2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Morning all! Man I don't know what's happened to our summer in Canada but it's dark and grey and wintery already. I'm just not in the zone for this yet!!
I'm loving all the gender speculation!
Happenstance you created a craving for me....Lorne sausage! I haven't had that in years!!
Frenchie your waddle made me chuckle! I definitely have that too for some reason. I think my hips have never been the same since my first pregnancy!

So I'm working this weekend which isn't great but needs must etc. I'm also browsing the thyme maternity website (20% off coupon TICKTOCK if anyone's interested !)
I feel like my mat clothes are all so well loved after 4 years of effectively being pregnant all the time.... This may be my last pregnancy but I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some new clothes!

What are you all up to today girls?

Oh and I have a gender scan in 3 weeks, that said for this pregnancy live healthy baby trumps any fears or hopes of gender!!

Agreed DrMum! The weather here in Ottawa has not been great the last few weeks. Lots of rain! Today looks nice though.... But we are staying inside all day attempting to potty train dd. that will be my whole weekend I think!

I definitely have a bit of a bump. I will try to get a pic today. After I told some friends at work yesterday, they said they were suspicious!

Ooh potty training! Good luck nelly! I feel like I'm almost back to those good old days as DS who is now 3 has decided he no longer needs to sit down to pee.... Gosh the out of control toddler pee that I've wiped up recently . Thank heavens for bathroom tiles which wipe clean !!

Back in emerg... Passed a clot this morning... I don't understand since we literally had a perfect scan 2 days ago... Sigh

Oh no miss frick! Thinking of you and big hugs lovely xx

Whew! Ultrasound was great, Squiggles is still moving about. Need to follow up with my OB next week again. So relieved that at this moment everything is okay. They think the clot was remnants of whatever bleed I had Monday.

That's great news. If it gives you hope at all, I bled like that all the way through first and part of second tri with DS.... He's running round playing with hot wheels right now :) it's so scary though. I can completely understand how you're likely to feel :hugs:

Missfrick, so glad everything looks ok! I'm sorry you're having such a scary time of it.

What are you all up to today girls?

I'm going to the grand opening of my brother's butcher shop! I'm so excited! And then I'm taking the train to Indiana to spend the night at a friend's for her birthday.

I really want to post my not-really-a-bump pics, but DH has them all somewhere, unedited, and he's not sure which memory card they're on :p I'm starting to wish I'd had him take one with my cell phone at the same time he took the fancy ones... I feel like either my weight is redistributing, or the bloating has gone way down, because other than the belly, I'm not feeling as big. Belly definitely has a bit of an outward curve, but I've overweight, so it's all just fat for now. Squishy organs might be changing the shape a bit, though. Only a matter of time til I'm properly showing!

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm just taking it one day at a time. Hopefully my OB will get me in this week - 3 ultrasounds in 1 week, I feel lucky but not at the same time, if you know what I mean?

As for names: Name your kid whatever you want. Only you need to be happy with it, no one else matters, the same as you will raise your child as you want.

Today: we are having our housewarming party! We are also announcing to all our friends! We figured since it looked fine on the u/s today, why not? It's actually a lovely day out, Canadian weather has been super bipolar but we got lucky for today!

MrsK are you able to tolerate meat yet, or will this butchershop opening be a bad idea?

I can be around meat just fine, it doesn't make me nauseous or anything (I've been extremely lucky on the nausea thing). There's just not much of it that I like to eat, you know? I think even that might be easing up just a bit - I've been able to eat certain meats the whole time, mostly the ones that don't have a really meaty texture and are highly seasoned, and I'm feeling a little more ok with it this week. I don't know how much business we'll be giving him for this first six months, though ;)

I'm trying to eat as much meat as I can lately, because I think my iron might be a little low, and poor DH is a total meathead and has been so incredibly patient with me. Just my luck, right? Carnivorous husband, new butcher shop in the family, and the one food I can't eat is meat??

Agreed DrMum! The weather here in Ottawa has not been great the last few weeks. Lots of rain! Today looks nice though.... But we are staying inside all day attempting to potty train dd. that will be my whole weekend I think!

We're potty training now too. She will tell us "pipi" but WHILE she is peeing herself. I'm not sure if she really feels it coming. Any tips from you super moms?

Haven't checked back here in a while, probably missed a lot.

My nausea is settling down (always there still but nowhere near as intense as it was previously), though I'm still having to have at least one Cyclizine a day. The main thing I'm struggling with now is how tired I am. I feel exhausted all day, no matter how much I've slept the night before. I've been going to bed at the same time as my daughter some nights, 7.30/8pm and not waking until she wakes at 6/7am the next morning, and I'm still tired.

Currently got a cold and sore throat at the moment too which is really rubbish.

OH is out on his stag do tonight and I'm indoors on my own. Well, daughter is here but she'll be asleep in the next hour. I was wanting to order a chinese takeaway and watch some tv, but I feel really unwell that I don't feel like the chinese now and I just want to go to bed.

Blarg.

NellieLou & Frenchie, how old are your DDs? My little is 25 months old and is now potty/toilet trained during the day but wears a nappy at night. Just wondered if you were you were planning on getting your little ones dry just during the day or both day & night?

Afternoon! This thread moves so fast!!!

Miss frick :hugs::hugs: Its so scary having bleeding:hugs: We have to do the jewish tradition of 3 names too, I have 5 kids so that's 15 names :rofl: All out of names now!!

Lots of us here with subchorionics:hugs: We've got far in now though:hugs: If its any reassurance, I had the biggest bleed seen at perinatology, it grew to a massive 15cm!! Yet, ok there was complications and most unrelated to the bleed, my son is here and he's doing good:cloud9: I cant recommend enough taking it easy, pelvic rest, don't lift, use the driving cart at the store (sooooo much fun:blush:) and drink lots of water:thumbup:

Gorgeous scan pics:cloud9: We're all so close to if not in the 2nd tri already:baby:

Love the names too, such a lovely mixture:cloud9:

I did the panorama!! Got it done yesterday morning and its on its way! So may know the gender next week:baby: My OB recommended it this time. I want to know the gender, my baby is expected about 2-3 months early and girls do a lot better in NICU, I'd like to know to prepare. As for scans, mine will be weekly, growth, cervix and wellbeing. Steroids as standard at 23 weeks and then when my water breaks early, that way baby has the best chance lungs wise.

Ok all ideas for gender reveal??? We're thinking the cake way, is that too boring?

Any new cravings?? We all know pregnant ladies are fickle so there's bound to be new ones:haha:

Good luck to all the potty trainers!!

Who's in maternity? If so what's your most comfortable outfit? Anyone needing the pregnancy pillows yet?

Little bit early but who's planning on breastfeeding?

We had to buy a pregnancy support pillow. My hips feel so much better now and I can sleep more comfortably.
I plan on breastfeeding as long as I can. I figure if I start producing before baby arrives I will pump so that baby wont have have to work so hard.
Loving the names. Hoping that all if our ladies and their beans are well.
Personally, I cant wait til I can see my lil squirrel again.
Im getting really anxious about moving. Less than two weeks from now movers will be packing us up. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->