2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Baby naming is fun but so hard! I told a few of my coworkers I was expecting today and they were trying to convince me to name the baby after a baby that was on Doctor Who... stormageddon Lord of darkness or sowmthing. Not going to happen lol!

Also, if you like Ava, but think it's too common, Eva could work.

Hahaha! I love Stormageddon. If I didn't have pregnancy brain it might have occurred to me to call the baby Stormageddon from the start, but I doubt it would stick at this point.

But, you know, not as an actual name. Because it's Stormageddon...

DH is an Andrew and I am an Amanda, both quite popular the year we were born and we both went to school with at least one other with the same name (there were I think 3 in dh's class). He just started going by his last name and I started going by my initials to at least friends.

DentDoc, Ava and Alexia are really pretty, but Ava is like a top 5 most popular girls name for this year.

One solution to picking a unique name out is to look up the current top 20 girls/boys names and then CROSS them OFF the list lol.. youd be surprised at how many people don't even realize many of the names they have picked out are in the top 20... names with an X are also really big right now too.. as well as alternate spellings with a Y instead of an E

PS: I really like Everett for a boy.. a short name for that is Ed or Eddie.. also really good!

Yeah, Ava is pretty popular... I guess that's my problem that I like the popular names but don't want it to be popular. Ahh! I feel like I need to just start a suggestion box and then pick from that haha.

Also, if you like Ava, but think it's too common, Eva could work.

Actually, Eva is pretty cute too! =)

Also, yeah isn't Everett cute? I had never heard it until recently but I think I like it.

For my last baby it took me till the day we were leaving the hospital to name him so I really hope it's a girl because after 4 boys I can use an extra girl around here :)

MrsKChicago- I think you are totally right, my body only knows what it's like to have two babies, and they made plenty of room in there for their younger sibling lol.

As for the guilty pleasure name, DH has a guilty pleasure name, Stryker. I don't mind the name, but I think it is just a little too unique. Plus, he would never be able to play baseball, unless he was the pitcher lol.

My bump looks a lot like yours and I'm on my first. I think that I haven't had any morning sickness and that we just moved and haven't gotten into a cooking routine hasn't helped much.

missfrick- you should take post a picture of your bump! I have been awkwardly sick, and I have actually lost weight! I'm not worried though, because I put on a few pounds before I got pregnant.

I have a guilty pleasure boy name - Lorne. Unfortunately, in Scotland, it's also the name of a popular type of sausage! :haha:

I probably won't be able to find out gender until I'm 20 weeks (which will be on Halloween! lol). Any private scan places around here seem pretty expensive, so we'll probably just wait for our regular one. I wish we could find out earlier as we're taking a trip for our anniversary when I'm 17 weeks and there's so many cute little shops where I'd love to pick up some first things for baby, but that would mean I'd have to be scanned at 16 weeks and I know that won't happen. Oh well. *sigh* At least we'll have something to look forward to when we get back. I talked to my sister about it and she's super excited for us to get the tech to write the gender down and put it in an envelope and not tell us and for her to plan a surprise way to reveal it.

As far as bumps... good lordy I've been taking weekly pics ever since I got my bfp and I put my 4 week pic next to the last day of 9 weeks and there's a pretty big difference. I would post it here but I'm at work and can't right now... they're in my journal and the bump forum though. I've even had comments from family saying I'm starting to look pregnant so it's not just in my mind. :haha: I just want to look actually pregnant, not like I ate too many doughnuts. I'd be so embarrassed if someone asked me how far along I am.

My neighbor said something tome today. The last time she saw me I was 7 weeks along. 4 weeks makes a massive difference. Also pant no longer fit so I will be stuck in dresses for the next few months.

I have my private gender scan booked for when I'll be 16+5 - 21st September! :happydance: I also have my 20 week scan on 14th October. I can't wait for both scans, love seeing baby :cloud9: Also really looking forward to finding out if we're team blue or team pink! I can start shopping then and we can also start arguing about names lol. Ds1 was named the day he was born, in the hospital and Ds2 didn't have a name until he was 10 days old! Considering we had known he was a boy since 13 weeks (with cvs results) it was quite ridiculous! Oh will just not agree with any names I suggest and will not come up with sensible suggestions either. He's very frustrating..

I uploaded my 12 week pic to the first tri bumps thread, but I figured I would share it here too! I cannot believe how big I am already!

Love the picture and the bump! <3

Hello ladies,

Just found the march mellow group (very cute name!) Had 12 week scan yesterday and found out I'm due 3rd march so just made it! This is 5th pregnancy but only my beautiful DS at home who is nearly 3. So very relieved to make it to this point, feel like I can relax and enjoy it all a bit now.

Take care everyone! Xx

Hi and welcome! :hi: :flower:

More bump pictures, yes!

I'll post some someday too. Actually made a slideshow using Flipagram for my iPhone. Week 4 until yesterday at 12+2. At first I couldn't see a difference but now I do. Yesterday evening my stomach were bloated again so it looks a lot bigger than at week 4, haha.

I definitely have a bump as well. I also have transitioned into some sort of waddle when I walk. It's getting more difficult to keep up with DD when she takes off towards the playground. I guess I stopped running for a reason!

I was also on the 13 week, 17 week, 21 week OB visit schedule but saw my OB on Thursday and she scheduled my 17 week appointment to be on week 18 so that I could have my anatomy scan as well! That way I get the results right after the scan.

Loving the bump pics. I'm going to try and take a silhouette pic later today though who knows how it will turn out since I'm overweight.

With regards to names, I want names that are meaningfully as well as short and easy to write and pronounce. I always had an easy time with my names growing up and didn't appreciate it till I got married. Was very reluctant to change my last name but my husband's long surname had been dropped by teachers when he was in elementary school and he wanted the name back since it is the family name. So it would have been odd for our kids to have a name that neither of us bear (they would think we kidnapped them) so we both decided to change our names.

Now I'm so tired of having to use alpha, fox, romeo, charlie to spell my last name every time and the best thing for my kids is to make sure their names are short and easy to spell. My husband is thinking of naming our son with his father's name but it is long and that's not going to happen as long as this baby comes from my vagina!

You ladies are making me want to find out the colour of my bump!! How many staying yellow?

You ladies are making me want to find out the colour of my bump!! How many staying yellow?

I'm staying team yellow as long as possible. Not finding out at 20 week scan but may pay for a private scan after 30 weeks to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->