest:hugs:

Momma squirrel I have the opposite with a mega dry mouth, the joys huh:haha:

Baby is not being nice to me this evening :grr: I got a huge craving for a massive forearm sized burrito, all went well until halfway through and the smell of it made me so sick!!

Exhaustion is brutal, it makes all the other symptoms worse!! I'm a SAHM mom too and I do have help (we have a nanny for medical reasons) but with this many kids a nap isn't an option:wacko: 2 1/2 weeks and they all go back to school:haha: My 3 year old has full time school too for her autism so just be little Alasdhair at home:sleep:

Is this panorama test new?

Laska that's really nice of you:hugs:

Hope everyone has a good saturday:hugs:

So tired, had my first appointment today. We didnt do an ultrasound due to the tech not being there but scheduled one for tuesday. The suspense is killing me.

Any who anyone else really feeling the exhaustion? I want to just collapse all day today. Im so tired.

hi all, I've been exhausted also.. luckily today i was able to actually fall asleep for an hour before my second work shift, so I made it through my day. AND I took tomorrow off.. at this point I dont even care if I get an 'occurance' on my record.. I literally CANNOT be working 7 days a week.

I too ate a burrito today, but it was just bean and cheese and wow I can't believe I ate the whole thing, it was so freaking good. Beans are an excellent source of folate and fiber, so hopefully it'll help the constipation. I think its been about 2 days now that i havent done more than pee lol tmi ;)

So yeah, time is passing by.. can't believe I'm already well into the 7th week.. I just keep visualizing that little heart flickering away and the embryo all tucked up nice and snug.. my u/s tech said it attached at the top of my uterus, which is really good.

Anyone ask their u/s tech where their bean attached at?

Exhaustion yes.
Nausea yes.
Excess saliva yes.
Dry patches of skin yes.

My Doppler from my friend arrived today. Took it for a test run today and as suspected I couldn't find/hear lo. I did her a wooshing that was probably an artery or something. Wasn't fast enough to be baby. I'll give it a week or two before I try again.

Oh, the scans are so nice to see!
I have to agree with everyone on the fatigue, it's awful! Lately I've been taking a 2 hour nap when I get home...

Swampmaiden- I have been craving bean burritos all week. Makes sense now. I figure my body knows what it needs. More beans...thank goodness I dont get gassy from eating them.

Bookity- I have a doppler at home but I figure I wont be able to get anything for at least another week. I have heard it all depends on where the placenta is. Im hoping mine is towards the back. Last ultrasound they couldnt tell. Hopefully I will find out next week.

Is anyone else considered high risk? I have epilepsy. I get more appts because of it.

Nice to hear from you dan-o! Looks like Laska is up to the task, so she can take over the thread. I'm not in the same time zone as most of you, so that might be for the best.

Soo tired.... sooooo nauseous..... I'm bummed that take-out doesn't exist here because it's difficult to get my mojo going to cook anything other than toast. I would do so many things for Chipotle right now.

For those asking about thyroid issues: I had to resolve a hypothyroid issue when we were TTC. I think it's part of the reason it took a year, but only 3 months with my DD. I squeaked by with a TSH of 3 during my first pregnancy, but at some point before my treatment it got up to 6, so I definitely needed that taken care of to conceive. I'm continuing my treatment during the pregnancy and might increase my dose depending on what my level is next week when I get tested again.

About the 13-week blood test: here in France they do a blood work-up on the mother for specific genetic markers for various disorders. No blood is actually taken from inside the placenta or anything as risky as that. Maybe if your numbers come back kinda iffy they might ask you if you want to follow up with a more invasive test. I had it done with my first pregnancy, and everything came back low risk, so I imagine they won't need to do it again.

In the US/UK do you have monthly blood and urine tests for toxoplasmosis and albumin, etc?

Good morning everyone and sorry for my lack of chat of late! Work really gets in the way of the important stuff I have to do!! I'm still working this weekend, but hoping it won't be too busy.

Great to hear from you dan-o, I was wondering how things had gone for you and hoping you were doing as well as possible. :hugs:

Thanks laksa for taking over the thread. That's kind of you to babysit us all!

Some great scans and nice news coming in which is always cheering.

For the girls facing NICU and high risk, yeah I hear you and feel the same. My mantra right now is "every day is a day we wouldn't have had if we didn't try again!" I have my nuchal scan in a couple of weeks and I'm waiting to hear from the high risk OB and the cardiologist about what we do next. It's hard to try to describe to anyone how the "innocence" of pregnancy is lost for people like us.

Anyways not to dwell, we will just power on! Glad to hear you're all doing well. I'm away into work now and soooo don't feel like it with the waves of nausea hitting every few minutes...! Deep breaths!

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Saturday ladies!

Ugh, the exhaustion is terrible! It probably doesn't help that I have been battling a terrible cold…the coughing is killing me!:hissy: Plus, the dreams…oh my, the dreams are freighting me! They have been so crazy and vivid…I’m scared to mention what I see to my husband! :blush: My goodness!

I hope the high risk ladies (and the low risk ladies!) are able to avoid or minimize nicu time. My nephew was in the nicu for just over 2 months, and it hurt just watching my brother and sister in law go through that. I wouldn't wish it on anybody, even though I'm so incredibly grateful that the technology is there when it's needed. Almost a year later, thinking about it still makes me a little teary.

I thought this was funny :)

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/would-understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"