2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I've been using blankets but think its time to get out the support wedge, anything to sleep better!

You may produce before but its totally normal to produce after birth too :) I have some milk already but I've breastfed for about 9 years total so body just knows what to do lol.

That's so close to the moving date! Are you ready? How far will you be moving?

Bump pic a few days ago, not impressed by the lack of it :(

Attachments

• IMAG3174.jpg
    IMAG3174.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
Missfrick, I'm sorry to hear you had more bleeding but glad to hear everything is ok! Hopefully your ob can figure out what the cause is!

My dd is 2.5 years old. She is stubborn though lol. This morning went well with the potty but she wasn't interested this afternoon at all and it was too nice out to stay inside! I really don't think she knows the feeling of needing to pee. That's the part that's hard to teach!

Mummy3, that is so many names! I can't imagine thinking up so many!

Mummy3 you're so petite I am filled with envy!!

Breastfeeding plans. Yeah I'm a lover of breastfeeding. Did anyone see the news coverage of the "nurse in" protest at the anthropologie store in the US? Apparently a nursing mom was asked to go and feed her baby in the bathroom, with no chair even, just a toilet to sit on... So a load of nursing moms went today to feed their babies in protest!
I pumped quite a bit with DS but not before birth as it can bring on early labour. A newborns stomach is the size of a walnut so you don't need a huge supply at birth :)

Frenchie I used the potty training in 7 days book and was really skeptical but man, it worked! Literally within a week we were done. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know, but I will definitely try it again another time :)

Okay kind of freaking out right now. TWO people I know have passed away unexpectedly in the past week. They say bad things come in 3's. Well, I started bleeding this morning :( All my doc is gonna do it tell me to relax & drinks lots of water. Debating on going to the ER. AHHHH

Time flies... we are moving from one coast to the other. Washington state to Florida. Go Navy!! :)
Im excited. We have two more OB appointments before we fly out.
For the ladies who carried before: when was the first time you felt the baby. I keep feeling like I have something lightly touching me near my pelvic bone. I get so weirded out I end up barfing.

Okay kind of freaking out right now. TWO people I know have passed away unexpectedly in the past week. They say bad things come in 3's. Well, I started bleeding this morning :( All my doc is gonna do it tell me to relax & drinks lots of water. Debating on going to the ER. AHHHH

:hugs: Bleeding can be so scary, but I'm sure everything is just fine. Are you cramping?

For the ladies who carried before: when was the first time you felt the baby. I keep feeling like I have something lightly touching me near my pelvic bone. I get so weirded out I end up barfing.

I felt my first at 16 weeks, and my second I swear was 10 weeks, but most people were skeptical of it really being baby that early because she was so small still.

Snowbunnie sorry to hear you're having a scare. Bleeding in pregnancy is not a fun thing, but many of us have been there and things worked out ok. If you think it will help though it never harms to get checked out. :hugs:

Movement wise I think it depends where your placenta is. My first, placenta posterior, I felt at about 16-17 weeks tiny flutters like a fizziness, then proper bumping kicks around 20 weeks. My second I knew what to feel for so thought it would be super early, anterior placenta, nothing until about 22 weeks!
This time, I'm 12 weeks now and recognize the fizzy feeling already:)

If you are scared and need reassurance snow, get checked out!

I've had that touch feeling too! It's odd because baby should bed too small to feel that kind of touch. I don't know if I can believe it's baby.

Sn0wbunnie- I hope everything is okay!

MissFrick- So glad that everything is okay! A clot can definitely freak a pregnant woman out! Also, good luck with your announcement! You have a lot to celebrate!

Mommasquirrel- My husband is in the Marines, and we are getting ready to PCS soon too! I hope your move goes smoothly! Are you driving to Florida or flying?

Mummy3- 15 names is a lot! I can't imagine! You're going to have to get creative this time around lol

For my gender reveal, I am thinking about doing the balloons in a box. It is kind of overused, but I like that it is a big spectacle. I also really like the cake idea, but if there are a lot of people at the reveal, I worry that not everyone will be able to see. I also think the silly string idea is really cool! Although whoever wraps the cans would have to know the gender though. I also saw a cute scratch card idea on pinterest. I thought that one would be pretty fun!

I don't have any cravings! In fact, I probably crave more food when I am not pregnant. Everything I eat gives me heartburn though, so nothing sounds good.

As far as maternity, I bought some maternity pants, but I am the most comfortable in my maxi skirts.

I am definitely planning on breastfeeding. I could only breastfeed my twins for 4 months, so I am excited to get further with a singleton. I am not looking forward to the initial pain of breastfeeding, but I know that it will subside. Has anyone found breastfeeding the second time around to be easier, or less painful?

I only breastfed my son for a few months before switching to formula feeding. I nursed my daughter for 2.5 years, though, without a single issue. I found it to be much easier the second go around because I was more knowledgeable and knew what to expect. Nursing isn't always pain-free, but it shouldn't be excruciating. I've found that a lot of these cases (horrid pains during nursing) are due to a tongue or lip tie that go undiagnosed.

ETA- It can be very uncomfortable in the first couple days while waiting for your milk to come in, though.

bdb, please stop attacking me, its just not fun to always have to defend myself against you on this thread. I'd like to keep things light, okay? I'm just trying to remind you that everything on here is opinion, mine isnt anymore valid than yours. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop quoting me too

I had a lot of trouble with my milk supply with my first... Make sure you get help early on if your baby is constantly falling asleep at the breast because the longer you wait to get help, the harder it is to get your milk in. I did breast feed exclusively for almost 7 months though but only because she refused the bottle. I am praying this time will be different... I will pump pump pump right away if it seems To be the same as last time, and if that doesn't work, I will happily do formula.

Boy am I tired. Had a wedding tonight and well one of my aunts who is very intuitive kept referring my baby as a her. I cant wait for my next ultrasound

Sn0wbunnie - I hope everything is okay! Fx for you, I'm going through similar and it can be scary for sure! I went to ER for first sign of blood, and again for my clot, though I understand if you're in the USA insurance and $ can play a part. I hope you are doing better.

MommaSquirrel: For expressing before the baby is born, you need to be careful. Use of things like breast pumps can case the uterus to stimulate and lead to contractions. Nipple stimulation is often used to start labour, just like some people eat spicy foods or go for long walks.

AFM: Housewarming party was good, but I don't know why we threw it for 8 hours... we wanted to accommodate friends who were coming from out of town and those with kids, but we should have cut it down a lot... By 11pm I was shooing people out.

I was pumping 15 minutes or so every two or three nights for a few weeks before my second was born (at 39 weeks). It takes a lot (a LOT) of nipple stimulation to kickstart labor. I wasn't concerned. If you wonder why I did it, I had flat nipple issues the first time round and wanted to draw them out. I don't think I will bother this time around though.

Alyssa- we are taking a direct flight to Florida. I get motion sickness in the car after an hour of driving.

Hope everyone gets a wonderful night of rest.

I have my 12 week scan in 3 days Wednesday at 9.50am I've been lissining to the baby's heartbeat on my doppler :)

I've brought a few things aswell some from the asda baby event yesterday Moses basket,bottles, steriliser, sudocream,baby bath box,baby monitor, maternity towels, bottle bag, 24 packs of wipes :) I won't by anymore till I find out the gender at my 20 week scan

Me and the oh like the names Alyssa Lilly for a girl and Jayden for a boy but not sure on middle name yet I'm Deffinatly getting a little bump now I will post some pics tomorrow as I hit 12 weeks! I have some pictures in my pregnancy journal :)

I'm a peach today and have made to second trimester.Yay! :happydance:

Does anyone else have to belch anytime they drink fluids? I just noticed that I have to do this otherwise I'm uncomfortable. Last night, I didn't really belch when I got up to drink some water and felt like I had something in my throat (nauseous) the whole night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->