2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm wondering if there is just some odd chance my cycles hadn't gotten back to normal since getting my mirena out & I ovulated super late. I've heard crazy things about that- my periods since getting it out were really light. Not sure if that means anything. I'm waiting on today's hcg result & them we'll get another one in 48 hours, hopefully these will give us the answers we need either way. My husband seems optimistic but everything I read isn't good.

when did you first POAS and get a BFP. Let's say that you had only just fallen pregnant when you tested and you were exactly 4 weeks that day (2 weeks after ovulation) that would make the pregnancy earliest as possible.

That's what really doesn't add up. I got my BFP on June 29.

I got my bfp on June 30th and I'm in week 8 now...

Just curious when was your LMP? Mine was June 1st which is what gives me 9 weeks. But it was really light.

Symptoms today have been about the same as they have been. Sore boobs in the morning, bloating that comes on as soon as I eat, some fatigue- but worked a lot today on the house. (hoping to sell it soon). Some right lower quadrant pains which I'm not really sure what those were- nothing bad just uncomfortable.

I THINK I've got everyone up to date on EDD & I added Nursebecky (welcome girl & congrats!!). Please let me know if I have missed someone!

Hi girls! Ooh I, loving a gift exchange idea! I would luuuurve me some british treats and would send any Canadians abroad a stash of maple sugar and Bretons haha!

Got everything crossed for you laska honey and hoping it's all a weird dating thing or something.

And wow I'm thinking of our bed rest girls too! Sounds like it would be heaven until you actually have to do it. Maybe we can come up with things to do for you to pass the time.... I will go first...so... If it was me on bedrest I would..
1) read the Harry potter books
2) teach myself to knit or crochet
3) write my Christmas cards ready to post (ok that's not great fun, but I send them in feb every year...)

I'm kind of intrigued to see what other suggestions you get now!!!

Swampmaiden, yup, I'm in North county, Rancho Bernardo! MIL lives in Clairemont, close enough and far enough lol but we're there pretty regular :) Are you delivering at scripps memorial? San Diego is such a beautiful place:thumbup:

cmr01 :happydance: Will you find out the gender or go team yellow?

It'll be a lot of fun to find things to send:haha:

Laska, are you newly off any birth control like the pill or implant etc? That might put off ovulation while your cycles are getting back in sync

Anyone have any tips for dealing with stomach ulcer/gastritis? I'm having a flare up from using ibuprofen when I'm not meant to (due to the tooth that needs out but dentist needs OB letter to even do it under local:wacko: ) and my usual meds aren't helping much. The sickness isn't helping either I don't think.

:

Zantac or omeprazole are supposed to be safe to take in pregnancy. I'm pretty sure you can buy both over the counter in the US or ask your OB.

Hope you feel better soon!! :hugs:

I would probably just spend an embarrassing amount of time on Facebook :p Maybe knit some baby stuff. And I'd spend way too much money on Kindle books. And probably do a lot of virtual baby shopping online, looking at nurseries and such.

Actually I would also work out Pinterest and start gathering cool pictures of things I like! I'm a bit rubbish with IT based things though...! I'm old haha!

Honestly drmum it starts off with all the great ideas and usually ends up laying around watching tv:sleep: And online lol:haha:

Thanks, I have protonix and sucralfate and some mast cell stabilizing stuff but its not doing much! I managed to get an appointment to see my pcp tomorrow 8am, now to see if can get out the door that early! Ulcers suck!!! I got my first as a young teenager:wacko:

Laska, are you newly off any birth control like the pill or implant etc? That might put off ovulation while your cycles are getting back in sync

I had Mirena removed back in March after almost 5 years- had 3 cycles before I received my BFP- but never tempted so I really have no idea what my ovulation dates were. I'm hoping thats just what it is, having such a high hcg seems really reassuring but tomorrow's blood draw will have more answers hopefully- but won't get those results Thursday morning & I have to work that day- not looking forward to that!

Mummy3, I'm soooo the wrong person to ask, but I believe you "pin" pictures of things you like, or recipes or ideas and then other people can see things too. So I'm guessing I would start out looking at nursery ideas etc and end up pinning post natal diets and spanx haha!

What are you supposed to do with pinterest?

It's kind of like bookmarking websites, but instead of being saved on your browser on your computer, it's on the website, so you can access it from everywhere. It's nice because you can sort all your pinned pages so you can have a recipes board and a baby stuff board and a home decor board or whatever. Very handy if you have a habit of seeing sites, saying "That's so cool! I have to remember that!" and immediately forgetting...

Your friends can follow you, and you can follow your friends, too, so you can look through each others pins and get ideas and recipes and stuff.

What are you supposed to do with pinterest?

It's kind of like bookmarking websites, but instead of being saved on your browser on your computer, it's on the website, so you can access it from everywhere. It's nice because you can sort all your pinned pages so you can have a recipes board and a baby stuff board and a home decor board or whatever. Very handy if you have a habit of seeing sites, saying "That's so cool! I have to remember that!" and immediately forgetting...

Your friends can follow you, and you can follow your friends, too, so you can look through each others pins and get ideas and recipes and stuff.

I knew someone smarter than me would know! Thanks mrs k!

I would love to take part in some sort of exchange! No idea what I'd send from Canada, but I think it would still be fun!

Laska that would make sense in a lot of ways, did you do a lot of tests when you did your first bfp or not? Trying to make sense of the dates:hugs: Don't envy you working with all the stress!:hugs:

So kind of an online scrapbook? I went to look at it and it looks cool but also complicated lol. Might need to get a list of cars up, going to have to get a bigger one:dohh:

I've heard about Poutine being very good from a Canadian friend, not sure how that would ship though!

I've heard about Poutine being very good from a Canadian friend, not sure how that would ship though!

I'm guessing not good, but we could always pin the recipe on your new Pinterest board!! :haha:

pintrest is a lot of fun but be careful with all your pinning if you haven't announced. Anyone who is 'following' you will see all your baby pins & start wondering!! I had someone ask me a lot time ago (way before I was even considering having a baby) if I was pregnant because of a couple pins. hah!

I have a board titled "All my friends are pregnant" for just that reason. I've had it for awhile, and I do use it for gift ideas, but I've also pinned some things that I like. You can have a few secret boards, too, and I started a baby board once I actually got pregnant, because I can only get away with so many cribs in a board that's supposed to be about my friends ;)

I too have a secret baby board on Pinterst that no one else can see. I'm really not that into Pinterst though, just kinda got one to see what it was all about.

Are you delivering at scripps memorial? San Diego is such a beautiful place:thumbup:

No, I'm not doing the hospital route... I got pretty disillusioned off the big business called hospitals while going through my miscarriages, and I've been through several doctors that were less than helpful. I'm totally over it.

This time, I'm having a midwife and I'm giving birth in a Birth Center.

Plus I've heard so many terrible stories of doctors rushing women through labor, inducing them willy nilly with Pitocin just so the doctor wouldnt miss his dinner plans, or because it was late and the doctor wanted to go home... its such bs...

So I'm just hoping that this pregnancy goes uncomplicated, because if I had to actually get an OB, I'd likely go to a private practice rather than some mega-hospital complex where they don't tell you how much anything costs until you get a bill in the mail weeks later for some ungodly amount

Yes, you can tell i have an opinion on hospitals lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->