2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

thank you Frenchie- I've tried being in contact with an administrator, but no one is getting back with me.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Laska5, just popped on to check in and was heart breaking to see your signature. Thinking of you and hope you get your 2015 rainbow. xxx

Is the no alcohol thing hard for anyone else?

I would love a glass of wine right now. I have a few friends that had a few glasses of wine during their pregnancy. I don't know if I could though.... Thoughts?

Is the no alcohol thing hard for anyone else?

I would love a glass of wine right now. I have a few friends that had a few glasses of wine during their pregnancy. I don't know if I could though.... Thoughts?

I heard it was okay to have a glass or two a month...

Personally, I won't have any. Although I have known a couple of midwives say that a small glass on a special occasion wouldn't be anything to worry about. I had a bottle of non-alcoholic wine tonight, it was nice, so nice in fact that I was swigging it from the bottle before bed, i'm so classy, lol. In my last pregnancy I found ginger beer was a good alternative as it has the kick, a bit like the alcohol does.

I had a couple glasses in my last pregnancy, and will do the same once I'm out of the first trimester. My OB says there's absolutely nothing wrong with it- no baby ever was born with FAS from a few glasses of wine. It's from persistent binge drinking.

Heck, a friend of mine did not know she was pregnant until she was 7 months along. She's a big partier and got drunk every single weekend until she found out at 28 weeks. Her daughter is just fine. So, although I'd never tempt fate to that extreme, I'm in the camp that even a glass a week is just fine (per my OB who has been in this field for nearly 30 years).

I just sent a request on FB.
Megan. :)
Might be a little easier for me to keep up lol.

I'm also having some random symptom free days. Then I have days of random nausea. Always hungry tho, I can't stay away from sweets! Ugh.

Last night we went out to celebrate our engagement, and one of our friends had called ahead and ordered us a really expensive vintage bottle of Dom Perignon champagne... I had about 6 sips total (small, little ones, probably a total of 1/4 ounce or less) and felt HORRIBLE for it... poor fiance drank the rest of the bottle on his own (I say "poor" but he was having a pretty fun time last night). Today we went to celebrate a friend's birthday at a park, and again, they had a bottle of champagne for us to celebrate. Well, I really felt guilty after last night, so fiance drank all the champagne out of my cup - will be so much easier in 2 weeks when we announce lol. He also keeps saying it would be ok for me to have some as a toast at our wedding, but I told him I will do sparkling apple juice or something. I was pretty adamant about not drinking at all during pregnancy since I am a lightweight anyhow, and I know I did not drink even close to enough to do even a pinch of harm, but I still feel super-guilty about it.

However, that being said, that's my personal decision. I have friends who have had a beer a couple times over the course of their pregnancy (and I truly mean like, 2, over the course of the entire 9 months) and fiance's sister would have a glass of wine here and there. But for me, it's not something I feel comfortable doing.

I'm the same, my symptoms come & go.... It really stresses me out :( My cramps have gone AWOL & I want them back! At least it showed something was happening in there!

I think an odd glass if wine is fine. I have felt too nauseous the last few weeks but if I make it to 2nd tri I will certainly be having a cheeky glass once in a while 🍷

I'm more of a mojito girl myself.... Might have to have a mocktail sometime soon Xxx

Yes! There's a fb group called March-mallows. You should be able to search for it now or give us your email and we can send you an invite.

France has a very big zero-consumption campaign for drinking during pregnancy. However women who smoke are told that they should not go cold turkey if it's too stressful, and can have as many as three cigarettes a day! WTF! The rationale is that FAS is worse than having an underweight baby from smoking. Bogus!

Yes! There's a fb group called March-mallows. You should be able to search for it now or give us your email and we can send you an invite.

Thank you, I will! :) Is it hidden? I haven't told everybody about me being pregnant so I don't want everybody om my FB to know just yet...

For the last two nights i havve woken up to a burning sensation in my throat and then i have to throw up. I tried antacids but no relief. :( i thought heartburn and indegestion would not hit til week 27....

France has a very big zero-consumption campaign for drinking during pregnancy. However women who smoke are told that they should not go cold turkey if it's too stressful, and can have as many as three cigarettes a day! WTF! The rationale is that FAS is worse than having an underweight baby from smoking. Bogus!

Yeah wow, that makes absolutely no sense!

For the last two nights i havve woken up to a burning sensation in my throat and then i have to throw up. I tried antacids but no relief. :( i thought heartburn and indegestion would not hit til week 27....

Heartburn started straight away for me I got gaviscon from my doctors

I've had heartburn from the very start. It's because of the relaxin, it loosens everything up, even without a big fat baby pushing on your stomach.

I have a friend in Texas who was told not to go cold turkey on cigarettes because it was proving too stressful (it was an accidental pregnancy, so she couldn't just quit beforehand). I'm ok with an occasional glass of wine or a single beer in pregnancy, on special occasions, but I haven't worked up the nerve to do it yet. In reality, the most I'd do is probably a tiny glass of champagne on holidays.

Thank you, I will! :) Is it hidden? I haven't told everybody about me being pregnant so I don't want everybody om my FB to know just yet...

Hey. It's not Secret, but it's Closed, so all anybody can see is the name and maybe the members. It'll be changed to Secret once everyone is in - it's impossible to add people you aren't friends with to Secret groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->