2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh, just a note for the other nervous first timers. I was kind of anxious about the transvaginal scan, but it wasn't bad at all. The room was dark and I was under a sheet, and she had me insert it myself, so she just moved it around. It wasn't a fraction as awkward as I expected, though I guess I'd better get used to awkward anyway since it can only get worse from here! She made a quick attempt at abdominal, then sent me off to pee before the tv one - she even commented on how badly I clearly had to go, it was pretty funny. The only bummer was the way their rooms are set up, I couldn't see the screen during the actual scan, but she made sure to show me afterwards, and DH was able to watch during and give me the thumbs up.

I have my first ever pelvic exam and pap tomorrow, and I keep telling myself the same thing about awkwardness. Also, thinking about all you guys getting the tv ultrasounds and things makes me feel better, too!

Well, the pap is bound to be more awkward. That's never fun! It's never hurt or anything (for me, at least), but it's weird being on display like that. But hey, you get a baby out of it! Might as well get used to it now :p

By the time you're in labor, the entire hospital, including gift shop staff, will have given you an internal. ;) You won't even care at that point. LOL.

(Or maybe that was just my labor with my son!)

That's what I've heard! Forget your modesty now, because they confiscate it at check-in ;)

Yeah pretty much give up the modesty:haha:

Squirral, I hope you get answers on thursday:hugs:

Menally I wouldn't worry about the scans if the doctor decides the pros outweigh the cons:hugs:

Swampmaiden, where in San Diego are you?

By the time you're in labor, the entire hospital, including gift shop staff, will have given you an internal. ;) You won't even care at that point. LOL.

(Or maybe that was just my labor with my son!)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swampmaiden - that sandwich sounds amazing! (Apart from the meat, I've gone off meat completely!)

Oh and I agree, the first thing I thought when I saw the picture of the Tim tam was that it looks like a penguin! And now I definitely want a cup of tea and a penguin to dunk.. No chocolate in the house either, gutted!

I had a nice big waffle with fruit for lunch, but all of a sudden I'm really hungry. Someone send Tim Tams!

Oh geeze- just found out I'm officially the new moderator. Message me if you need your EDD updated. Hopefully I haven't really had a miscarriage so the mod. Doesn't have to be changed again.

Laska:hugs: I really hope you get to stay our new moderator :hugs: How're your symptoms today?

Anyone have any tips for dealing with stomach ulcer/gastritis? I'm having a flare up from using ibuprofen when I'm not meant to (due to the tooth that needs out but dentist needs OB letter to even do it under local:wacko: ) and my usual meds aren't helping much. The sickness isn't helping either I don't think.

Anyone in the UK craving American stuff? We can do a switch to get cravings sorted:haha:

Mummy3, I'm in the US and OK on food, but doesn't that sound fun for us? Doing some sort of gift exchange? Maybe we could send baby stuff, or pamper yourself while pregnant stuff, or food if sending to a different culture? But something fun like that? We've got 7-8 more months to burn... why not do something fun like that? (I mean, no one would be OBLIGATED to play along, but it'd be fun to do within the group...)

Oh, just a note for the other nervous first timers. I was kind of anxious about the transvaginal scan, but it wasn't bad at all. The room was dark and I was under a sheet, and she had me insert it myself, so she just moved it around. It wasn't a fraction as awkward as I expected, though I guess I'd better get used to awkward anyway since it can only get worse from here! She made a quick attempt at abdominal, then sent me off to pee before the tv one - she even commented on how badly I clearly had to go, it was pretty funny. The only bummer was the way their rooms are set up, I couldn't see the screen during the actual scan, but she made sure to show me afterwards, and DH was able to watch during and give me the thumbs up.
I had a TV scan with my last pregnancy, when my MMC was diagnosed. They couldn't see anything with the abdominal one, so had to use a TV. I was nervous about it, but like you said, it really wasn't that bad at all. It was slightly uncomfortable when they had trouble finding my ovaries, but again, only slightly. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Ugh. I've been absolutely exhausted today. I got used to having naps all weekend long, and when nap time rolled around today I had a hard time keeping my eyes open! It doesn't help that I work in child care, and I have to rock the children to sleep in a dark, quiet room.
Other than that, my nausea hasn't been too bad today, but my bloat is out of control again. I swear I look 5 or 6 months along just because of bloat!!

I had another scan today. Baby looks perfect. Heartbeat was 146. Apparently my sch is gone! Wahoooo!

I've been so dizzy & tired lately. I feel like I am no fun to be around :(

Woo hoo! Glad to hear your SCH is gone!
OH has actually TOLD me I'm no fun to be around! :haha: I guess I'm just not feeling up to doing too much lately! :shrug:

Mummy3, I'm in the US and OK on food, but doesn't that sound fun for us? Doing some sort of gift exchange? Maybe we could send baby stuff, or pamper yourself while pregnant stuff, or food if sending to a different culture? But something fun like that? We've got 7-8 more months to burn... why not do something fun like that? (I mean, no one would be OBLIGATED to play along, but it'd be fun to do within the group...)

This sounds like a wonderful idea!! Very cute and fun to do!

Menelly, brilliant plan:happydance:

Snowbunnie so glad your sch is gone!!!:hugs:

Had my first ultrasound today, everything went great. We got lots of pics and heart beat was a good 168 bpm. Couldn't be any happier right now. Eeeek....also have a strong feeling its a girl this time. Also id love to do that gift exchange game. Sounds like fun!

The gift exchange sounds fun. I'd consider joining in, depending on finances at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->