2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Mykyerby, could be then!! Exciting!! 8 weeks is not long, its very different in the states to the UK. Would your work accommodate you if you needed restrictions?

MrsK, good luck!!! Totally with you on the bladder issue!!! Worse when they then try asking you to empty it a little bit:wacko:

Had our first US today and all went GREAT!!! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers today....Our little Rainbow baby is measuring a week ahead of schedule already! I should be 6w6d and baby is already measuring 7w4d!! New due date is 3/20/2015! Was also able to see the heartbeat today -- a strong 131! Already so in love.... <3<3<3<3:baby:

Attachments

• baby 7w4d 080514.jpg
    baby 7w4d 080514.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
Mykyerby, could be then!! Exciting!! 8 weeks is not long, its very different in the states to the UK. Would your work accommodate you if you needed restrictions?

I'm really not sure what would happen, I think legally they have to try to find me something light duty, but there aren't many options and they only have to hold my job for so long . I am an xray tech at a hospital and because I work weekend midnights I'm the only xray tech in the entire hospital at that time. I know when people did things like hurt their shoulders before they allowed them to work in mammo
instead, but I don't know in my case.

Yay Taquito:happydance: Congrats!!!

Mkyerby, I hope they do work around you if its needed, might be worth a look? Also I don't know how you do it working midnights!!:sleep:

All went well with telling my aunts. They were overjoyed. They told me stories about their pregnancies. Also that it is completely normal to act like the girl from the exorcist movie. The cake we ordered was perfect.
We left with a huge bag of greens and figs from their garden.

Other than this unending exhaustion I started bleeding again. Its so scary. Hopefully the doctors will have more answers on Thursday.

Laska I hope all is well. The numbers dont mean much after 6 weeks. However the scary part is not having a heartbeat. Did you have any bleeding after you got your first positive test? Also when was your first HCg done? Maybe you had a false positive in June and got pregnant shortly after? Just a thought. Either way, fingers and toes crossed that everything is okay.

So first scan is 4 weeks today but very tempted to pay for a private scan more for reassurance. £95 at private hospital. I have been spotting light brown now on and off for 3 weeks - midwife is not concerned at all but with this being my first I think I need some reassurance.

From my last lmp I'm 10 weeks from my last scan 3 weeks ago I'm just under 9 weeks but midwife says this should correct itself on my next scan. I'm hoping if everything is ok on this scan then I should be able to relax.

Do you think I should go ahead and pay or wait till my next NHS scan.

So first scan is 4 weeks today but very tempted to pay for a private scan more for reassurance. £95 at private hospital. I have been spotting light brown now on and off for 3 weeks - midwife is not concerned at all but with this being my first I think I need some reassurance.

From my last lmp I'm 10 weeks from my last scan 3 weeks ago I'm just under 9 weeks but midwife says this should correct itself on my next scan. I'm hoping if everything is ok on this scan then I should be able to relax.

In my experience scans have only added more stress than helped! haha! Every situation is different though!

Baby looks good! Heard the heartbeat and size is right on target. She was wiggling around :)

Attachments

• IMAG0950.jpg
    IMAG0950.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
So, they want me to come in for another scan on Friday. This'll be scan #3. I know I'm high risk, but seriously? I'm starting to wonder if it's really safe... That's a lot of scanning super early.

Yay for all the scans! Makes me excited to see my little bean in a week!

I think Tim Tams are a little crunchier, but it's been a long time since I've had a Penguin, so I'm not sure.

In the ultrasound waiting room. Someone needs to develop ultrasound technology that doesn't require a full bladder!
The doctor told me that was a myth!

Could you not ring up and change appointment? I had my booking appointment last week but too impatient to wait for letter so rang up the hostpital today, they had my details in the post box and she tried to put me in for september but told a porky pie and said ill be on holiday. So im now it for a week friday, that will make me 11 weeks 3 days by lmp. If your having a nuchal scan the earliest they can do is 11 weeks 2 days, the woman i spoke to said even if i had my dates wrong and it was too early then they would bring me in again at a later date. Or even if you ring them directly and say your still concerned about the bleeding they might just give you one anyways.

Could you not ring up and change appointment? I had my booking appointment last week but too impatient to wait for letter so rang up the hostpital today, they had my details in the post box and she tried to put me in for september but told a porky pie and said ill be on holiday. So im now it for a week friday, that will make me 11 weeks 3 days by lmp. If your having a nuchal scan the earliest they can do is 11 weeks 2 days, the woman i spoke to said even if i had my dates wrong and it was too early then they would bring me in again at a later date. Or even if you ring them directly and say your still concerned about the bleeding they might just give you one anyways.

Good idea ruthb hadn't thought of that ill phone in the morning - of course I forgot I'm on holiday that day ;-)

I have no idea what Tim Tams and Penguins are, but you ladies are certainly making me want some chocolate now...

Hahaha. I realllllllly wanted to eat a penguin earlier when I was googling choc bars!!

Now getting impatient waiting for my 1st scan which is 3 weeks away!

Oh, just a note for the other nervous first timers. I was kind of anxious about the transvaginal scan, but it wasn't bad at all. The room was dark and I was under a sheet, and she had me insert it myself, so she just moved it around. It wasn't a fraction as awkward as I expected, though I guess I'd better get used to awkward anyway since it can only get worse from here! She made a quick attempt at abdominal, then sent me off to pee before the tv one - she even commented on how badly I clearly had to go, it was pretty funny. The only bummer was the way their rooms are set up, I couldn't see the screen during the actual scan, but she made sure to show me afterwards, and DH was able to watch during and give me the thumbs up.

Good idea ruthb hadn't thought of that ill phone in the morning - of course I forgot I'm on holiday that day ;-)

Hah not just that day the two weeks surrounding that date so they dont put you any later and you get it at least a week earlier. Or just suggest the date you would like and if they have room i doubt theyll say no!

Nice scans, ladies!!

I'm the same with sleep.. i conk out easy for hours in the afternoon, then later at night have a hard time falling asleep, then its a light restless sleep until the wee hours of the morning, when its pure hell having to wake up to the alarm.

I also made the mistake today of having a torta for lunch... here in san Diego, tortas are a Mexican sandwich with beans, meat, avocado, jalenpeno, lettuce, tomato and mayo... really really good in the moment, but now I feel sick and indigestion and acid

All this talk about tim tams really makes me want some bon bons.. I really thought timtams would be ice cream balls dipped in chocolate... chocolate ice cream... yummmm (Homer Simpson voice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->