2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Thanks everyone. I feel like I could be a spokesperson for dental fears now! :haha:

Question: I opted to have the NT testing done. I thought it was a 2 part thing: a blood test followed by a scan? But I am only scheduled for a scan?

Not sure how it works where you are, but in Ontario the NT scan is part 1 of the integrated prenatal testing they do. There are two parts of blood work that go with it. Then they take all the results and calculate your risk of certain genetic disorders. Did you sign up maybe just for the NT scan part and not the rest of it?

I had my scan and blood test on the same day. Maybe that's what your office is doing? There's another blood test recommended to me in the second trimester, but that one will be done at the midwife's office, not the fancy genetic screening company's office.

Peppermint is the only ingredient! So I can feel better about indulging in a cup of tea. :thumbup: thanks for the feedback!

Good luck at your scan tomorrow FoxyCleopatra! Hopefully you will get confirmation of singleton or multiples?

So, we stopped by my brother's shop again today, since it's near the midwife's office. Turns out I can eat steak, it just has to be a really high quality steak, it has to have some seasoning beyond just salt, and it has to be cooked no more than medium. Breaking all the pregnancy meat rules, but since I know the source, I'm not too worried about food poisoning. And man, this ribeye is good....

I am glad you got your steak fix MrsK! I am sure that a medium cooked steak won't hurt anything!

Foxycleopatra- The video link didn't work for me. Did it fizz? I did the baking soda test a few weeks ago and got a bit of fizz.

Is anyone else really hoping for one gender over the other? I know it sounds terrible, because we love our babies no matter what, but I am really hoping for a boy this time. This is probably my last pregnancy, and my husband really wants a son, as do I. Regardless, we just want a healthy baby to love.

I'll be honest, I'm hoping for a girl. For some silly frilly dress reasons, but also for some actual valid reasons (for one, I suspect DH has mild aspergers, and there's a lot of evidence that there's a genetic link, and it's much more prevalent in boys, so I'd worry less about autism with a girl). And then we don't have to fight over boy names... I'd love a boy, too, of course, and it would be nice for my nephew to have another little boy to play with :) And teenage boys are less intimidating... And I tutor boys, so I'm a little more familiar with boys. But I was convinced at the start that it was a girl, and I'm still leaning towards that preference. DH just said he's interested in a 4D ultrasound, so if we're doing that anyway I may try to get one of the package deals with an early gender scan for me and the later 4D scan for him.

no fizz at all. hubby is still convince (hoping) its a boy. I don't mind either way as I already have my 2 girls (though i wouldn't cry if he said girl tomorrow)

I will be getting a 3/4D scan done after 26 weeks as long as bubs doesn't engage super early.

12 weeks today!!!!! Scan on Friday! Will catch up on the thread properly later.

Hello :hi: I'm due march 17th with my 2nd baby :D xxx

Got my 12 week scan in a few hours :)

Lovely scan pictures ladies and good luck to those who have a scan coming up!

Hello :hi: I'm due march 17th with my 2nd baby :D xxx

Welcome!

Good luck for your scan Missb!

So, today is my second day of waking up and not feeling like I need to be sick immediately! :happydance: I wasn't sick at all yesterday, I was convinced it was a one off! Fingers crossed this continues, because I really have had enough of being sick. I'll be back to doing school runs next week, and back to work the week after, so it would be amazing to not have to deal with sickness with all that too!

13 weeks today! One more week until my next doctors appointment where I will hopefully finally hear the heartbeat and we can tell people.

Hey Ladies - I know I have been pretty quiet on here but I have been following as much on this thread as I can manage!

Is anyone having anxiety related to the 12 week scan? I just had mine yesterday. We heard the heartbeat again (it was 180bpm at about 8 weeks and 166bpm yesterday - the technician said thats normal that the heartbeat would slow down as the pregnancy progresses). We saw the baby moving not as much as before because the technician was trying to take all these pictures of the brain and the spine. We saw hands, legs, brain, spine, at least 4 fingers (she said the other one is probably curled in). The technician said the growth looked good.

After the scan they took some blood for testing whether I am a carrier for chromosomal disorder I guess and it takes at least 7 - 10 days for the results and they wont contact us unless there is some concern.

So everything looked good but I really wished she had just told me that everything is fine and nothing they can detect. I dont have a history of CSV - no immediate family on my side or my dh's. I almost feel like I didnt go for the scan then I wouldnt be thinking about it and wouldnt want to be reassured that it is fine.

So now I just have to sit here and reassure myself and try not to stress - when I dont know how well they can even detect these kind of things. I dont know if I would ever do this again

Hey Ladies - I know I have been pretty quiet on here but I have been following as much on this thread as I can manage!

Is anyone having anxiety related to the 12 week scan? I just had mine yesterday. We heard the heartbeat again (it was 180bpm at about 8 weeks and 166bpm yesterday - the technician said thats normal that the heartbeat would slow down as the pregnancy progresses). We saw the baby moving not as much as before because the technician was trying to take all these pictures of the brain and the spine. We saw hands, legs, brain, spine, at least 4 fingers (she said the other one is probably curled in). The technician said the growth looked good.

After the scan they took some blood for testing whether I am a carrier for chromosomal disorder I guess and it takes at least 7 - 10 days for the results and they wont contact us unless there is some concern.

So everything looked good but I really wished she had just told me that everything is fine and nothing they can detect. I dont have a history of CSV - no immediate family on my side or my dh's. I almost feel like I didnt go for the scan then I wouldnt be thinking about it and wouldnt want to be reassured that it is fine.

So now I just have to sit here and reassure myself and try not to stress - when I dont know how well they can even detect these kind of things. I dont know if I would ever do this again

I know exactly what you mean. I had my scan yesterday. Tech said everything looked good. But then based on a distant relation they want to test us both for Tay Sachs! DH is sure his parents were tested years ago, so he isn't worried. But now I'm stressing that maybe they were wrong, or maybe my relative did have it and we just don't have any family history. I think as soon as they want to test for something we immediately start thinking "what if I'm that 1 in a whatever?" even if it's pretty obscure or rare.

So pregnancy brain definitely proved itself this morning! I was running late for work, so I was in a bit of a hurry. I started pulling out of the garage BEFORE the garage door was all the way open! I put a huge dent in the garage door and scratched up the whole back of my SUV! (Haven't told DH yet...I don't think he will be very pleased with me!) Then as I pulled out into the street, I looked at our house and realized I left the front door wide open (from when I let the dog out)...so I had to turn around go shut that! Ugh! I was 20 minutes late for work!

On a happy note, I am now 11 weeks and I found the heartbeat on my Doppler. Although it showed that the heart rate was a little low. Anyone else find that their at home Doppler shows a low rate?

I know exactly what you mean. I had my scan yesterday. Tech said everything looked good. But then based on a distant relation they want to test us both for Tay Sachs! DH is sure his parents were tested years ago, so he isn't worried. But now I'm stressing that maybe they were wrong, or maybe my relative did have it and we just don't have any family history. I think as soon as they want to test for something we immediately start thinking "what if I'm that 1 in a whatever?" even if it's pretty obscure or rare.

Oh that has to be nerve wrecking. All I can say is what my mom told me to just think positive and if you think positive only good things happen. I know its easier said then done..I know I am struggling with it but I kinda made a silly deal with the baby...I will try to worry less and be happy and positive and the baby has to stay healthy and happy. Hang in there..its better to test it and get it out of the way!

Hopeful, that super sucks, although its pretty funny story.. just not when it happens to one personally. Hopefully the garage door can be banged back into shape cuz those things can get expensive.
I've been noticing pregnancy brain a lot more too.. and I hear it only gets worse lol
good luck dealing with telling DH later on, hope he can try to understand!

Had my 13 week scan today. Absolutely amazing! Baby's measuring 5 days head so I'm due 27th of Feb. Still sticking in marshmallows though.
Was bouncing around on his legs and waving his hands & all I could do was laugh in amazement. (We think boy!)
And how cute is baby's little foot & toes 😊

Just had to share! :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2014-08-27 16.55.49.jpg
    2014-08-27 16.55.49.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2014-08-27 17.04.21.jpg
    2014-08-27 17.04.21.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 12
Oh my, no, that is not good! My pregnancy brain never went away last time...:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->