2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Milky Bars! They're hard to find here. Mmmm, delicious. And the eclairs candy, with the chocolate covered in caramel.

Oh my, I was away for a few days and it's so hard to get caught up! I hope everyone is doing well!

Laska, I am thinking of you! xx

Woke up with a super sore throat, hard to breathe, and I think my neck glands are swollen... Is this dangerous for the baby?

Hope everyone is keeping well, sorry to those with losses and good luck to those awaiting scans!

I finally received my appointment for my 12 weeks scan - I'll be 12+6 which is ages away so I've booked in for a private scan this Saturday.

My symptoms have pretty much disappeared lately so it's been playing on my mind, think I just need the reassurance everything is ok and to see a little heartbeat!

My gut instinct is another girl again :) But we'll be staying team :yellow:

Woke up with a super sore throat, hard to breathe, and I think my neck glands are swollen... Is this dangerous for the baby?

No you should be fine. Be careful with the medication you might take as some may not be safe in pregnancy

You know, The Bump could have found a more attractive fruit comparison than prunes. I enjoy prunes, but they are not a pretty food...

You know, The Bump could have found a more attractive fruit comparison than prunes. I enjoy prunes, but they are not a pretty food...

:haha::haha:

Snap due date buddy!

I eat prunes / prune juice as a ahem dietary necessity - not for pleasure!! :dohh:

Hi Ladies,

I have been following the thread but this is my first post here.

Laska I wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and I am really hoping for a good outcome for you! :hugs:

Missfrick- I got really sick with DS1 right after I got my BFP. Besides being really annoying because I couldn't take any of the over-the-counter stuff I normally would have there were no other problems. I think it will really depend on what you end up having. Maybe some mild throat lozenges and see how it goes in the next couple of days, if it gets substanially worse or you get scared call your doc or a med hotline or something.

:haha::haha:

Snap due date buddy!

I eat prunes / prune juice as a ahem dietary necessity - not for pleasure!! :dohh:

Since when are prunes and inch and a half anyway? That's more strawberry sized, if you ask me.

Hope you feel better soon, MissFrick. I can't take most cold medicines even when I'm not sick (I have a terrible reaction to one of the most commonly used drugs), and being limited to cough drops makes them so much worse. Talk to your doctor about what teas are ok, and then drink lots with honey, make sure you have cough drops, take a Tylenol if the pain really starts to get to you, and try to rest. If you think allergies might be contributing, Benadryl and Claritin are safe, just don't accidentally take Claritin D. I don't think even a bad cold holds any risk for the baby, just lots of discomfort for mama.

I am definitely willing to participate in a secret santa, just let me know...

During my last pregnancy my job was working with little ones, so I was sick basically all fall and winter! I didn't take anything other than lozenges, but DD turned out big and healthy! She actually didn't have her first cold until she was about a year and a half, so maybe she got some extra antibodies while she was in there? Oh, and the breastfeeding didn't hurt!

Unfortunately I don't think macaroons would stand up to the (sometimes) 3-week shipping time. Maybe if I sent some to the UK they would make it under a week? Otherwise we have some really amazing chocolate here, but it's from Swiss and Belgian traditions. I didn't know that I liked dark chocolate until I tried the "real" stuff. Oh, and the Nutella.... can't keep it in the house!

During my last pregnancy my job was working with little ones, so I was sick basically all fall and winter! I didn't take anything other than lozenges, but DD turned out big and healthy! She actually didn't have her first cold until she was about a year and a half, so maybe she got some extra antibodies while she was in there? Oh, and the breastfeeding didn't hurt!

Unfortunately I don't think macaroons would stand up to the (sometimes) 3-week shipping time. Maybe if I sent some to the UK they would make it under a week? Otherwise we have some really amazing chocolate here, but it's from Swiss and Belgian traditions. I didn't know that I liked dark chocolate until I tried the "real" stuff. Oh, and the Nutella.... can't keep it in the house!

This momma loves nutella!

Hope you feel better soon, MissFrick. I can't take most cold medicines even when I'm not sick (I have a terrible reaction to one of the most commonly used drugs), and being limited to cough drops makes them so much worse. Talk to your doctor about what teas are ok, and then drink lots with honey, make sure you have cough drops, take a Tylenol if the pain really starts to get to you, and try to rest. If you think allergies might be contributing, Benadryl and Claritin are safe, just don't accidentally take Claritin D. I don't think even a bad cold holds any risk for the baby, just lots of discomfort for mama.

I have been battling a cold for over 3 weeks now. I went to the doctor on Sunday just to be sure the cough hasn’t turned into bronchitis or pneumonia. Luckily it hasn’t, but the coughing is out of control! I even called the nurse again yesterday and had her reassure me the coughing isn’t hurting the baby. She said the baby is safe in there and not affected at all. But, I am unable to take any meds because she told me that even the meds that are “pregnancy safe” are not recommended until after 12 weeks because now is such a crucial time for brain development. So, I’ve been told to rest, drink lots of water and gargle with warm salt water. I’m not kidding you, my cough is terrible…my abs feel like I’ve just done thousands of sit ups! :sad1:

Oh, and I LOVE the secret santa idea! :xmas6:

I have been battling a cold for over 3 weeks now. I went to the doctor on Sunday just to be sure the cough hasn’t turned into bronchitis or pneumonia. Luckily it hasn’t, but the coughing is out of control! I even called the nurse again yesterday and had her reassure me the coughing isn’t hurting the baby. She said the baby is safe in there and not affected at all. But, I am unable to take any meds because she told me that even the meds that are “pregnancy safe” are not recommended until after 12 weeks because now is such a crucial time for brain development. So, I’ve been told to rest, drink lots of water and gargle with warm salt water. I’m not kidding you, my cough is terrible…my abs feel like I’ve just done thousands of sit ups! :sad1:

Oh, and I LOVE the secret santa idea! :xmas6:

For what it's worth, my midwife is ok with occasional Tylenol and Claritin even in the first trimester. I don't think she'd want me drugging myself up every day, but sometimes you have to do something. I guess it just comes down to personal comfort level.

I have given in to the Tylenol...I'm thinking more along the lines of the cold meds :)

Ah, yeah. I have no idea on the cold meds. I'm pretty sure dextromethorphan is actually made of pure evil :p Then again, it makes me want to curl up in a little ball in a dark room, so I guess baby's in the ideal position to deal with it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->