2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Elphabaa- glad you got to see your wiggly baby! It's always so reassuring!

Love the scan pics ladies! Makes me anxious for my next one!

As for maternity clothes, I let a friend of mine borrow mine from my first pregnancy. She gave them back last year and I just put them in storage. I got them out the other day, and they all had holes in them! So frustrating! She could have just told me they were too worn, and donated them or something. So I went to Ross and got 2 pairs of maternity pants, each for $11, and a maxi skirt for $10. I am hoping those will last me a while. I pretty much just wore long shirts with my twins, so I will probably do the same this time.

Swampmaiden- We are fortunate to live in an area that we can get away with wearing maxi skirts/dresses all year lol.

Unfortunately, it looks like I am going to be moving to Dallas, TX in November... Just in time for a real season :wacko: I have never lived outside of Southern California, so it will be a totally new experience. Do you ladies think the maternity coat will be worth it? I honestly don't even own a real coat, because it is never necessary in San Diego. A light sweater is usually sufficient in the winter.

I can't imagine needing a coat in Texas?

Congrats on the excellent appointments!! I'm always so amazed at how our babies go from looking like blobs to complete little babies in just a couple of weeks.

In regards to bras, be careful thinking you can use the same ones now as when you are nursing. I got some really cheapy ones for pregnancy last time and I waited until my milk came in until I got some really good (read: good quality & expensive) nursing bras. I have an extra issue as I am allergic to metals, so I have to be careful that the strap adjusters and clasps are all plastic, so I had an extra hard time. The reason I am saying to be careful and it might be a good idea to wait to spend loads on nursing bras is because prepregnancy I was a E (DD) cup and was all the way through, but after my milk came in I was a J/K! There was no way my pregnancy bras would fit after, so I would have been upset to have spent a lot of money on multi-purpose bras and not be able to use them.

I'm in Canada too but I don't know if I am going to get a maternity coat. I have button up wool coats and I'm thinking I will be able to get away with just not doing up the bottom button or two and layering. I have some of my old maternity stuff and my mum bought me a few new pieces earlier this year, so I don't think I will need anything for a while yet.

I was extra bloaty last night and looked enormously preggo, so glad no one was around but DH.

Oh Elphabaa, I'm glad you were able to see your little one again. It's so stressful without the extra worry of progesterone levels. I can't imagine the worry you are feeling! :hugs:

My friend is also 6 feet tall and she barely looked pregnant with either of her babies! She had small babies, and they seemed to just stand up straight in there haha. She honestly looked as big as I look now when she was 40 weeks. And ofcourse she is one of those lucky women who didn't look pregnant at all immediately after she gave birth. I can't even imagine haha.

My 5'2 cousin is pregnant with number 2 and only 2 weeks ahead of me, and she is DEFINITELY showing. :dohh: Her last baby was in the 6lb range. However, my sister gave birth to a nearly 9lb boy and then an OVER 9lb boy. Both big babies, and she never had gestational diabetes. She also never showed signs of labor. Baby #1 was induced at almost a week past her due date, and even induction was slow until the OBGYN broke her water... then it went so fast she ended up tearing clear up to her butthole. :dohh: The second baby came on his due date. She was supposed to be induced 2 days prior, but the hospital was so over run they kept sending her home. His induction was a bit more smooth, but she still tore again... right through the old scar. So THAT part is a bit horrifying to me. :dohh:

Big babies run in my immediate family and I am the FIRST one WITH diabetes. So it's all about controlling the diabetes, which means no twinkies or Chips Ahoy Blizzards for me... even though I am craving them BEYOND belief. Heck, I can't even have pasta! :cry: I really love pasta........ I told hubby when baby is born we're going to the local Italian place for a heaping plate of pasta and then we are going to Dairy Queen so I can get a Chips Ahoy Blizzard! :haha:

Oh no, that is what happened to me! Baby was back to back and wouldn't turn so they had to use the vacuum. Thank god I had an epidural, but it was not fun afterwards! Praying it doesn't happen again.

Elpha- I tore less with my 9lb daughter than I did with my 7lb son. It's all in preparation, IMO, and how you deliver. Your OB/midwife should be stretching your perineum while you are pushing, as this helps to avoid as much tearing as possible. I only pushed for 4 minutes with my daughter, too. I had a drug-free delivery, too, and did not feel the tearing. It was a very superficial one and only required a few stitches.

As for showing- this is my third pregnancy so I'm definitely getting something down there. I'm not a small girl, either. I'm 5'7" and about 150lbs. My regular clothes are getting uncomfortable, so I currently live in my work out clothes (still hitting the gym). I also invested in 4 pair of maternity leggings from Old Navy's website. They were on sale for $7/ea last weekend. I wore those yesterday, and while they are a little big, they were SO comfortable. My button down tunics (that I usually pair with leggings) are already hugging my belly, so I went with a loose flowing top.

On another topic- I feel like I'm going to sound crazy here, but I swear I felt the baby move last night. I know that it seems unrealistic, but this is my third go and I definitely know the difference between gas bubbles, hunger rumbles, and other random belly movements. I've tried talking myself into believing it was something else, but I just have a feeling. Baby is only about an inch and a half, but i saw him/her moving about yesterday on the scan, so I know s/he is very active already. Something to ponder, I guess.

I felt DD at 10 weeks, and no one believed me, either. :lol:

In regards to bras, be careful thinking you can use the same ones now as when you are nursing. I got some really cheapy ones for pregnancy last time and I waited until my milk came in until I got some really good (read: good quality & expensive) nursing bras. I have an extra issue as I am allergic to metals, so I have to be careful that the strap adjusters and clasps are all plastic, so I had an extra hard time. The reason I am saying to be careful and it might be a good idea to wait to spend loads on nursing bras is because prepregnancy I was a E (DD) cup and was all the way through, but after my milk came in I was a J/K! There was no way my pregnancy bras would fit after, so I would have been upset to have spent a lot of money on multi-purpose bras and not be able to use them.

Good point... I didn't have the typical experience with change in bra size for breastfeeding, so it may not work to wear the same one before and after. I could wear my regular bras throughout my whole pregnancy last time, and even after I gave birth. Only wore nursing ones for the ease of nursing.

I can't imagine needing a coat in Texas?

I'm in deep South Texas and while we do not get a big winter, we have quite a few days where the temps get cold *to us*. I specified "to us" because my idea of cold (having lived here all of my almost 30 years) is completely different than northerners. It's not uncommon to get a few 35 degree (Fahrenheit) mornings, but our typical days range from 40-65 degrees. 40 is pretty chilly to us while 65 is just gorgeous.

So, yes, we do need coats here.. we just do not have to use them all winter. :winkwink:

ETA- it's not uncommon for us to be in shorts one day, jeans and a coat the next, and back to shorts the following day. We have bipolar weather.

I'm not sure how much I will need as far as maternity goes. I know that I don't have much for cold weather. I have jeans, but mostly t-shirts and a couple tank tops. So I'll need some cardis and sweaters. Looking around trying to find some cute things (because what I have now doesn't really fall on the cute scale, ha). Probably end up purchasing things for deals at Burlington Coat Factory though. ;)

So exciting to see the babies actually start to look like babies!

I don't know what I want to do for maternity clothes. My mom said she showed right away with my brother, who was first born, and it took a while to show with me, which is weird. I don't think I look different yet, but I have some insulation that would hide it for a while I think. I'm hoping I can find some good stuff second hand. I like deals and I barely spend over $30 for a piece of clothing for regular life, so I don't want to spend a lot on maternity stuff.
I have a coat that may work for winter. I got it as a gift last year and never wore it because I thought it made me look pregnant. So maybe this year will be fine. :winkwink:

Being in Canada, I definitely needed a winter coat... this is my first as well. My mom treated me to an M Shell. It's a coat that is good for pregnancy and then the flap flips up for baby wearing, and you can take out the wedge and wear it as a normal coat. They also make an M Coat, which I think is down-filled, but the lady at the store said it's probably way too hot for a pregnant woman, or for baby wearing. They're made small though, I'm usually around a size 10-12, and I needed an XL (I usually fit in a M/L), but I will be able to fit a sweater underneath if needed. They are not cheap, but since it can be used for BW after, and can also be used as a regular coat, I was grateful to it. The shell is $200 and the coat is $400, so I'm glad the lady recommended the shell because I'd feel bad if my mom spent so much on a coat. But I suppose for those of us living in colder climates, it's a necessity.

https://shop.poshmommy.ca/index.php?image=27271

So this may sound stupid but is this the coat or the shell. Whats the difference and where can I find them? I know ill need a coat this winter for sure.

This one is the shell. It is still fleece lined. The coat is down-filled and has a hood with a fur trim. Like I said, I was recommended against it because I was told it would be too warm. If you go the themcoat.com they have a list of retailers.

Thanks so much hun. I think its adorable!

Elpha- I tore less with my 9lb daughter than I did with my 7lb son. It's all in preparation, IMO, and how you deliver. Your OB/midwife should be stretching your perineum while you are pushing, as this helps to avoid as much tearing as possible. I only pushed for 4 minutes with my daughter, too. I had a drug-free delivery, too, and did not feel the tearing. It was a very superficial one and only required a few stitches.

As for showing- this is my third pregnancy so I'm definitely getting something down there. I'm not a small girl, either. I'm 5'7" and about 150lbs. My regular clothes are getting uncomfortable, so I currently live in my work out clothes (still hitting the gym). I also invested in 4 pair of maternity leggings from Old Navy's website. They were on sale for $7/ea last weekend. I wore those yesterday, and while they are a little big, they were SO comfortable. My button down tunics (that I usually pair with leggings) are already hugging my belly, so I went with a loose flowing top.

On another topic- I feel like I'm going to sound crazy here, but I swear I felt the baby move last night. I know that it seems unrealistic, but this is my third go and I definitely know the difference between gas bubbles, hunger rumbles, and other random belly movements. I've tried talking myself into believing it was something else, but I just have a feeling. Baby is only about an inch and a half, but i saw him/her moving about yesterday on the scan, so I know s/he is very active already. Something to ponder, I guess.

I felt DD at 10 weeks, and no one believed me, either. :lol:

I dont think your crazy. Ive been having the little butterflies go crazy the past few weeks and I know for sure it wasnt gas bubbles and such. Im just waiting any day to actually feel movement. Ive told the hubby and poor him it'll be a bit until he feels our little guitar.

Thanks bdb84! That was helpful! You make a good point, for me 40 degrees is freezing lol. But I don't think I will need to invest too heavily in a maternity coat. Maybe just something heavier than what I have. I am coming from a 72 degree average year round, but it won't be too drastic of a temp drop to Texas.

I live in northern Indiana where we had one of the worst winters on record last winter. We spent a good chunk of February snowed in with wind chills between 30-40 below some days. Needless to say, I have an entire wardrobe of winter coats and scarves. :haha: Up here, if it's 40 degrees I don't even bother with a coat. So funny how different things are on the northerner vs southerner front.

I am guessing since I am still losing weight and 'hopefully' will gain very little due to this diabetic diet and already being overweight, that I should get along fine with at least one or two coats in my wardrobe!

Any one have slightly brown tinged CM around 11 weeks?

Did you have an ultrasound or sex within the few days leading up to it? The only time I had it was approximately 3 days after my 9 week ultrasound. The vaginal ultrasounds or sex can burst some of the sensitive blood vessels down yonder.

I'm thinking of getting a maternity vest to keep the belly warm and wear a reg coat over? Seems a cheaper route.

Any one have slightly brown tinged CM around 11 weeks?

Did you have an ultrasound or sex within the few days leading up to it? The only time I had it was approximately 3 days after my 9 week ultrasound. The vaginal ultrasounds or sex can burst some of the sensitive blood vessels down yonder.

No I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks cuz I had some light spotting, they put me on pelvic rest since then. I'm now 11 weeks, I'm thinking I may just have over exerted myself this week and it's old blood from / weeks ago tinting the CM.

I'm currently fretting over the fact that I'm not showing yet, even though I'm only just over 10 weeks. I always heard you show sooner with your second. I think it's hard to tell because I still have a little bit of a flabby tummy from not losing all the baby weight last time. I have major bloating though so look like a whale.

Ugh.

At least I'll definitely fit in my wedding dress in September.

Maternity clothes have taken a chunk out of pocket. Even the new sized up clothes I bought no longer fit even though I've only gained 1 pound since I got pregnant (thanks bloat!). I work in a corporate office and have to be all dressed up everyday to see my clients. Good thing is that I'll probably stop traveling at 5 months and would be able to work locally and may be able to sneak in working from home and being in pajamas on some days.

My pre-pregnancy shorts are already too tight :nope: I just tried them all on. It's too hot here to wear anything but shorts, too! Our nearest maternity store is in the next city over, and I really do not want to drive 20 miles + wrangle my two kids through the stores and dressing rooms right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->