2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Harvey's deep fried pickles are the best thing on earth!

I just had a scary moment. I was waiting for the bus and it's really hot. After standing there for ten minutes or so, I started feeling like I was going to throw up and pass out. I almost gave up and went home twice, and finally walked over to a bus stop with a bench. My feet feel huge, too. I think I'll skip the shopping if it doesn't cool off and see if DH can pick me up after work. Pretty sure I'll be ok once I'm inside.

I just had a scary moment. I was waiting for the bus and it's really hot. After standing there for ten minutes or so, I started feeling like I was going to throw up and pass out. I almost gave up and went home twice, and finally walked over to a bus stop with a bench. My feet feel huge, too. I think I'll skip the shopping if it doesn't cool off and see if DH can pick me up after work. Pretty sure I'll be ok once I'm inside.

Oh no. Hope you feel better. I've always been prone to fainting so know how scary it can be. Make sure your not standing still too much. I know it's not always possible but try to keep moving rather than standing still. So when your waiting for the bus walk up and down.

I did feel better when I was walking to the stop with the bench. I'm almost to sister in law's now. Looking forward to sitting down with cold water and lunch.

So happy! I was on a 12 month contract at work due to finish in 2 weeks, maternity allowance wouldn't have kicked in until Dec and I wasn't hopeful about finding a 2 month temp job so money was going to tight! I asked my boss the other day if he knew of any temp work going within the company (I couldn't stay on in my current role as I work with chemicals), I wasn't optimistic as I thought they were annoyed about me getting pregnant as it meant I couldn't do any of the work my role included, but got called in to the office today and they're going to extend for another 2 months as there's loads of office work I can apparently do! It'll be pretty dull but better than not working and having no money to do anything! Also means I'll qualify for full SMP so 90% of pay for first 6 weeks, then normal rate for the remaining time. So relieved!

Congrats ruthb! :)

Hope you're getting some rest now mrsk! Take it easy. x

Congrats ruthb! Glad it worked out.

MrsKChicago - hope you're feeling better!

That's great, Ruth!

Thanks, ladies. I'm feeling much better now. I got to SIL's and had some water and some lunch and relaxed in the air conditioning and I was fine. We even made it to the thrift store a couple blocks from her after I rested awhile. I felt a lot better going back out with someone there. I'm heading home now, and both bus stops are shaded with benches, and it's cooled off a bit, so I should be fine. She lives so close, it's usually walking distance, so it's really weird for me to have trouble getting there taking the lazy bus route! I'll definitely have to be more careful about the heat.

Great news Ruth. The whole mat leave thing is such a headache I totally understand.

Hope you're feeling better mrsk? Scary stuff for sure. I find it so hard to remember to drink enough especially when it makes me pee like a racehorse!

Anyone doing any baby shopping this weekend? I just realised car seats apparently have an expiry date on them which seems a bit crazy. I don't want to eat it! So I need to dig out my baby seat and see what's on it as I've no idea if they last 1 year or 10 years - anyone know?

Good to hear everyone is doing well for the most part. Good luck on the first day of school for the mommies that have that next week!

Not much going on over here. I'm counting down until my next appointment, which is Wednesday. I'm anxious to hear that heartbeat. As things keep going longer and not much is happening I'm not sure I believe I'm pregnant any more all the time.
The only symptom I am having consistently is hip pain. It's mostly in my right hip, and can make it painful to walk. If I remember I will mention it next week. I'm planning on getting some sort of body pillow, hoping it will help at night.

Anyone doing any baby shopping this weekend? I just realised car seats apparently have an expiry date on them which seems a bit crazy. I don't want to eat it! So I need to dig out my baby seat and see what's on it as I've no idea if they last 1 year or 10 years - anyone know?

The padding in them breaks down over time, so it's important to keep them in date. I don't know how long they last, though. Probably a few years. Bike helmets expire too, FYI.

I made it home in one piece. Ready for a nap...

My car seat is good 6 years. Grateful I'll get to use it for the third kiddo. Though if it's a boy I might get a new one seeing as it's very pink, lol

Anyone know where the expiry date is on a maxi cosi pebble. Even google isn't helping much.....

lilfooshfoosh- Starting kindergarten is so exciting and scary at the same time! Is this your first LO sending off to elementary? My girls did preschool, but it was only 2-3 times a week for 3 hours, so this will be much different.

I am 13 weeks today yay! That is second tri right? I have seen so many contradicting things. I used to think second tri was 12 weeks, but I have also seen 13 weeks and 14 weeks.

I think my energy level is starting to come back to me! It could be because I have been going to bed earlier, or because I am getting over the fatigue stage.

DrMum- I have no idea about the expiration. I wish I could help!

Congrats Ruthb! That will definitely be beneficial!

I've heard everything from 12 weeks to 14 weeks. I went with 13 because it was the end of three solid months. It seems to be the standard in the US.

This lime (okay pretty much plum, seeing as it's 11w6d that this picture was taken) is huge tonight!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
Scan went really well. He/she wouldn't keep still for the sonographer to take measurements!! All perfect :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 4
Tellana - nice pic. The bump is definitely there.

chrislo4 - great scan picture! Always exciting when we see LO moving around.

AlyssaANDJosh - welcome to second trimester!!

Over the last couple days, my breasts have been getting a little sore again, and I think they're growing. Booo. I don't want to keep buying new bras, the cheap ones don't work on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->