2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Morning! Quick one before we have to brave Lego Land :argh:

Exhaustion comes in waves, along with insomnia:wacko: We'll be in second tri soon though!!!

Cmr01, goodluck for Tuesday!!!

Frenchie, I'm not sure they do those tests here, will ask:thumbup: Toast works lol but totally hear you on wanting home foods hard to get!!

Drmum :hugs: I cant understand to the extent of having lost a child but I do understand the fear of it. I cant get a baby to term period. This baby will if I'm very lucky, scrape to 30/32 weeks but most likely not and NICU is terrifying. But you're totally right, each day is a victory:hugs:

OKies really better go now, have to get showered, packed, 5 kids ready, make a picnic, wake a husband and be out the door in about 30 mins :rofl:

Nice to hear from you dan-o! Looks like Laska is up to the task, so she can take over the thread. I'm not in the same time zone as most of you, so that might be for the best.

Soo tired.... sooooo nauseous..... I'm bummed that take-out doesn't exist here because it's difficult to get my mojo going to cook anything other than toast. I would do so many things for Chipotle right now.

For those asking about thyroid issues: I had to resolve a hypothyroid issue when we were TTC. I think it's part of the reason it took a year, but only 3 months with my DD. I squeaked by with a TSH of 3 during my first pregnancy, but at some point before my treatment it got up to 6, so I definitely needed that taken care of to conceive. I'm continuing my treatment during the pregnancy and might increase my dose depending on what my level is next week when I get tested again.

About the 13-week blood test: here in France they do a blood work-up on the mother for specific genetic markers for various disorders. No blood is actually taken from inside the placenta or anything as risky as that. Maybe if your numbers come back kinda iffy they might ask you if you want to follow up with a more invasive test. I had it done with my first pregnancy, and everything came back low risk, so I imagine they won't need to do it again.

In the US/UK do you have monthly blood and urine tests for toxoplasmosis and albumin, etc?

I live in the US and dont have to do blood work each time but yes I have to pee every appt. I think I only have one more blood work to do and thats more around the end of pregnancy I believe.

I'm supposed to give a urine sample every time, but I don't remember why.
I had to work today, and didn't feel very good this morning. I got some food in though, so that's good.

We give urine samples at every appointment to check for proteins in the urine.

My fatigue is out of control! I feel like I'm a horrible mom to my two babies right now because all I do is sleep. I take up to 3 naps a day lately, and that's on top of not getting out of bed until 9 every morning. :( I cannot wait for this phase to pass so that I can be back to my usual, active self.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. Morning sickness is really starting to annoy me. Tomorrow we are telling my aunts about being pregnant. We ordered a small cake that has a stork and baby. Really looking forward to their reactions.

I've been quiet because I don't really have much to report. At 9 weeks, I still really don't feel pregnant! I mean my boobs are sore, I do have some afternoons where I feel really tired & those same afternoons I usually have no appetite & just feel sick- but nothing to justify calling it morning sickness. My clothes have become a little tighter so I suppose those all add up to pregnancy symptoms. I'm hoping to get another quick abdominal ultrasound tomorrow just to give me reassurance that baby is still in there & doing good! I'm so jealous of everyone's pretty ultrasound pictures!

I've been quiet because I don't really have much to report. At 9 weeks, I still really don't feel pregnant! I mean my boobs are sore, I do have some afternoons where I feel really tired & those same afternoons I usually have no appetite & just feel sick- but nothing to justify calling it morning sickness. My clothes have become a little tighter so I suppose those all add up to pregnancy symptoms. I'm hoping to get another quick abdominal ultrasound tomorrow just to give me reassurance that baby is still in there & doing good! I'm so jealous of everyone's pretty ultrasound pictures!

Good luck on your ultrasound!!!

Nice to hear from you dan-o! Looks like Laska is up to the task, so she can take over the thread. I'm not in the same time zone as most of you, so that might be for the best.

Soo tired.... sooooo nauseous..... I'm bummed that take-out doesn't exist here because it's difficult to get my mojo going to cook anything other than toast. I would do so many things for Chipotle right now.

For those asking about thyroid issues: I had to resolve a hypothyroid issue when we were TTC. I think it's part of the reason it took a year, but only 3 months with my DD. I squeaked by with a TSH of 3 during my first pregnancy, but at some point before my treatment it got up to 6, so I definitely needed that taken care of to conceive. I'm continuing my treatment during the pregnancy and might increase my dose depending on what my level is next week when I get tested again.

About the 13-week blood test: here in France they do a blood work-up on the mother for specific genetic markers for various disorders. No blood is actually taken from inside the placenta or anything as risky as that. Maybe if your numbers come back kinda iffy they might ask you if you want to follow up with a more invasive test. I had it done with my first pregnancy, and everything came back low risk, so I imagine they won't need to do it again.

In the US/UK do you have monthly blood and urine tests for toxoplasmosis and albumin, etc?

I live in the US and dont have to do blood work each time but yes I have to pee every appt. I think I only have one more blood work to do and thats more around the end of pregnancy I believe.

I get a lot of bloodwork due to my lack of a thyroid. I just went in to see my md and my tsh was 15 😳 she retested and it went up to 19😱 I don't know how I conceived with my tsh so high, but my t3 and t4's were perfect.

Morning ladies.

I hope you get your scan today Laska! Bdb84 - I'm exactly the same! I feel so bad for my boys but I really just do not have the energy to do what I would normally be doing with them. Mummy3 I hope you had a fantastic time at lego land! Ds1 loves lego land but we haven't yet taken ds2. Maybe an idea for the summer holidays though! Mommasquirrel - how exciting! Let us know how they take it!

Afm, I had a horrid dream about bleeding last night. Really freaked me out, I was sure I would see blood when I went to the toilet this morning. I even put off going for at least 30 minutes!

Morning ladies.

I hope you get your scan today Laska! Bdb84 - I'm exactly the same! I feel so bad for my boys but I really just do not have the energy to do what I would normally be doing with them. Mummy3 I hope you had a fantastic time at lego land! Ds1 loves lego land but we haven't yet taken ds2. Maybe an idea for the summer holidays though! Mommasquirrel - how exciting! Let us know how they take it!

Afm, I had a horrid dream about bleeding last night. Really freaked me out, I was sure I would see blood when I went to the toilet this morning. I even put off going for at least 30 minutes!

I had one of those dreams last night. I am having trouble sleeping tonight because of it 😞 Hopefully I an turn my brain off to get some much needed 💤

My mum and sister drove up to stay with us for a few days so I haven't had time to check in here and there's no way I can catch up on all the pages. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Had my first midwife appointment on Wednesday, my midwife is really lovely. They took my blood and filled out my green notes. They've changed things since last time I was pregnant. The first appointment the midwife used to come to your house, fill in your notes and you get to keep the green notes straight away and then you have your blood done when you go in for your 12 week scan. Now I had to go to a childrens centre for first appointment, they took my blood, did the notes and are sending my notes with my blood and I'll get the notes back when I go for my 12 week scan.

They've put a "high risk" sticker on my notes, just because Amelia was born with a cleft palate. I don't really see why this makes my pregnancy high risk, even if they were to have a cleft.

Nausea is a bit better today. I might see how I do with just two doses of Cyclizine rather than my usual three.

My mum and sister drove up to stay with us for a few days so I haven't had time to check in here and there's no way I can catch up on all the pages. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Had my first midwife appointment on Wednesday, my midwife is really lovely. They took my blood and filled out my green notes. They've changed things since last time I was pregnant. The first appointment the midwife used to come to your house, fill in your notes and you get to keep the green notes straight away and then you have your blood done when you go in for your 12 week scan. Now I had to go to a childrens centre for first appointment, they took my blood, did the notes and are sending my notes with my blood and I'll get the notes back when I go for my 12 week scan.

I met my midwife thurs - it seems different in each part of the uk - I had an early bird app at 6 weeks where I was given my green notes and then they were partially filled out then the midwife visited my house on thurs and completed the notes. Got to go to the surgery for my bloods on 13th and every time I see her I have to give her pee lol

Glad your nausea is easing. Mine comes and goes - did worry when this happened but now just making the most of days I don't feel sick

I met my midwife thurs - it seems different in each part of the uk - I had an early bird app at 6 weeks where I was given my green notes and then they were partially filled out then the midwife visited my house on thurs and completed the notes. Got to go to the surgery for my bloods on 13th and every time I see her I have to give her pee lol

Glad your nausea is easing. Mine comes and goes - did worry when this happened but now just making the most of days I don't feel sick

Yeah. I really hate the days when the nausea is really bad but then when I have a day where it's not so bad, I'm panicking thinking it's because something's wrong! :dohh:

Im super happy! Just heard baby's heartbeat on my Doppler! 140-150 bpm :happydance:

Oh, yay for hearing babies! I keep thinking I want to order a doppler, but I'm afraid it won't work well because I'm so fluffy. And then I'll freak cause I can't hear anything. :/

Can't win on this pregnancy thing, can we? If we're not freaking for one reason, we're freaking for another!

I've been incredibly nauseuous also.. not quite at the point of vomiting but I've come close.. and the fatigue.. its seems no matter how much I sleep, Im never rested, always tired. I know theyre great signs, but I feel like crap!!!

I just ordered my Doppler should come this week :D cnt wait

Where can I find this? I looked on amazon and found them anywhere from $19 to over $500. Do I need an expensive one, or are the cheaper ones ok?

From experience get one with a probe like midwifes use. In my first pregnancy I bought a lindam one I just put on u and found I never got any where with it , it didn't use gel just a speaker and would never go for them again. I went for a sonoline b off eBay paid £30 which would be roughly $60 and iv read so many reviews of them working early from around 8 or 9 week. For this one you also need some ultrasound gel like they use wen u go for a scan this won't cost more than around $5 I just paid £2 for a 250ml bottle and that will b more than enough to last. So I would go for somethin like that.

This is the one https://www.clinicalguard.co.uk/il/...lZonmEHoTQaXgR3MxzNC3iapw8QnJSyXZYaAhk18P8HAQ

I'm feeling pretty down today. I'm sort of regretting doing this now but my husband works for an ER & had a friend who is a US tech do an abdominal US for us today. It was suppose to be just for fun so I could see the heartbeat & get an ultrasound picture to announce our pregnancy with. I'm suppose to be 9 weeks & baby measured 6.3 & she couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm not feeling very positive right now about this. If the dating is actual- there's no way baby is still alive because the dates of when I received my BFP just don't add up. I know abdominal's could be wrong & inaccurate. I have an appointment with our midwife tomorrow & I'll ask about getting a transvaginal done. I hate this emotional roller coaster ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->