2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

So cute, hanni! It always amazes me how early they really look like babies!

Oh no, Hopeful! And everyone wonders why I don't want to learn to drive while pregnant.... :p My mind is a sieve right now. I'm not leaving doors open yet, but I can't remember anything. DH keeps getting annoyed at me repeating the same question 4 times in a row because I forgot that I asked already (to be fair, I'm pretty sure sometimes he gets distracted and just doesn't answer).

Love seeing all the other scans! Our babies are getting so big! Since I fixed my trackers to be more accurate, I'm second trimester tomorrow. Can't believe it!

Hey Ladies - I know I have been pretty quiet on here but I have been following as much on this thread as I can manage!

Is anyone having anxiety related to the 12 week scan? I just had mine yesterday. We heard the heartbeat again (it was 180bpm at about 8 weeks and 166bpm yesterday - the technician said thats normal that the heartbeat would slow down as the pregnancy progresses). We saw the baby moving not as much as before because the technician was trying to take all these pictures of the brain and the spine. We saw hands, legs, brain, spine, at least 4 fingers (she said the other one is probably curled in). The technician said the growth looked good.

After the scan they took some blood for testing whether I am a carrier for chromosomal disorder I guess and it takes at least 7 - 10 days for the results and they wont contact us unless there is some concern.

So everything looked good but I really wished she had just told me that everything is fine and nothing they can detect. I dont have a history of CSV - no immediate family on my side or my dh's. I almost feel like I didnt go for the scan then I wouldnt be thinking about it and wouldnt want to be reassured that it is fine.

So now I just have to sit here and reassure myself and try not to stress - when I dont know how well they can even detect these kind of things. I dont know if I would ever do this again

The only thing they can tell you after the scan is what your NT measurement is, and whether baby had a nasal bone. NT measurement over 3mm is higher risk, and no nasal bone is high risk. If they didn't mention any problems there, you're in good shape! It's hard to wait for the blood tests, but the odds of you and your DH being carriers of the same thing are so low.

Is anyone doing a private gender scan? We're thinking about it. A couple years ago, DH was on the fence about even finding out the gender of future babies, but now that it's a reality, he's on my side and said it would be worth the money to find out a month early.

Is anyone doing a private gender scan? We're thinking about it. A couple years ago, DH was on the fence about even finding out the gender of future babies, but now that it's a reality, he's on my side and said it would be worth the money to find out a month early.

I think we are. Last time I went to my doctors they had signs up for regular gender scans $50 or 3d gender scans for $75 between 13w and 15w. I have another doctor appointment on friday so im going to double check and if so schedule one. I might be a week or two off on the weeks you can check but im all on board. Its super cheap so why not right?

My son has preschool orientation today. I think I might cry. This is all happening so soon.

Yeah, I think the ones we looked at were about $60, and they're mixed 2D and 3D and come with a variety of extras. Of course, the places with the best reviews are the places that are farthest from the house... I'm thinking it would be nice to get doublechecked, too, since we'd still ask at the anatomy scan. Less chance of a surprise at birth.

Yeah for sure, it would also help with shopping too. I just want to get everything:) hubbys fam even freaked out and said hold on why are you guys buying all the big stuff ie: stroller, crib. It took me aback...nobody bought me that stuff with my first besides clothes and normal stuff.

I may register for some big things, but I plan on buying the crib and stroller. I wasn't too keen on the cribs at Target and Babies R Us, which seem like the most sensible places to register, and I'm hoping I can get a nicer stroller secondhand. That still leaves some bigger items to put on the registry, for people who like to spend more.

We have friends with toddlers who want to hand stuff down to us, too. I know at least one friend is waiting to hear what we're having because she has a bunch of girl clothes that will get donated if they don't go to us. They have small house and a second baby due in mid-October, so I'm sure they want the space.

My mom has already told me she's buying the crib and my husband's parents said they want to buy us the pram. My dad (divorced parents) is going to be giving me a nice check to buy another one of our big ticketed items. Plus my sister who had a baby last year is giving us her baby bouncer and playmat. So we've already racked up a good bit! :)

We've been out looking at SUV's this week and will probably purchase one in the next couple of weeks! :) I have a little Honda civic and was wanting something a bit bigger for when the baby comes. :) Now if only someone would buy THAT for us we'd be set! haha.

Haha! That would be a hell of a registry! Maybe I'll register for a minivan... ;)

Y'all might have already had this conversation but is anyone in maternity pants yet? I love my skinny jeans but by the end of the day I end up unbuttoning them because they're just so tight! Thinking about just jumping into maternity pants.

It's kind of nice being on my second since we already have everything... Just need a double stroller and clothes if it's a boy! I need to find out what it is so we can decorate his/her room though.

I'm in maternity pants, but not maternity shorts. I had a few pairs of shorts in the back of a drawer from before I lost 40lbs, so those still fit just fine. None of my jeans fit once the bloating started, so I bought maternity jeans right away. I also have a few other pieces that work well already - a casual dress, and a stretchy casual skirt from Old Navy. I'm starting to look a little pregnant, so I doubt I could get away with some of my dresses with more fitted bodices, but I'm sure my pre-pregnancy empire waist dresses would be fine.

Yes, I am mostly in maternity pants! I am wearing regular pants today and am so uncomfortable! My maternity clothes are all fall/winter though, so they aren't overly comfortable when it's so hot outside.... but none of my shorts fit anymore either.

Yea, I am definitely ready for that gender scan! I've been wanting to go ahead and buy things but a lot of the stuff is either boy or girl stuff. Not much gender neutral stuff to choose from!

I can't even buy the stuff that I want to be gender neutral, until I find out what's getting handed down. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad we're getting stuff given to us, but it would be nice to go buy some things.

Scan went well baby was being a pain kept rolling lol they put me forward to 12 weeks 5 days and due 6th march

https://i57.tinypic.com/rw8ghv.jpg

I love seeing all these scans! I'm ready for my 12 week scan! Two more weeks!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"