2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

So sorry, Laska. I'd be happy to take over if you can make a request for the switch.

I'm out of nausea meds! Watching the mailbox for my new script. Yuck.

Thoughts are with you laska.. Hoping you get your rainbow soon.

Glad you got some reassurance bowmans!

I had a day of work yesterday and my sister asked me to babysit my 4 year old niece. I met up with my other sister who has two boys, went for some food and then came back to mine. I always knew that kids aren't easy but my god looking after kids when you're pregnant!!! I feel for all of you ladies that do this every day as I was completely done in, I work typical 9-5 and usually feel tired after work but no where near as pooped as I felt yesterday! Think I've decided I only want one hah.

My eldest sister is also pregnant and she just found out she's having a boy! Feel like I'm going to have a girl as that means the last 4 pregnancies in my family has been boys!

Hi everyone, can I join? My due date is March 22nd, 2015!!

If I listen to old wives tales, I think I may be having a boy. The heart rate was 125 bpm at my 6-week scan, but with my DD it was 143 bpm (at 13 weeks). Also my nausea is stronger than I remember last time around, but that could just be the maternal quality of forgetting all the bad once you see that squishy face for the first time...

I'm also not having aversions to meat. Au contraire, I'm craving it!

Laska - so sorry for your loss :hug::hug:

Bookity - could you add me to the Facebook group? Just sent you a pm with my email address.

msp_teen - Welcome!

invite sent chimama

I'm sooo craving meat too! I was at the store yesterday and in the deli I impulse bought BBQ ribs and ate half of it as I was putting groceries away. It was sooooooooooooo good!

Ribs! That's what I made hubby go to the store for last week. Now I want some meat-lovers pizza.

I'm craving meat too! I really want TGI Friday Ribs in Jack Daniels sauce....

Meat, blech :p I managed a few ounces of chicken last night! Good thing, because DH put a lot of time and effort into cooking it. I can only really eat it if it's in small pieces and heavily seasoned. Or if it's bacon. Bacon is always good. Poor DH has given up on getting a hamburger between now and March ;) All his favorite burger places mostly only do burgers.

I had a day of work yesterday and my sister asked me to babysit my 4 year old niece. I met up with my other sister who has two boys, went for some food and then came back to mine. I always knew that kids aren't easy but my god looking after kids when you're pregnant!!! I feel for all of you ladies that do this every day as I was completely done in, I work typical 9-5 and usually feel tired after work but no where near as pooped as I felt yesterday! Think I've decided I only want one hah.

To be fair, I find babysitting other people's kids to be much more work than parenting my own two. With your kids, they have the manners you've instilled in them, you know their behavior, etc. With other people's kids, you are dealing with another set of behaviors (some that you wouldn't allow your own children to get away with) and manners, and you only have so much authority over them.

AFM- I have a baby shower to attend this afternoon, so I was at Babies R Us shopping yesterday. It really made me excited to do this all over again. <3 Now if only I can find out the gender already.. I'm ready to start shopping!

I sent a request to join on FB, Amy Cutting:thumbup:

Hope everyones having a good weekend:flower:

Its 100% much harder watching other peoples kids!

Frenchie, I hope your meds get to you ASAP!!:hugs:

bdb84, enjoy the baby shower, they're so much fun!! So is baby shopping:haha:

I was exhausted after watching my nephew recently. And he's a sweet, well behaved, immobile baby. I sure hope you guys are right about my own kid being easier!

Thanks, mummy3. Got some meds in my belly right now!

Taking care of your own children isn't necessarily easier, but more predictable, and therefore possibly less stressful. Also you don't have to 'answer' to anyone, even if the parents are good friends or family. Raising your own children is a humbling experience, but I think you can call yourself successful if you do it on your own terms. You get into a pattern, which for most people is comforting.

Every time I use the restroom, I check for blood. Sometimes I shove the toilet paper a little far up there to check around my cervix, too. Well, about an hour ago, I did this and had one itty bitty spot of red blood on the toilet paper (about the size of a sesame seed). I got a new piece of tp and tried again. Same thing. One sesame seed sized red spot on paper.

I kind of freaked out. :(

I've had nothing else since and I'm trying to tell myself it's absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. I had this with my DD's pregnancy, but it was always after intercourse and DH and I haven't been intimate in nearly a week.

I'll probably call my OB on Monday and convince him to squeeze me in for an u/s. I need to know that everything is okay.

Every time I use the restroom, I check for blood. Sometimes I shove the toilet paper a little far up there to check around my cervix, too. Well, about an hour ago, I did this and had one itty bitty spot of red blood on the toilet paper (about the size of a sesame seed). I got a new piece of tp and tried again. Same thing. One sesame seed sized red spot on paper.

I've had nothing else since and I'm trying to tell myself it's absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. I had this with my DD's pregnancy, but it was always after intercourse and DH and I haven't been intimate in nearly a week.

I'll probably call my OB on Monday and convince him to squeeze me in for an u/s. I need to know that everything is okay.

Is it possible you nicked yourself with a fingernail or something? Whenever I wipe I check for blood on the tp, but I also keep my fingers out of myself...

They say spotting in the first trimester is normal. I think you should be fine as long as you don't need a pad for the bleeding. :) Plus it might have been easily irritated by using your finger to check it.

I think you girls are right. I know I shouldn't be so invasive, but I'm overly paranoid about spotting, to the point that I've probably brought it onto myself. No more of that, though.

I'll still probably go in Monday for a beta draw, just for peace of mind.

Wow...I really need to keep up with this thread. But life gets in the way way too much and I kinda forget about checking in.... :blush:

So sorry to hear about the recent losses that some have experienced! :hugs: FX that you'll get your sticky soon.

I had a scan two days ago, on 10w1d (or 10w0d as my midwife says). At first she couldn't find anything and I figured that it was to good to be true. They had taken my blood and everything seemed fine, but she couldn't find any baby. It seems like a mc is so very common that I somehow have came to term with the fact that it could also happen to me. My midwife then assured me that the machine could only detect babies that are 10w or older, and she could see something but that the baby probably was a bit younger than we thought (more like 7-8 weeks).

But after a few minutes "searching" - we saw the baby! With a flickering heart and it moved! It moved...wow...it's still hard to grasp that we saw our little bean move. Like he or she waved to us. :cloud9: <3

The midwife said that the baby is probably close to our estimated age, but could be just a few days younger than we thought. So maybe 9w3d or something.

I'm still very cautious about this, but wow. What an amazing feeling seeing your baby for the first time!

We're back in two weeks to do another scan to check the age of the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->