2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

mummy3- They are very excited about starting Kindergarten! They have been counting down the days all week. We just had a meet and greet with their teacher today, which was fun.

Bookity- I have also heard about the gender dreams being the opposite. It will be interesting to see how many of us it is right for. So far, I don't think I have had any gender dreams.

As for the exhaustion, it seems like I lose momentum around 3 or 4. I can't sleep if I take a nap though, so I usually just become a couch potato until I have to make dinner.

Today was actually one of the first days that I haven't felt too "blah". And I had a pretty good supply of energy all throughout the day too, so hopefully that sticks around for a while.

We don't have anything too fun planned for the weekend. My husbands shop is getting together for a farewell dinner for him on Saturday at Buffalo Wild Wings. That's probably the extent of our fun, because we have so many things that we need to get done. What about anyone else?

Well, if y'all are correct about dreams being the opposite, that means I'm having a boy!! Which I believe is what I am having! :)

This weekend we're going to a college football game. We plan on tailgating all day. Lots of food will be there so that has me all excited! Especially since I finally got some maternity pants today and started wearing them! So glad I decided to go ahead and do that!

And yes, Im still dealing with extreme exhaustion too.. around 2ish and around 8ish also! I wonder if thats parallel with our natural biorhythms or with some kinda hormonal cycle because its about 430p here and I finally have to energy to fold laundry, check the forums and water the garden before I go back to couch potato land.

Could be! My sleep rhythms have always been really weird, though, and they've only gotten weirder now that I can't take my melatonin. It's interesting because I start to really fade around 2 no matter what time I got up. Whether I dragged myself out of bed at 8am, or got to sleep in til 11, I'm exhausted at 2ish no matter what.

I'm a peach! Officially stop taking my increased folic acid starting tomorrow (Friday) night. I can't believe there is something roughly the size of a peach inside of me - I remember when it was a poppy seed!

Tonight we fiddled around with the DIY invitations and they look pretty good. When the package is done I'll post a photo.

DF doesn't understand that I will need more than 3 maternity shirts for this pregnancy. I have 2 pairs of leggings and one of jeans and he says that's all I need. I have 4 tank tops and 2 t-shirts and one dress and apparently I'm set... :dohh: I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I guess I need to start asking friends for stuff they have - my cousin is supposed to bring me some stuff but I suspect she wore a L/XL during her pregnancies, and I am M in tops... but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Tomorrow I'm meeting DF at work and we are going to Harveys (which always upsets my stomach) because they have new fried pickles on the menu (so I'm willing to risk it!)

Men! You can't be expected to wear only three pairs of pants and three shirts for six months! Maybe you can find something cheaper on Craigslist or Ebay, or at thrift stores.

Men! You can't be expected to wear only three pairs of pants and three shirts for six months! Maybe you can find something cheaper on Craigslist or Ebay, or at thrift stores.

Yeah, I've been looking at the thrift shops, and I'm not opposed to buying stuff at WalMart... got 2 tanks and the dress at Target and it wasn't that cheap, but WalMart seems to be better prices. For him it's the idea of spending money on things I won't wear after 10 months or so, but we both agree we will have more than one kid, so it's kind of an investment really...

Hell, my normal jeans don't always last nine months... I say if you can only have three outfits til March, he can only have three outfits til March! And he gets to do the laundry every three days.

If nothing else, you can sell stuff in good condition once you're done with kids. There's a good market for second-hand maternity, I think.

Yay 2 days off in a row and 2nd dr appt tomorrow.

I still haven't gone back and looked at everyone's posts properly but I will do!! Got my 12 week scan this morning. Sooooo scared!

Its so nice to still be in bed and not bother getting up for work. My office gives today off as part of the long weekend so just want to rest and enjoy it as much as I can.

Congrats to all the ladies with beautiful scans!

I have my gender/ anatomy scan scheduled for end of September so looking forward to that! I can't believe I'll be at that point already.

Harvey's has deep fried pickles!? What?! I hate Harvey's, but may be willing to try the pickles. Let me know how they are, Missfrick! I also think you should tell your DF that if he thinks you can survive a pregnancy with that many clothing items, he should narrow down his closet to the same number and see how he does :) You don't need a lot really, but I think you will probably need more than that.

We have a wedding to go to in Montreal this weekend! Fun, but I am at that stage between fitting in my normal clothes and maternity dresses being way too big. So I am praying that my dress will fit lol.

NellyLou I hate Harveys too, and most people I know think I'm crazy... it's totally not my thing. Hopefully I find some options I like and can stomach.

I know! People at work go all the time, and never understand when I say I won't go there lol.

Had some old blood (brown) again last night, we dtd Tuesday... Starting to think I need to not anymore until I see my doctor in 2 weeks... Poor DF I don't know how to break it to him... I'm just getting my libido back and now this.

Aww, at least it's only two weeks, right? And you can do other things together... ;)

I was texting with SIL today because we're getting together to look over their baby stuff and see what we want and what they can sell or donate, and then we're going to do some shopping. We have to plan all our outings at this point around her pumping and nephew's naptimes. I mentioned that I'm happy to work around Baby H for now, until we have two little monkeys to plan around. I'm pretty sure once little Howard gets here, we'll just never see each other again :p

How's everyone feeling today? Hopefully nearing the "magical" second trimester is helping everyone who's been miserable.

My pelvic pain hasn't been too bad, but it'll get a good test shopping today. I'll be careful and we're not doing crazy shopping, but there's gonna be a little walking no matter what. I'm hoping that since the baby is lifting out of the pelvis, there will be less pressure throwing things out of whack. I'm also getting really tired again, but I think that's allergy season, not the pregnancy. I'm always miserable this time of year.

The starfish story is cute too, Mummy3! Might have to try that this time!

Does anyone else feel like they are crashing around 2pm every day. It just hits me every day at 2 and I barely feel like I can stay awake... I just want to put my head on my desk and sleep.:sleep:

Yes 2pm every day I wish I could nap but I have to work.

As for the dreams I have had dreams of both sexes so I guess its all up in the air.

In other news Bundle crossed it's legs and refused to budge at ultrasound appt yesterday so stubborn already, lol!

Hi all (I almost said "ladies", but hi to GFguy too!)

I have been trying to keep up but I have been home with my son this week trying to get him ready for his first week of school, so I haven't had a lot of spare time. He is very excited, just like your girls Alyssa! Luckily he still naps so I have been able to take a nap in the afternoons too.

It is so nice to see so many people moving into second tri and all of the great scans.

Missfrick- some spotting after bding is normal, it's because there is so much blood flow to that area and the cervix is sensitive. I totally understand the abstaining though! We haven't dtd in weeks, poor DH understands as I have a SCH and I don't want to go bumping stuff around until the next scan to see how it's doing. I'm sure your DF will understand; it's for the baby and your mental health!

MrsK- I hope you are planning a relaxing evening with your feet up! Have fun shopping.

Lucky you, Chimama!! I would love a day off... a proper day off! I will have to call in sick or something once DS has started school. Probably would sleep all day! :rofl:

MissFrick & NellyLou- I haven't had Harvey's in a loooong time! I couldn't say if I like it or not. The one near us is attached to a Swiss Chalet, so I normally end up getting something from there instead.

I missed something about names earlier in the week! I think DH and I have figured out names, but we won't be telling anyone (not you guys, I will probably tell you once we decide for sure). We don't want people's opinions to change our minds. We have been quite thorough with looking at it from different "angles". Our last name is Hug, so we have to take some extra consideration with initials and such. Amanda Hug wouldn't work (similar to a crank call on the Simpsons once, sounds like A man to hug). There are some others that don't work and initial combos can work out funny... but thanks to pregnancy brain I can't remember any others :dohh:

I figured out another! HAHA! Hug is actually pronounce Who-g, so Cindy Lou Hug would be too Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Haha! That does sound like a hassle. Our last name starts with Kis (pronounced Kiss), but it goes on for a couple syllables after that, so I'm hoping it doesn't get in the way too much. I'm a little wary of Valentine Kis...... but all my friends assure me its ok. Kind of rules out giving the baby my middle name Rose, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->