2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Laska that would make sense in a lot of ways, did you do a lot of tests when you did your first bfp or not? Trying to make sense of the dates:hugs: Don't envy you working with all the stress!:hugs:

I appreciate it! I'm trying to make sense of it all too!

I had taken 4 tests total, 2 the week before I got my BFP that were negative & 2 the day of my BFP. Two days later I had an HCG done. I don't remember what the results were either 240 or 420 - either way they were in normal range for the 4ish weeks that I thought I was at the time.

Mummy3 I think we will find out but I want it to be a surprise still. I think I read on here about someone having the ultrasound tech writing the gender down and then having a surprise that way. I wanted to do that and have a bbq with the fam and have silly string. I was going to talk to my sister if she'll help plan and have a photographer there to capture the familys expressions when we start spraying to find out the gender.

Mummy3 I think we will find out but I want it to be a surprise still. I think I read on here about someone having the ultrasound tech writing the gender down and then having a surprise that way. I wanted to do that and have a bbq with the fam and have silly string. I was going to talk to my sister if she'll help plan and have a photographer there to capture the familys expressions when we start spraying to find out the gender.

That's what I'm doing! I'm having the tech put it in an envelope and giving it to my sister to plan a surprise (it will make her feel good to be a part of everything).

i want to get the envelope thting done too but i think it will be too hard for me not to look

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about finding out. On one hand I want to find out so I can plan (and if it's a girl say I told you so to DH) but on the other I want a delivery surprise. More than likely I will end up finding out though at the u/s.

I also want to do a gender reveal! I'm going to be do anxious to know though, it's going to be hard. I just found out though that my husband won't be able to go to the gender ultrasound, do that will make it a little easier to wait and find out together =)
I'm not sure how I'm going to reveal though. There are so many cute ideas! I really like the spectacle that the balloons in the box makes, but it seems like it's become really popular...

I really like the idea of the gift box exchange :thumbup: although I have no idea what anyone would want from the uk, other than Penguins of course :haha:

I'm far too impatient to do any sort of special gender reveal. I'm planning to get a private scan at 16 weeks to find out too. To be honest, I actually don't know anyone that has done a special gender reveal here in the uk?

Laska, when you get a chance, can you change my edd to the 3rd please? It was changed at my scan last week, hopefully it sticks there now and doesn't have to change again at the 12 week scan :dohh:

It seems so far off, but we should do a secret santa! There are lots of yummy things like pastries here in France, but I'm trying to think of things that would ship well...

In terms of wanting a birth surprise, no matter whether you know the sex or not, the birth is a unique experience, and meeting your little one for the first time is quite the surprise in itself. I'm with MrsK, I can't wait to know if it's a boy/girl!

Secret Santa sounds a fun idea

Managed to get my scan brought forward by 1 week thanks ruthb. Now 2 weeks on Tuesday at 13 weeks rather than 14 weeks :happydance:

FXd everything is ok so I can share this secret arghhh. :happydance:

It seems so far off, but we should do a secret santa! There are lots of yummy things like pastries here in France, but I'm trying to think of things that would ship well...

Sounds like a fab idea!!! Love secret santa.

I'm in a wonderful group on Facebook which came together with some ladies in my last November group here. We are about half UK and half other and have done various sweets exchanges and a secret Santa. It's really wonderful fun!

popular UK sweets have been Jaffa cakes, hobnobs, and flapjacks (I think). I've not heard of penguins, but they sound good too!

UK girls had a fascination with peeps!

I'd love to take part in an exchange but not financially a good idea right now. Hopefully when it rolls around though.

I have my big appointment in an hour from now. I'm nervous. I hope things go ok. I have to work afterwards, so I hope it's smooth sailing. I probably won't be able to update until this evening.
Hope everyone has a good day/night depending on where you are.

Hey ladies! I know I've not been on much lately. We got back from vacation this weekend and then I started back to work after having the whole summer off! Congrats to any new comers and I'm sorry for those who have had losses. I've not had any more bleeding since the 26th of July but I'm still a ball of nerves going into my ultrasound today. 2 1\2 more hours to go....I may throw up! The gift exchange is a neat idea. I would have to hold off until around October since I won't get paid until the end of September. I switched school systems and that was the one downfall, but there are many perks ;)

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you today Laska! :hugs:

I think the idea of Secret Santa sounds awesome! That'll let everyone have time to get some money together, and we could do it in Nov or so? Those who plan on knowing gender would know by then, etc. :) That's an awesome idea!

Secret Santa is an awesome idea!!:happydance: Is it bad to want to start shopping for it now??:haha:

Swampmaiden, that totally makes sense:hugs: I didn't know they had a birth center here, that's so cool! DO they do gas and air? Really miss that stuff!! I cant do the home birth or midwife route but I do have a really good OB who's very pro natural, she's even concidering my VBAC plan (I did 2 vaginal, then a c section for preavia then a VBAC and then a C section for abruption) which is a big deal here! She's a private OB too, so if it does come to it I can always pass along her info:thumbup: Really hope the VBAC can happen, C sections are not fun and my babies do 4cm to out in 15 mins :rofl: way easier!!

Uk things ermmmm, those hippos, the kinder ones, green hula hoops, proper dairy milk:haha: When I send my friends packages from over here they usually want reeses peanut butter things, Cheetos and the seasonal gummy candies, Oh and peeps yes!! so any requests now so can get a good idea ready:thumbup:

French macaroons :haha:

Bucherworm, thinking of you today, please update:hugs:

Laska, I got speaking to a longtime bnb friend last night, she had a pregnancy where she conceived twice a fair bit apart, from what I understand a month or so:wacko: Its pretty rare I think but then to actually speak to someone who has had that happen makes you wonder! Got everything crossed hun, we're all here for you:hugs::hugs:

Okies getting told to hurry:wacko:

Anyone else's boobs not as sore lately? For a while just putting on a t-shirt was incredibly sensitive, but now I don't notice it. My exhaustion is still out of control, though. I had to force myself out of bed at 9 this morning.

Also- does anyone else have any intuition regarding the gender of their baby? With DS, I knew right away. I even bought boy clothes before my gender scan. With DD, I was hopeful that it was a girl, but since her pregnancy was so identical to DS's, I thought she was another boy. With this one, I'm not too strongly convinced of either gender (yet), but I am leaning girl for some reason.

Well, I survived my physical and pap. I had to get my blood drawn today, which I knew about. Only one vial versus the 8 last time, so I don't feel faint this time. It wasn't too bad. The nurse was in the room, and the doctor talked to me the whole time. Commenting on my tattoos. He let me get dressed before we did 20 questions about health and things, which was nice.
I have to call on Friday to check my blood results for the thyroid. I guess it was right on the border, and he normally wouldn't be to worried, but he wants to make sure everything is perfect with me for the pregnancy. I also told them about the midwife and they were happy for me about that. I have one more visit at the doctor the beginning of September. I might get to hear the heartbeat then.
I have a few minutes at home to eat some lunch before I have to leave for work.

Secret Santa is an awesome idea!!:happydance: Is it bad to want to start shopping for it now??:haha:

Swampmaiden, that totally makes sense:hugs: I didn't know they had a birth center here, that's so cool! DO they do gas and air? Really miss that stuff!! I cant do the home birth or midwife route but I do have a really good OB who's very pro natural, she's even concidering my VBAC plan (I did 2 vaginal, then a c section for preavia then a VBAC and then a C section for abruption) which is a big deal here! She's a private OB too, so if it does come to it I can always pass along her info:thumbup: Really hope the VBAC can happen, C sections are not fun and my babies do 4cm to out in 15 mins :rofl: way easier!!

Uk things ermmmm, those hippos, the kinder ones, green hula hoops, proper dairy milk:haha: When I send my friends packages from over here they usually want reeses peanut butter things, Cheetos and the seasonal gummy candies, Oh and peeps yes!! so any requests now so can get a good idea ready:thumbup:

French macaroons :haha:

Bucherworm, thinking of you today, please update:hugs:

Laska, I got speaking to a longtime bnb friend last night, she had a pregnancy where she conceived twice a fair bit apart, from what I understand a month or so:wacko: Its pretty rare I think but then to actually speak to someone who has had that happen makes you wonder! Got everything crossed hun, we're all here for you:hugs::hugs:

Okies getting told to hurry:wacko:

Oh i love surprises, id say id be happy to try anything that you guys have in the UK that we dont have in the US. But I do like the idea of letting us all know if you like certain things to let us all know what to put in the goody box's. This just sounds like so much fun.

Anyone else's boobs not as sore lately? For a while just putting on a t-shirt was incredibly sensitive, but now I don't notice it. My exhaustion is still out of control, though. I had to force myself out of bed at 9 this morning.

Also- does anyone else have any intuition regarding the gender of their baby? With DS, I knew right away. I even bought boy clothes before my gender scan. With DD, I was hopeful that it was a girl, but since her pregnancy was so identical to DS's, I thought she was another boy. With this one, I'm not too strongly convinced of either gender (yet), but I am leaning girl for some reason.

For me I think im convinced its a girl. This pregnancy is just so different than DS, im breaking out all the time. I swear its a little brat sucking the life out of me already lol. And I have bought girl stuff already too. A cute play pen for 3 bucks brand new!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->