2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Chimama, I feel the same with liquids. I know I'm not getting enough water, but I can't stand the feeling of liquid in my stomach. I also try not to drink after 9 pm to avoid too many bathroom trips during the night.

Nellielou, I had the same experience breastfeeding my first. On top of that she drew blood the very first time she nursed and I couldn't heal until I started pumping 10 days later. Those were the most difficult 10 days of my life! She would only nurse for a minute or two and then lose interest or go to sleep. I didn't get a lot of helpful advice from the nurses. I don't think any of them even checked DD's mouth to see if there was a problem. She loved bottles though. Pumping was hard work but it was rewarding to see her suck down a feeding in no time. I put her back on the breast after about a month of only pumping and the pain was gone. I guess that's what I needed to toughen up my nipples (and heal). I hope it's easier for #2!

Whew! Ultrasound was great, Squiggles is still moving about. Need to follow up with my OB next week again. So relieved that at this moment everything is okay. They think the clot was remnants of whatever bleed I had Monday.

Good to hear! Glad everything was ok. :flower:

Okay kind of freaking out right now. TWO people I know have passed away unexpectedly in the past week. They say bad things come in 3's. Well, I started bleeding this morning :( All my doc is gonna do it tell me to relax & drinks lots of water. Debating on going to the ER. AHHHH

Oh no...FX it's nothing serious! :flower:

For the ladies who carried before: when was the first time you felt the baby. I keep feeling like I have something lightly touching me near my pelvic bone. I get so weirded out I end up barfing.

I haven't carried before, but I'm not sure wether I felt something or not yet. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I had some moments where it does feel like a slight flutter. :wacko:

I'm a peach today and have made to second trimester.Yay! :happydance:

Yay! :happydance:

How exciting, our first second trimester mama! I'll join you in a few days!

I stayed over at a friend's house to celebrate her birthday. It's very nice to not have to deal with the dogs this morning, but boy am I sore after sleeping in a strange bed. Ohhhh, my pelvis!

Does anyone else have to belch anytime they drink fluids? I just noticed that I have to do this otherwise I'm uncomfortable. Last night, I didn't really belch when I got up to drink some water and felt like I had something in my throat (nauseous) the whole night!

How exciting that some of us are hitting the secong trimester. . . This is a super milestone. I'm mid march so a couple of weeks to go in the 1st for me yet but it makes me so hopeful.

Tiredness has hit me again today. . . Thought it had passed earlier in the week but have just spent the day lounging.

UK LADIES . . . Quick question. . . What happened at you first midwife appointment? Been told it will take about an hour?

Mrs k I was thinking about you yesterday at the butcher shop grand opening! How did it go? I'm pretty jealous as this time I cannot tell you how much I love lamb and sausages and roast beef. Maybe I'm anaemic or something as I've never eaten this much red meat in my life! Better ease up or my cholesterol will be through the roof!!

Missfrick and snowbunnie how are you guys today. Hope everything settled down.

And to our potty trainers! Hope it's going well girls! Wishing you pees in the potty and peace in the heart!

I hope the tiredness passes for you soon. I think I'm finally past the worst of it now. I hope...

Mrs k I was thinking about you yesterday at the butcher shop grand opening! How did it go? I'm pretty jealous as this time I cannot tell you how much I love lamb and sausages and roast beef. Maybe I'm anaemic or something as I've never eaten this much red meat in my life! Better ease up or my cholesterol will be through the roof!!

Thanks for asking! It went really well. I didn't stay too long because I had a train to catch, but I'm glad I went. Bro says they were doing good business up until it started pouring rain (which is of course when I went). I bought us a nice big chunk of pork belly that we'll make into bacon, which is still on my "YAY! Delicious!" list. I think DH is going today, since he was working yesterday, so I may be going home to more surprise meat. He had some nice looking steaks, and I do like the idea of steak, but I like the idea of steak way more rare than I'm allowed to eat :p Typical. I think my iron may be a little low, so I'm trying to get meat in when I can.

How are you feeling? You must be having a hard time relaxing this pregnancy...

That sounds delicious!!

I'm doing ok so far thanks for asking, although I worry it will get harder as time goes on and the baby is more "real" to me. I notice I'm tired but then again I've been pregnant pretty much non stop since July last year and have had some pretty significant life events in that time. I'm trying really hard to focus on each day and being thankful to be pregnant for that day and not let my imagination run too much away with me.
In honesty, I don't think the nightmare is over until I bring home a healthy child. This is just treading water until that day arrives.
You guys help keep me sane though and to try to enjoy pregnancy for what it is as well :) I also find it helpful to be around healthy pregnant women to keep the perspective that what happened to us is not common and not the way this usually plays out.
Whew! You'll wish you hadn't asked now haha!! I appreciate your concern and understanding though, so thankyou!

mommasquirrel- I hope you have a smooth flight! We will be driving to our new location, but it is not as far as you have to go. 22 hour drive for us.

chimama- I feel like I have to belch any time I eat or drink. It's awful, and causes so much discomfort. Also, congrats on getting to second trimester! I can't wait to be there with you!

Breastfeeding was hard for me the first time, because my girls weren't allowed to feed in the NICU until they were 2 weeks old. They gave them my breast milk through feeding tubes though. So I pumped to start out. My main struggle with breastfeeding was having so many family members from out of town visiting, and I was constantly having to go to another room to feed two babies.

Missfrick and snowbunnie how are you guys today. Hope everything settled down.

Thank you! I was on my feet all day yesterday for our party, and was worried I was going to wake up with more clotting, but not more than a little speck of pinkish in my cm today, so I'm feeling very relieved. As long as I don't have more clots I am not going to freak out, as I have already seen my OB and he said not to worry about a little spotting. Like you, my mantra is "I saw it moving on the ultrasound, I am not gushing blood, today it is alive, and that's all I can do." It's keeping me sane for sure!

That's good news missfrick! We will be masters of zen like thinking by fullterm, that's for sure!! Either that or I'll be stark raving looney tunes!

Morning!

snOwbunnie, I would go straight to the ER, the stress of not knowing would be way too stressful:hugs:

Breastfeeding gets easier each time you do it. Last time my milk was right in straight away and the only complication was a tongue tie which was snipped fast. If you get a lot of pain/bleeding then look for this. Also remember the first 3 months are the hardest, after that it gets easier:thumbup:

Miss frick, with subchorionics some clots are expected, as the bleed matures so to speak and starts to come out there will be mainly brown clot like material come out, TMI its usually stringy. Of course for any red its best to get checked out. :hugs:

Momma squirrel, I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible:hugs:

Drmum :hugs: You are so strong! Its really hard to not think about all the what ifs and the panic for further on but you're right, surrounding yourself with positive vibes and having the reassurance that everything is more than likely going to go straightforward with the best care:hugs:

MrsK each time I'm pregnant I always want the raw steak :rofl: Usually like it well done! I hear you on the pelvis :argh:

1st baby I felt at about 18 weeks, this one started feeling about 8 weeks:baby:

Anyone else keep getting sore muscles everywhere, even sensitive to the touch?

I've bought little things. A few garage sale onesies, mostly. My sister in law bought me some Aden + Anais blankets, too, because she said they're her favorite. I guess I could buy some big stuff so the purchases are spaced out, but I haven't done any research yet, and I don't know what's going to be passed down from my nephew. Little stuff will mostly wait til after we know what we're having.

I look soooo pregnant today. It's kind of crazy. I haven't even had any huge meals. I'll see if my friend will get a photo.

I feel like such a bad guest, by the way. We've been friends a long time, long enough to cook and help out when we visit each other. Today, I woke up so sore, so I just sat my lazy butt on the couch while she made me breakfast, and now she's making a pie. I know she understands, and we both agree I should save up my energy for shopping, but it just feels so weird. I should have brought a Tylenol...

Its good to get prepared gradually:thumbup:

Looking forward to bump pics!

Does anyone else have to belch anytime they drink fluids? I just noticed that I have to do this otherwise I'm uncomfortable. Last night, I didn't really belch when I got up to drink some water and felt like I had something in my throat (nauseous) the whole night!

How exciting that some of us are hitting the secong trimester. . . This is a super milestone. I'm mid march so a couple of weeks to go in the 1st for me yet but it makes me so hopeful.

Tiredness has hit me again today. . . Thought it had passed earlier in the week but have just spent the day lounging.

UK LADIES . . . Quick question. . . What happened at you first midwife appointment? Been told it will take about an hour?

I'm pretty sure mine didn't take an hour, they took a few blood samples to send off for testing and wrote in my notes. That's about it because they changed it all, you have to book your own scans now. I'd say I was there roughly half an hour.

Here I am sucking in and relaxing. Some of it's just pudge, but my shape is definitely changing. I'm a D cup, so belly approaching or passing boobs is an achievement ;)

Attachments

• IMAG1055.jpg
    IMAG1055.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
mummy3: I was never actually diagnosed with a SCH, but I guess maybe that's what it is? In any case my bleeding seems to have totally stopped today, I think I had one little pink spot and besides that nothing.

CM has become watery and abundant now though, I hear that starts around 12 weeks... Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->