2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Probably roughly 21 weeks here. My appountments go every 4 weeks and they generally don't like to do them earlier. So my next appt I'll be 13 weeks, then 17 weeks, then 21. So unless things get bumped LATER that's what I'm looking at. Bummer!!!

Probably roughly 21 weeks here. My appountments go every 4 weeks and they generally don't like to do them earlier. So my next appt I'll be 13 weeks, then 17 weeks, then 21. So unless things get bumped LATER that's what I'm looking at. Bummer!!!

That's the schedule I'm on too. I'm hoping they'll be nice and let me in earlier since I'll be gone at 21 weeks.

I suspect that my SPD that I suffered with in my pregnancy with ds2 is returning. Early this time too. I was out shopping with my mum and my boys yesterday all day, so lots of walking, I felt fine, just tired. Today my left hip and left side of pelvis is really aching and is worse when I'm walking. Sigh.

I hear you with the SPD. :hugs: I had my first twinge at six weeks - it's what made me test! I find I suffer more after lots of walking too and I'm currently sitting on a hard chair to try and keep it at bay. I ended up on crutches last time and can't even contemplate that now with a toddler :wacko:

Well, I had my scan today. All well and baby looked great. Lots of jumping around. :cloud9: They also saw a reason for all of my bleeding. Part of my membrane has come away and there's a large pool of blood that's about twice the size if baby. They said it's not near the baby or the placenta at this time but have told me to take it as easy as possible and not to let the DD jump on me (eh, easier said than done!). I don't know if I feel better or worse now that there's a reason for it. :shrug: Oh, and still bleeding...

Love all the name choices and I'm also jealous of how organised you all are! DD didn't have a name till she was four days old. I reckon this one may suffer the same fate as I'm rubbish with decisions!

I have my gender scan at 18w6d.

As for names, our boys name, Cornelius Arthur, has been picked for years. We haven't even discussed girls names cause DH thinks we are only going to have boys.

hello ladies

I havent really settled on any boys names.. I liked the idea of naming after grandfathers.. but my sister already took Vincent after my moms dad, and hubbys grandfather was German with a very ah, unique name.. not sure Id want to do that to a poor child.. Helmut Fritzbart.. so still undecided on boys

BUT for girls, I really like Vivian.. it'd also go with the V theme my sister started, and my husband and all his siblings/cousins all have T names so it'd be a funny tradition to start. I also like Cleo, after the Greek muse.. Calliope, after another Greek muse.. but its still early yet, Im sure we'll go thru many names over the next few months

I love all of the names!

I uploaded my 12 week pic to the first tri bumps thread, but I figured I would share it here too! I cannot believe how big I am already!

Attachments

• Twelve Weeks 2.jpg
    Twelve Weeks 2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Love it! It's not too surprising, since it's not your first. I wonder if your body was confused by only having had twins before and got extra enthusiastic ;)

Does anyone else have a guilty pleasure name? One that they could never actually use, but that they kind of wish they could? We don't have a guilty pleasure girl name, but I love Peregrine for a boy. Maybe as a middle name...

Lovely scan pics & loving the names!

My gender scan will be 22nd Oct.... So long away!

When is everyone having their gender scans? I am thinking about paying for one at 16 weeks, but I am nervous that they won't be able to tell. The place that I was considering has a ton of amazing reviews on yelp, and a lot of them were early gender scans. But I want to have a small gender reveal party the next day, and I would hate to plan it and not know the gender.

I am also planning to pay for a private scan about 2 days before I will be 17 weeks. My next OBGYN appointment is September 17, this would be the 20th. My Mom is buying the private scan for a birthday present and I thought by scheduling it on a Saturday my Mom and Hubby could both be there for sure. Then it won't matter when my OBGYN schedules my scan. It will just be confirmation and hubby and I still would have found out together.

Lovely pictures of your babies, ladies. :D

I'm having my gender scan on October 2nd, then I'll be in week 19 I think. It's a routine scan, so I'll be sure to ask if they can check the gender as well.

Glad everyone's scans looked good! I was hoping I could get an u/s at my first scheduled OB appt. next week, but I was looking online and I don't think they do it for that appt. I guess it's nice that I got to have one last week then.

Oh my gosh names! I have been obsessively looking through names to try to find ones I like.. I swear some of the only names I like are already taken by my family members, that I don't really want the baby to be named after. Or they would be too common. Also very picky. I want something unique, but every time I look up "unique names" I just get a list of names that seem way too unique... But I was thinking for girls I like Alexia, Ava, or Jennifer. The boy names I kind of came up with my DH never seems enthralled with. The only name he wants is Quinn, but my hedgehog was named that! I don't know about naming my son after a hedgehog.. I love Tristan (DH not thrilled), kind of like Everette (DH not thrilled..), think Damien sounds kind of cool (DH meh.. ) Haha!

Im so happy. I finally found baby on the doppler. Im overweight so its so much more difficult to find baby but there it was right at the edge of my pubic bone.

Names I loved before.. Timothy Charles, Charlotte Beatrice, and the top... Aurora Pearl after both grandmothers.

Altuough I loved the names I couldnt use them on my future children because my ex used two of them on his. :-(... meh..I love the names we have picked out now.

Hello ladies,

Just found the march mellow group (very cute name!) Had 12 week scan yesterday and found out I'm due 3rd march so just made it! This is 5th pregnancy but only my beautiful DS at home who is nearly 3. So very relieved to make it to this point, feel like I can relax and enjoy it all a bit now.

Take care everyone! Xx

DentDoc, Ava and Alexia are really pretty, but Ava is like a top 5 most popular girls name for this year.

One solution to picking a unique name out is to look up the current top 20 girls/boys names and then CROSS them OFF the list lol.. youd be surprised at how many people don't even realize many of the names they have picked out are in the top 20... names with an X are also really big right now too.. as well as alternate spellings with a Y instead of an E

PS: I really like Everett for a boy.. a short name for that is Ed or Eddie.. also really good!

I'll have my gender scan at 16 weeks. My OB signed off for it last time and I'm sure he'll do it again this time around. If not, I'll pay for a private scan.

We already have names picked out. My 4 year old daughter's name was one of the most popular for her birth year, but it was a name that I had picked out since I was 13 (and was very uncommon in the US at that time). It was also my great grandmother's first name (but she went by her middle name). I tossed around the idea of going with something different, but in the end I knew I'd regret it. After all, for over 12 years (at the time I was pregnant with her) it had always been my future's daughter name.

I don't regret it. So, I say, if you love a name enough to not care about its popularity, go for it. I highly doubt you'll regret it. I remember, growing up, the common girl names were Jennifer, Ashley, and Jessica. I knew tons of girls with those names and I never heard any of them complain about how common their name was. :) Just food for thought-- as a mom of a girl with a very popular name.

MrsKChicago- I think you are totally right, my body only knows what it's like to have two babies, and they made plenty of room in there for their younger sibling lol.

As for the guilty pleasure name, DH has a guilty pleasure name, Stryker. I don't mind the name, but I think it is just a little too unique. Plus, he would never be able to play baseball, unless he was the pitcher lol.

thats a lovely opinion bdb, and of course you wouldnt regret it.. but will your child? I too have a top 5 most common name for my generation and I wish my mother had been a bit more original.. but thats my opinion.. following the original post as well, she said she DIDNT want anything common and hasnt committed to anything yet, especially along the lines of thinking about it for 12 years

You just never know with common names. DH is an Alexander, and he doesn't mind it one bit. I don't know if he had a lot of Alexanders in his classes as a kid, but I know it's always a popular boy name. I was a Lindsay born in '82, so theoretically I have a super popular name for the time period, but I think I met maybe one other Lindsay as a kid, and that was on vacation. I probably would have been annoyed if there were a bunch of Lindsays in my class at school, but I don't care that there are a bunch of them out there who have nothing to do with me as an adult. I prefer to avoid super popular names for practical reasons (I don't want to call the kid's name and get six kids running to me, and it's easier on teachers), but it's not the worst thing that can happen with a name. Nicknames help, too. If there are three Alexanders in a class, but one goes by Alex and one goes by Xander and one goes by Al, you won't have much trouble. That's part of why Theodore is on my list even though I think it's only going to get more popular.

It's important to know what you're getting into, though. Ava is a beautiful name, but it would probably be a mistake if you're looking for something uncommon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->