2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

My MS is definitely easing up. The only time I feel sick now is if my stomach is empty and I don't get food into it fast enough, or if I eat way too much (which I do, because I'm so ridiculously hungry all the time now!) So I tend to eat fast, and then miss that fine line between still hungry/stuffed too full. I'm trying to slow down when I eat so I don't have that problem. It's not working too well. :haha:
I can't believe I'm a lemon today! Despite feeling like time has been going way too slow, the second tri and week 14 just kind of snuck up on me! Last pregnancy, I found out at 12 weeks I had a MMC, and ended up with an emergency D&C at 13 weeks, so passing both of those numbers and making it to 14 weeks feels amazing!
My tiredness is easing up just a bit as well. Although I did sleep in until 10 this morning, as OH is out and my MIL had LO for the night. It was amazing to get 12 hours sleep like that, and I know it won't likely happen again for a long time! I woke up refreshed and ready to tackle my to-do list. So far I've eaten breakfast, and checked in here. :thumbup: :haha:

My nausea has definitely eased up. Like Hanni, I have really bad indigestion, but I have learned different ways to handle it better, so I am feeling better on that front too. My energy level has been substantially improved over the last few days! Which is perfect timing because I have a ton of things to do in September.

I need to start exercising and making healthier food choices...my "cute" bump is really just all squishy and I realized the 10lbs I've gained is not baby in any way... I'm feeling pretty down about it today actually. I'm still pretty tired all the time too which doesn't help because I'm not that motivated to eat healthy or exercise, but I bought prenatal dvds and only did them once. I know pregnancy is supposed to be a time to indulge a little (obviously not too much) and enjoy our body changes, but it's hard for me, seeing as how I was always kinda chubby and had to work very hard to stay at a healthy weight... Anyone else having weight fears/body image issues while preggs?

I'm feeling pretty good about myself for now, but I'm definitely worried about the future. I don't want to go off the rails and gain a million pounds. I'm a little worried about judgement because the extra weight I was already carrying makes me look further along than I am. Half of me wants to embrace the pregnant look and the other half wants to hide it til my size better matches my week.

Hey everyone! Just checking in to say hello. Glad we've got some feeling better :)

Mrsk - embrace the bump!! Look pregnant, look gorgeous and enjoy every minute. Have photos taken to remember how great you look. No pregnant woman ever believes how good they look until they are holding the baby looking at pictures thinking "damn, I was hot when I was pregnant". This I truly believe!!

(Steps down off soap box) oh and can someone say that back to me in a week or so please when I believe I am the size of the moon...? Thanks girls.

Otherwise not much new this end. Being in week 14 already is pretty surreal. How fast this pregnancy is going blows my mind. My previous pregnancies have lasted foreeeeever.

Have restful Labor Day weekends everyone. Back to school on Tuesday and back to the mayhem of lost lunch boxes and odd socks :) gosh I love it though!

Is 11 weeks too early to be feeling round ligament pain? I remember the feeling with my son & this is definitely it!

My MS has all but gone but in it's place I have killer indigestion!

I am excited I just booked a private 3D gender scan for Saturday 27th Sept!! cannot wait to see if baby really is a girl like the u/s tech said?!?

My MS has all but gone but in it's place I have killer indigestion!

I am excited I just booked a private 3D gender scan for Saturday 27th Sept!! cannot wait to see if baby really is a girl like the u/s tech said?!?

Exciting! We're probably going to schedule one mid-September. Looks like I can do it any time after the 11th.

Sn0wbunnie, I don't know for sure that it's round ligament pain because this is my first, but I've had what I assume is round ligament pain now and then, when I sneeze or cough in the wrong position. It makes sense to me that it would come up sooner in a second pregnancy.

DrMum, I'm definitely embracing it! I just wish it was more bump and less fat.

My MS is as bad as ever if not worse! I have been losing whole meals approximately every other day. I can not wait for it to go away! It's definitely worse this time.

I don't think it's too early for round ligament pain. I am getting pains for sure. Everything happens so much earlier for subsequent pregnancies.

This is my first and I think I've been feeling ligament pains for a few weeks. I thought it was way too early, but everything I've read says that's it. It's really painful for a few seconds and goes away, coughing sometimes, sneezing, moving the wrong way or getting up too fast. It's painful, but makes me feel good that baby must be growing.

Ive been getting headaches too :(
And I know theyre pregnancy related because normally I rarely have headaches.
Nausea mild, but definitely still a presence...
And exhaustion is still kicking my butt ... Im really really really looking forward to 2nd tri when things supposedly improve ;)

curlykate & DrMum - glad we all made it to lemon!

Sn0wbunnie - definitely round ligament pain. I felt it too by then and this is my first.

swampmaiden - still feel tired as well. Looking forward to the much talked about energy in second trimester.

Is anyone else having issues sleeping on their side? I woke up like 6 times last night from trying to turn from my back to my side.

Alyssa- it is the first day of normal school for my first child! he did go to a Montessori school this past year though, so he is definitely prepared. he is going to an all day french school, so we wanted to make sure he was ahead of the curriculum so he could focus more on the new language, he only knows a few french words (colours, numbers, alphabet, etc) but he is super smart so we think he will pick it up quickly.

My name is uncommon and my parents used a proper spelling but not for english, so I always have to spell my name. I don't mind now but when I was a kid I remember looking at those name plates and stuff longingly...my parents wouldn't have bought it for me anyway but it bothered me that my name was never there, not even spelled differently. I love my name though.

With our DS my DH needed time to come around to the name we picked. I would bring it up every month or so after giving a bunch of other names he didn't like until one day he said "oh, that sounds nice." I think hearing it a number of times but spread out made a difference, he sort of grew more accustomed to hearing it and it became more appealing.

I've been feeling round ligament pain for quite a few weeks already, and by what you ladies are describing, you are as well. I makes sense that you're feeling it this early, as there's a lot of stretching going on in there as bubs grows!
chimama-my sleep issues aren't just from my back to my side, it's whenever I roll over to any position! I'm constantly waking up, and then as soon as I'm awake, I have to get up and pee. It's getting really annoying!
My LO is starting kindergarten this year, but thankfully I still have another week to get used to the idea as he doesn't start until the 10th. I'm going to be an emotional wreck when I put him on that school bus.....
As for names, we haven't talked too much about it yet. I know it's going to cause an argument, and there's no point until we know ifwe are arguing ocean boys names or girls names. Oh really wanted LO to have a "D" names, as OH wanted them to have the same initials. I have him that. Now he automatically thinks that LO2 is going to is going to have a "D" name as well, but I've informed him that I want them to have a "K" name after me. He's acting like a child who's been denied candy, so I dropped it for now. I WILL get my way tho. Lol

Well, that's just not fair, Kate! If he gets the first one initialed after him, of course you get the second one initialed after you if you want! Geez, didn't his parents teach him to share??

Today was my first sleep in and do nothing day for days. I was really looking forward to rolling out of bed at 10:30 at the earliest. Instead, I woke up at 8:15 with a bad headache. I'm not thrilled. I hope this is just a random headache and not one of those common second trimester headaches I hear some women get. I can't handle headaches all the time. They almost sound worse than nausea to me.

I think I need to do something nice for the ladies DH works with. He's one of the only guys in the practice, and he's witnessed a few pregnancies at work now. I gotta say, those ladies have him really well trained! He doesn't always intuitively understand how to handle emotional stuff and other people not feeling well and so on, but he has been on top of things this pregnancy. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

We had a goal today after a busy weekend that we weren't going to leave the limits of our property for anything less than our house being on fire. It turned out he had a petsitting job that ended later than he though, so he had to run out and walk a dog, but otherwise the relaxing all day rule was still in place. I mentioned before he left that I had a sweet tooth and was thinking about seeing if we had what I needed to make a cake later, and he surprised me by coming home with half a dozen donuts so I could take care of the sweet tooth while keeping my butt parked on the couch. I honestly haven't had a really rough pregnancy, but between him and my brother I'm being totally spoiled. Maybe I'll bake them all a cake ;)

LilFooshFoosh- My girls went to a Montessori for about 6 months too. I really liked it, but we moved and I stopped working, so I had to take them somewhere cheaper. Learning French in school sounds like a great way for him to learn a second language!

I have also been having round ligament pains for a few weeks. They showed up the first time at 8 weeks when I was just walking at the gym. Now it really only happens if I sneeze or roll over to fast.

I get random headaches too, and I am also the type of person who never got them before pregnancy. I didn't get them with my girls, so it is definitely different.

MrsK- A lazy day sounds fantastic! I would say that I would try that today, but I have laundry to do and I have to get my kids stuff ready for their big day tomorrow. I am jealous of your sweet tooth too! This baby doesn't let me eat anything sweet, which conflicts with everything I have ever known.

Hi ladies. Glad the symptoms are easing for some of you. I'm still suffering with morning sickness. But must admit is better than it has been. I had my scan today which was great. I found it amazing to actually see my baby. It was measuring at 13 weeks 4 days. So can I have my due date changed on the front page please? Now due 5th march.

Congrats on good scan, Molly! :)

I have my 1st (12wk) scan in the morning - nervous and excited! :)

Welcome to the 5th of March club, Molly :D

Alyssa, I'm enjoying it while I can, but I still can't totally kick this headache. The constant sweet tooth is a new one for me, I've always had a salty tooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->